yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

sat; hour and a half of zumba in the park..hotter than blazes and humid ...on concrete...feet will be sore tomo....several hours prepping for my first training of new instructors...excited, but it is a good deal of physiology and being able to break that down for folks, many of whom have never had any of it before....laundry, booking a room for monday, ordering some pics from millenium, tried to nap but couldn't...I truly deeply miss my naps...where have they gone? dh does the dishes, I love him deeply for this and promise to reward him :cool:...water garden in hopes that someday I will have more than the potatoes, romaine and kale to show for it.... beans and one tomato plant are looking up and I think some peppers, but it has been slow going ...still, we have awesome soil, so I anticipate a good yield eventually...sat out in front courtyard making tomorrow's to -do list which includes planting a last batch of seeds, practicing, cutting dh's hair, etc...hoping I sleep as well tonight as the last two nights...which have been the total blackout of death...
  2. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Workout at home.
    DS and almost DIL show up. SURPRISE!
    They announce they will be buying another ATV at our local Mega Recreation Vehicle Mall.
    Ask DS...uhhhh....I really want to go to the beach, did you bring back my chairs
    and easy up from the 4th at your house?
    DS...uhhhhh..."no"....ARGH, silent scream.
    DH comes home from 2 mile walk, showers, heads out with kids.
    Yes, I said the dreaded word "kids" - they will always be my kids. No matter how old they get.
    I head out to lesson with Pro, preping for Desert Classic.
    Feeling pretty yucky, can't figure it out. ugh.
    Run into another DF-er (I know your lurking, you still owe me your e-mail address since I lost it).
    Converse with other student while Pro runs a 10 minute errand,,which we all know will be at least 20 minutes.
    Double lesson takes place,,,and I swear that I have just finished a marathon complete with soaked workout clothing.
    Home, view new ATV which is "new" used. Very nice.
    THANKFULLY, no one askes me about dinner and I head straight to the pool to float, in complete silence...which is....golden! aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my back says as I float.
    Debra likes this.
  3. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

drive to phx leaving at 9 am
    3hrs of smooth with pro

go to wcs comp watch three finals
    dinner
    go back to wcs comp and dance two more hrs socially

get home at midnight

BIG FUN!!
    j_alexandra likes this.
  4. fascination

sun...prep for trainings coming up, tan, cut dh's hair, laundry, jillion other things

mon...teach two classes, lessons, bed immanent
  5. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Yesterday:

Lesson, the first in ages; some up, some down, then a crash and burn; JA does not do heat well, and a week of heat wave has sapped my energy big time and it shows
    To House of X, do a bit of business
    Home; nap; getting up from nap is scary hard, like my legs have forgotten what it means to stand up
    Group class; my feet are so swollen I can't get them into my shoes, but I keep struggling for 15 minutes; as soon as I get them on and stand up on them, I almost fall over; give up and go get my jazz shoes, so I can at least manage part of the class; birthday celebrations at end of class, nice
    Pick up a salad and go home; sit on porch, make phone calls, eat salad
    Z

it occurs to me that most of this post would go nicely in the Whining Thread; my bad
  6. fascination

