yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Congrats, CCM -- both are sizable accomplishments at that comp!

*ouch* Wishing her a speedy recovery...

Romantic...:p

Glad to hear things worked out so well with your DH's work and that the closed-door-open-window principle was operational.
    ChaChaMama likes this.
  2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

let's see;

sunday- son continues to visit and we continue to play catch up on a number of tasks...really good to see my boy
    monday-chained to work all morning but it is mostly all good...home by two, no food yet...fall asleep...housework, cookfor dh...asleep early
    tues...today...run a bunch or errands, teach spin, deal with some local dance transitions...probably going to be in bed early again
  3. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Monday:
    Wake up to NO POWER due to huge end of the world like storm the day before.

Deliver Child to first day of dance intensive. Guest instructors of the day are Jaimie Goodwin and Alex Wong, both of whom were on SYTYCD.

Run up to studio at lunch to check on Child.

Power goes back on. Husband and I throw out perishable contents from refrig.

Work on 20th C Brit Lit syllabus and course policies and on straightening up office.

Get a few items grocery store.

6th grade math review: multi-digit multiplication and long-division. We do the problems as a whole family, with me, Child, and husband taking turns walking each other through the problems. I decided that if I think it is important for Child to do math in the summer, it is important for all of us to model our commitment.
  4. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Tuesday - Staff Retreat at Watkins Glen State Park, followed by hiking the entire park. Then dj'd/danced with bed by around 3:00am. A busy good day.
  5. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Nice! I could use a nice hike too. It really is good for the mind.
  6. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Tuesday:
    Child to second day of dance intensive. Guest instructors: Tiffany Maher and Thomas Ford.
    Round trip because Child forgot her dance bag was in her dad's car (he drove her home) and the third class is tap, which I believe is less fun without tap shoes. I would like it noted for the record that I am a nice mom.
    12--Convo with financial planner.

1ish--First Year Team meeting. (I was a little late due to convo w/financial planner.)

3--Meeting with someone from math department.

4--Rush home to pick up Husband.

4:30--Back to dance camp...which apparently let out early, so Child is one of the last 10 kids there out of 100ish.

5--To dinner at Child's friends' family's house. They had bean burritos because of Child being veg, which was very nice. They are preparing to move to Fort Lauderdale, FL, which is sad for Child since the two daughters are among her five BFFs.

8--Home so Child can video chat with yet another one of her BFFs. This one is in Connecticut for a month. (Divorced parent situation--Connecticut is where dad lives.) She and this BFF are trying to talk pretty much every night.
  7. fascination

wed; taught three classes, have no recollection of what else happened...my trainee taught part of both and I feel good about how that is going

thurs; teach a class and have the first truly enjoyable time that I have had with my dad in a long while in spite of his new wife's debasing comments towards him, which he is actually seeming to now notice and be rankled by...the fog is lifting (a tad late, but good to see it)

fri; teach two classes, have lunch with a bestie, head off to the counseling job where I discover that what was described to me as a very strange dynamic was easily explained once placed in the context of the presence of a child with special needs, and much goodness and grace followed

saturday; wake when I feel like it, thankyouverymuch....putz around, dh goes for a jog and I FINALLY get in a good practice...we then run to the farm market and grocery...clean out fridge, do laundry, continue another round of gown care and re-furbishing...I take great pride in the up keep of my gowns...washing them as often as I do, it is no small task....I washed the one with feathers for the first time...scared the hell out of myself until the feathers started fluffing back up with the blow dryer...dh invited a fellow water board co-worker over for a meeting sunday, so (thanks buddy) I had to do the dishes, mop and vacuum a good portion of the upper level and clean two of the bathrooms...which got my allergies going but iit s always nice to have the place clean...we watch big bang theory and are in bed shortly after 10
  8. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Took more than a few seconds there to get past..."huh? fasc is into water-boarding, now?":p
    j_alexandra, Purr and dancelvr like this.
  9. fascination

lol..yep, no...he is on the town's WATER BOARD.....used to be a civil engineer focusing on water systems, so it is a natural fit
    j_alexandra likes this.
  10. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Yah, I figured in the end it was something like that, lolz.
  11. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

