yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Spend yesterday morning researching where to stay, decide Canmore, Alberta, CA.
    Inform DH of all the things that he had previously told me, "don't worry about it,,,we will deal with it when we get to where we are going"...uhhhhhh....
    inform DH, this is not the USA,,,,,and oh,,,did you know about the flooding? this? that? and more information I share with him.
    He acts surprised. That what he thought woudl be a 0ne hour drive in Alberta, is deemed by professional drivers to be the most hazardous road they've ever driven.
    He retools his driving plans. THANK GOD!!!!
    Book Falcon Crest Lodge in Canfield,,yea! my own kitchen, washer and dryer...NICE!~
    Head out to DS 4th at his house. It's so much cooler air by the ocean. I enjoy not cooking and sitting getting to know his new neighbors.
    Fireworks,,,YES! the entire street comes out. It was GREAT! I haven't heard fireworks like that since I was little.
    Our city bans fireworks....his does not.
    The kids all come out and DS spends time helping them with tiny Roman Candles. Fun to watch.
    I realize it's the first 4th of July where we've been somewhere actually enjoying it...in decades rather than staying home.
    I could do this again....next year~!
    And on the way home,,,the travel bug bites me. Might be time to go see some places and do things for a few months.

2. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Yesterday:

heat, humidity, misery; JA does not take this well; can barely stay awake but sleeping is miserable, too, whine whine
    take self to local mall just to get cool
    stop at Apple store to see if they can address issues with my ip5; they address
    meet DB#1, shop a bit, score some new sandals and a dress way out of my comfort zone; horizontal multicolor stripes? me?
    home; corn on the cob, burger; it's the 4th of July, what else is there?
    watch fireworks from 2nd floor window; all along the river across from me, there are towns setting off sparkles; delightful, but provokes a whopping cascade of memory, some good, some less thrilling
    z

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

thurs...spend entire day knee deep in bill writing, laundry and alas, shovelling more dirt/cow poo into raised beds...too exhausted to walk down to the lake for fire works...in bed by 8ish for the second day in a row...could I please have a day off of physical activity soon?...is that too much to ask?

4. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

it appears so.........:(

5. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

We had heavy rain and fog all day yesterday... most fireworks cancelled.

6. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Yesterday:

Work in the morning. Early o'clock to slightly-less-early o'clock.
    Home, computer a bit, prepare tequila bottles. (Don't want to spend ridiculous money on drinks...1oz hand sanitizer bottles, thoroughly washed, filled with tequila).
    Nap when BF gets home...wake up two hours later and he is still playing computer games. BF you have things to get done today...do them.
    Get dressed for dance/pubcrawl. Drive to dance.

Dance lesson...in which our connection is fabulous, and things are working well. Woohoo!
    DP offers me a lift into town. Yes please! I leave my car at dance to pick up tomorrow. Get dropped at DP's GF's work...where they give me a free slushy. Get tram further into city.

Pubcrawl. Details are fuzzy. lots of cider, tequila, and shots. Tasty shots.

BF picks me up from town at 11. Yes it's early, but he was leaving town then, and there are no buses home to my house on a Friday night after midnight :(
    Get home...crash in a sleepy way.

stash likes this.
  7. fascination

you are getting inundated with too much unfortunate stuff:(

cornutt likes this.
  8. fascination

1oz sanitizer bottles filled will tequila...you are a genius :)

FancyFeet likes this.
  9. j_alexandra

Yesterday:

Heat-induced memory failure; other than shopping for upcoming dinner party, I cannot remember squat other than that father is affected by the heat and sucks it up and turns on the one lone air conditioner we own, parks himself in that room, and, I hope, soon feels better; that's all I remember
    Until I go to Manhattan comp to watch a friend dance closed gold Standard; see several friends, and even ChaChaMama, who looks great!
    Plans to go blues dancing fall through, alas
    Home; eat for the first time all day, basically, and JA does not handle this well
    Read, Z

10. fascination

fri...teach bike and bench...long meeting to prep for upcoming training I am hosting...home to cook a bunch of stuff for picnic..symphony on a blanket...dvorak...glorious....home to sleep

11. fascination

sat; hour and a half of zumba in the park..hotter than blazes and humid ...on concrete...feet will be sore tomo....several hours prepping for my first training of new instructors...excited, but it is a good deal of physiology and being able to break that down for folks, many of whom have never had any of it before....laundry, booking a room for monday, ordering some pics from millenium, tried to nap but couldn't...I truly deeply miss my naps...where have they gone? dh does the dishes, I love him deeply for this and promise to reward him :cool:...water garden in hopes that someday I will have more than the potatoes, romaine and kale to show for it.... beans and one tomato plant are looking up and I think some peppers, but it has been slow going ...still, we have awesome soil, so I anticipate a good yield eventually...sat out in front courtyard making tomorrow's to -do list which includes planting a last batch of seeds, practicing, cutting dh's hair, etc...hoping I sleep as well tonight as the last two nights...which have been the total blackout of death...