did I do monday?....lessons...uM... an issue I think of focusing on the positive...with mixed results on all parts...his and mine...doing VA...wish I could do sarasota and a local event, but I can't...financially and schedule -wise ...I think I am learning things, but the musicality and joy of previous weeks seemed to have drifted off...seems like when we have a comp coming, much of the dancing together part fades....
    tues, clearly not the day for lessons... but ideal isn't a luxury I have...guess it best to say we tolerated one another...hopefully, next week will be better...taught two classes after that...have to work every day until I travel for a comp then he is competing elsewhere without me b/c of my schedule...lots of missed lesson time before usdc...but it can't be helped...not cavalier about it, but can't do a blooming thing about it...completely exhausted...hope it looks better tomo...looking forward to seeing buddies in DC
  7. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Loving the broke uni student life...no-one searches bags on pubcrawls.
  8. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Yesterday, A very short yoga/stretch session before a double lesson coaching.
    Head out to coaching.
    Coach looks at me,,,has known me for a least 3 years,,,,and askes "where did you get so much darker? are you tannng for Desert Classic?"
    uhhhh. Blank Stare back at coach.
    Response, "nope, not tanning, this is my skin when I'm not locked up in an office all day long and I'm able to be outside, the advantage of retirement as well as parent heritage"
    "This is quite natural for me"..
    Coach sighs,,,,I laugh...now can we get started?
    DH heads off to hopefully last Doctor Appt for heart...comes back smiling...although he will always have a Cardio Appt every so many months from now on. He's so much more relaxed...gotta love it.
    Pack for Palm Desert Classic . Why am I not excited about this? All I realize I can think about, is travelling not so much dancing
    Pick up GS who is now talking about flying on the jet with me to Texas. It will, more than likely, be his only trip - as he informs me that his Texas cousins like coming out here to California because it's not so hot in the summer. I totally agree with him.
    Step Dad calls....this and that chatting.
    Pool time - lots of swimming, GS shows off his underwater handstand and other new pool tricks. hmmmmmmmmm.
    GS reminds DH and I that we promised him a LeggoLand trip this summer. uhhhhh, I NEVER said anything like that at all...so I know exactly where THAT came from.
    I love Carlsbad,,,,might make that trip into a 2 day-er or 3. hmmm hmmmm hmmmmm
  9. fascination

wed...teach two classes, stone gowns and jewelry repairs, tan, highlight hair, prep for training...dunno what else but busy full day

thurs...teach and spend day training after which continued pre-comp prep
  10. j_alexandra

Tuesday:

Wake miserable, achy, etc and hot; nearly don't go to gyro b/c I'm a whiny cranky bitch and have no energy; go to gyro and leave happy, calm, energized, and nothing hurts -- I love gyro; have brought my gyro teacher the last piece of chocolate blackout cake (this turns out to be important)
    Lesson, tango, and Something Happens and things are beyond stellar
    Accountant arrives; oy; an opportunity to go to lunch somewhere air-conditioned, and she opts to sit on the porch and eat leftovers from the party? whatev
    To winebar to hang out with DB#4; DB#1 shows up, too, and my Blond German Friend is bartending, so it's like a micro mini party
    Home; Z
  11. j_alexandra

Wednesday:

Lesson, in which more stellar stuff happens and OMG can this please last? forever?
    Get phone call from gyro teacher, commissioning me to make a cake! Baking For Dollars! Woo hoo!
    Take self to dinner someplace air conditioned and quiet and all by myself; have been spending lots of time with other people and need a privacy break
    Home; temperature has dropped enough outside to make quality sleep possible, color me happy
  12. j_alexandra

Thursday:

Lesson, not as stellar, inevitably, but still useful
    Most of the rest of the day is a blur but am grateful for lower temperatures
  13. j_alexandra

And now we're up to yesterday, during which I did a thousand things and nothing, then went social dancing. Didn't die of it. Win.
  14. fascination

fri...teach bike and bench, spend rest day working on training, spend rest of evening prepping for comp aside from time spent cooking dinner for dh and playing "big bang theory" board game...sleep fitfully as first training is tomo and sun., and first time is always unknown...stress level is elevated
  15. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Get to the base early, because my first meeting starts at O-Dark-Thirty. When meeting finishes, drive to Cheyenne Mountain ("Shall we play a game?" for those of us old enough to remember that movie) for a retirement ceremony. Ceremony is outside of the mountain, which is great because we all have a splendid view of the city down below, but bad because it's 95 degrees and we're in full uniform. I am kicking myself because I didn't bring a clean uniform to change into, but it ends up I wouldn't have had the time to change anyway. Don't stay for the receiving line and reception because I'm running late.

Drive like crazy back to base because I'm late for a meeting with a 3-star. When I finally get to the 3-star's office, my exec is standing there apologizing for me. Sorry, Exec! (what a thankless job...) After that meeting ends, I have back-to-back meetings until time to go home. Needed to write two position papers today, but that will have to get done this weekend, because I'm running late.