I had the same wide-eyed reaction. Had to read the post three times to get the meaning right!
    Purr and samina like this.
  12. fascination

glad I could add some excitement :)...and glad a few people are actually reading
    Purr and samina like this.
  13. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Way toooooo much to even begin to share.
    So, let's just focus on yesterday...
    the big news.
    received package from New Jersey, a bundle of pictures that were unknown to exist and geneology research.
    from the daughter of the man who helped me find my ancestors - and who was also my aunts companion for 25 years.
    He passed 6 months ago and the daughter found all this hobby/passionate stuff in bags as she started going through it....and she reached out to me based on a paperprinted e-mail her father and I shared.
    We've stuck GOLD! I tell ya'
    I now have a 1880 Cab Card photo, the only known one, of my great grandfather, pics of my great grandmother, other victorian era pics of ancestors directly realted to me and several cousins...
    research web sites on Cab Card photos to determine year specific, as well as the clothing worn.
    Also received a Civil War Tin Type...union soldiers - one is my great grandfather x2
    Who do you think you are? WOWWWWWW
    Sania likes this.
  14. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Aiya! Highlights late July-Aug 1, b/c I've been YA slacking AGAIN:

Family party, catered by me; catering offers me the chance to be at the party without actually having to engage with people, which works for me; much stress in this family; and then: cousin's 17year old son and his gf ask me to teach them some rumba in the kitchen; they fall in love with dancing and go home inspired to learn more
    Meeting with Ex and his accountant to resolve some financial issues; this devolves into a liquescent horror of emotional stabbing and ignorant assertions, threats of court, etc through which I sit and hold my ground; then it devolves further into the decision to dissolve the business at long last, and I yet again stand my ground; X isn't used to me saying no, things are not pretty for a while
    No lessons this week, so no happy pill, boo hiss
    Van owned by the business needs to be inspected and fails; TDNWMH
    Go to my former gym and get a week's pass; am still wondering if I'd actually go, if I were a member again; I have until tomorrow night to figure it out; while at gym one day, have a nice practice session with one of Teach's other students, who is totally flummoxed by spiral turns, so we spend an hour going back and forth across the aerobics room floor, doing spiral turns; I enjoy this in a sick dance-geeky kind of way
    Dinner with a friend; this is a meal for the record books in the "utterly awful" category, and I am still dealing with lingering guilt and shame for having put her through this; honest, this place used to have good food, but she took the bulk of her meal home to give to the dog... TDNWMH
    samina likes this.
  15. j_alexandra

Friday:
    To Chinatown with Taiwan Cousin, for dim sum; he is pleased to approve, and then we walk to Little Italy for pastry
    Home; crash for a couple of hours, then
    To Blues Dance classes and dancing; classes start at 5:30, DB#1 and #4 and I take classes, then have dinner, then head out to the dance, which we leave around midnight; holy cow, I love me some blues dancing
  16. j_alexandra

Saturday:

Crash and burn big time until time for
    Theater; a new musical called First Date, is charming and forgettable
    Home, Z
  17. j_alexandra

Yesterday:

Arrive at house of X to load van, then drive to show in Hartford, CT
    Consign 35 items to auctioneer
    See a few former colleagues, three of whom I'm actually pleased to see
    Ravenous; stop for lunch on the way home
    X is on his best behavior, which means I only wish to push him out of the car half the time, rather than ALL the time
    Home; plans to go back to Blues Dance crash and burn, as do I
    Wake 11pm to sound of loud screaming outside my window; a rabbit is being killed and I can hear the whole thing; deeply distressing
  18. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

19. samina

samina Well-Known Member

I read. :)
    Sania and j_alexandra like this.
  20. j_alexandra

Monday:

Lesson, the first in ages, apparently, I haven't forgotten everything; win
    Errands etc
    Group class, Bolero, sweet!