12. 3wishes

Workout at home.
    DS and almost DIL show up. SURPRISE!
    They announce they will be buying another ATV at our local Mega Recreation Vehicle Mall.
    Ask DS...uhhhh....I really want to go to the beach, did you bring back my chairs
    and easy up from the 4th at your house?
    DS...uhhhhh..."no"....ARGH, silent scream.
    DH comes home from 2 mile walk, showers, heads out with kids.
    Yes, I said the dreaded word "kids" - they will always be my kids. No matter how old they get.
    I head out to lesson with Pro, preping for Desert Classic.
    Feeling pretty yucky, can't figure it out. ugh.
    Run into another DF-er (I know your lurking, you still owe me your e-mail address since I lost it).
    Converse with other student while Pro runs a 10 minute errand,,which we all know will be at least 20 minutes.
    Double lesson takes place,,,and I swear that I have just finished a marathon complete with soaked workout clothing.
    Home, view new ATV which is "new" used. Very nice.
    THANKFULLY, no one askes me about dinner and I head straight to the pool to float, in complete silence...which is....golden! aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my back says as I float.

Debra likes this.
  13. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

drive to phx leaving at 9 am
    3hrs of smooth with pro

go to wcs comp watch three finals
    dinner
    go back to wcs comp and dance two more hrs socially

get home at midnight

BIG FUN!!

j_alexandra likes this.
  14. fascination

sun...prep for trainings coming up, tan, cut dh's hair, laundry, jillion other things

mon...teach two classes, lessons, bed immanent

15. j_alexandra

Yesterday:

Lesson, the first in ages; some up, some down, then a crash and burn; JA does not do heat well, and a week of heat wave has sapped my energy big time and it shows
    To House of X, do a bit of business
    Home; nap; getting up from nap is scary hard, like my legs have forgotten what it means to stand up
    Group class; my feet are so swollen I can't get them into my shoes, but I keep struggling for 15 minutes; as soon as I get them on and stand up on them, I almost fall over; give up and go get my jazz shoes, so I can at least manage part of the class; birthday celebrations at end of class, nice
    Pick up a salad and go home; sit on porch, make phone calls, eat salad
    Z

it occurs to me that most of this post would go nicely in the Whining Thread; my bad

16. fascination

did I do monday?....lessons...uM... an issue I think of focusing on the positive...with mixed results on all parts...his and mine...doing VA...wish I could do sarasota and a local event, but I can't...financially and schedule -wise ...I think I am learning things, but the musicality and joy of previous weeks seemed to have drifted off...seems like when we have a comp coming, much of the dancing together part fades....
    tues, clearly not the day for lessons... but ideal isn't a luxury I have...guess it best to say we tolerated one another...hopefully, next week will be better...taught two classes after that...have to work every day until I travel for a comp then he is competing elsewhere without me b/c of my schedule...lots of missed lesson time before usdc...but it can't be helped...not cavalier about it, but can't do a blooming thing about it...completely exhausted...hope it looks better tomo...looking forward to seeing buddies in DC

17. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Loving the broke uni student life...no-one searches bags on pubcrawls.

18. 3wishes

Yesterday, A very short yoga/stretch session before a double lesson coaching.
    Head out to coaching.
    Coach looks at me,,,has known me for a least 3 years,,,,and askes "where did you get so much darker? are you tannng for Desert Classic?"
    uhhhh. Blank Stare back at coach.
    Response, "nope, not tanning, this is my skin when I'm not locked up in an office all day long and I'm able to be outside, the advantage of retirement as well as parent heritage"
    "This is quite natural for me"..
    Coach sighs,,,,I laugh...now can we get started?
    DH heads off to hopefully last Doctor Appt for heart...comes back smiling...although he will always have a Cardio Appt every so many months from now on. He's so much more relaxed...gotta love it.
    Pack for Palm Desert Classic . Why am I not excited about this? All I realize I can think about, is travelling not so much dancing
    Pick up GS who is now talking about flying on the jet with me to Texas. It will, more than likely, be his only trip - as he informs me that his Texas cousins like coming out here to California because it's not so hot in the summer. I totally agree with him.
    Step Dad calls....this and that chatting.
    Pool time - lots of swimming, GS shows off his underwater handstand and other new pool tricks. hmmmmmmmmm.
    GS reminds DH and I that we promised him a LeggoLand trip this summer. uhhhhh, I NEVER said anything like that at all...so I know exactly where THAT came from.
    I love Carlsbad,,,,might make that trip into a 2 day-er or 3. hmmm hmmmm hmmmmm

19. fascination

wed...teach two classes, stone gowns and jewelry repairs, tan, highlight hair, prep for training...dunno what else but busy full day

thurs...teach and spend day training after which continued pre-comp prep

20. j_alexandra

Tuesday:

Wake miserable, achy, etc and hot; nearly don't go to gyro b/c I'm a whiny cranky bitch and have no energy; go to gyro and leave happy, calm, energized, and nothing hurts -- I love gyro; have brought my gyro teacher the last piece of chocolate blackout cake (this turns out to be important)
    Lesson, tango, and Something Happens and things are beyond stellar
    Accountant arrives; oy; an opportunity to go to lunch somewhere air-conditioned, and she opts to sit on the porch and eat leftovers from the party? whatev
    To winebar to hang out with DB#4; DB#1 shows up, too, and my Blond German Friend is bartending, so it's like a micro mini party
    Home; Z