Drive like crazy home when I jump in the shower for a quick rinse, dress in my sparkly Western wear (can't wear just plain Western clothes, now can I? No, rhinestones everywhere!) and rush to the rodeo. It's military appreciation night at the rodeo and I need to make small talk with the local politicos at the pre-rodeo reception. Leave rodeo before it even starts because I'm running late.

Drive like crazy to party for this morning's retiree. Get there and it's apparent that festivities have been going for a while. Chat with a few folks but don't stay long because generals tend to erase the fun factor at the parties of the lower ranking folks. Drive home.

Realize that I haven't eaten anything since breakfast 15 hours ago, but am too hungry to find something I really want to eat (how can that be?) Make popcorn and margarita. Nearly fall asleep in my bowl of popcorn. Finally, bed.
  16. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Yesterday:

Dragged my sore and exhausted self out of bed, mostly on time, and into the office. Caught up on about a bazillion e-mails, 3 bilats with three of my managers, then a call with my counterpart in another area on a file where we need to recommend a course of action, and none are the obvious solution - and has the potential to become a really high profile and embarrassing thing... rush out to a luncheon (running late) to honour a military member who's retiring. Miss most of the food (and speeches), but open bar! Restrain myself to two drinks, but as I haven't really had any food, am tipsy (at 2:30 in the afternoon. Go me!).

Head home, as there's no sense in going back to work. Grab snack and short NAP, alarm wakes me up and I'm completely groggy and disoriented. Repeat morning process of dragging my sore and exhausted self up, but off the couch this time.

Drive to studio, lesson time. V. quiet at the studio, meaning lots of room to work. Lesson not completely terrible - foxtrot technique, and a brand-new QS routine, as apparently I've gotten too good at the one I had and we needed to make it harder... as in, there are at least 5 figures in there now that I don't know yet. Thank goodness we just marked it a couple of times and didn't try it full out... may have killed me given the level of complaining coming from my feet and leg muscles. Actually looking forward the imposed rest coming this weekend, as pros are headed out of town and studio is closed until Monday. Note to self, skipping my weekly dance-free day is not a good idea, no matter how good I may feel at the time. It's a loooong stretch until the next rest day!

Rush home, drop dance bag, meet friend, and head out to a music festival. Bad for me food, warm summer night and awesome concert! Loud, and tons of people, and just an amazing show. Home around 11:45, quick snack, then bed.

Super full day, but packed lots of work and some fun in there!
  17. fascination

wow ladies, seems like two very full lives
  18. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Active Member

Amazing dance class! It was not the only thing I did all day, but it definitely put a smile on my face for the rest of the day.
  19. fascination

sat...train instructors all day, home exhausted, still take a walk with dh, chat a bit with a buddy as I garden....that is about all
  20. j_alexandra

Saturday:

Plan: meet a friend from high school for brekkie so I can give her my old turntable, which I found in the storage unit
    Actual: go to storage unit to get turntable; call friend and tell her I'll be late; go home and get keys to storage unit; go back to storage unit; pick up turntable and meet friend; discover that in the 30 years we haven't seen each other, we've grown more alike, rather than more different; brekkie is a blast
    Home to pick up father b/c we have a theater matinee; turns out, matinee is at 3 rather than 2, so I have an extra hour
    Use hour to have heart-to-heart with DB#1 about some things that have been on my mind; this will probably come back to bite me in the knat later, but was necessary
    Theater, Forever Tango; Act 1: father falls in love, I fall asleep; then Max and Karina hit the stage; Act 2: back to sleep; I don't "get" Argentine tango, but father is enchanted; we go home and he gets sucked into YouTube videos; I find it amusing that he is spending time on YT looking at dance videos; welcome to my world
    Get ready to go to bbq
    Call friend who's hosting bbq and crap out; I am exhausted, don't know why
    Din (leftovers)
    Call a friend, who straightens my head out
    Z
    samina likes this.