yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

I had the same wide-eyed reaction. Had to read the post three times to get the meaning right!
    Purr and samina like this.
  2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

glad I could add some excitement :)...and glad a few people are actually reading
    Purr and samina like this.
  3. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Way toooooo much to even begin to share.
    So, let's just focus on yesterday...
    the big news.
    received package from New Jersey, a bundle of pictures that were unknown to exist and geneology research.
    from the daughter of the man who helped me find my ancestors - and who was also my aunts companion for 25 years.
    He passed 6 months ago and the daughter found all this hobby/passionate stuff in bags as she started going through it....and she reached out to me based on a paperprinted e-mail her father and I shared.
    We've stuck GOLD! I tell ya'
    I now have a 1880 Cab Card photo, the only known one, of my great grandfather, pics of my great grandmother, other victorian era pics of ancestors directly realted to me and several cousins...
    research web sites on Cab Card photos to determine year specific, as well as the clothing worn.
    Also received a Civil War Tin Type...union soldiers - one is my great grandfather x2
    Who do you think you are? WOWWWWWW
    Sania likes this.
  4. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Aiya! Highlights late July-Aug 1, b/c I've been YA slacking AGAIN:

Family party, catered by me; catering offers me the chance to be at the party without actually having to engage with people, which works for me; much stress in this family; and then: cousin's 17year old son and his gf ask me to teach them some rumba in the kitchen; they fall in love with dancing and go home inspired to learn more
    Meeting with Ex and his accountant to resolve some financial issues; this devolves into a liquescent horror of emotional stabbing and ignorant assertions, threats of court, etc through which I sit and hold my ground; then it devolves further into the decision to dissolve the business at long last, and I yet again stand my ground; X isn't used to me saying no, things are not pretty for a while
    No lessons this week, so no happy pill, boo hiss
    Van owned by the business needs to be inspected and fails; TDNWMH
    Go to my former gym and get a week's pass; am still wondering if I'd actually go, if I were a member again; I have until tomorrow night to figure it out; while at gym one day, have a nice practice session with one of Teach's other students, who is totally flummoxed by spiral turns, so we spend an hour going back and forth across the aerobics room floor, doing spiral turns; I enjoy this in a sick dance-geeky kind of way
    Dinner with a friend; this is a meal for the record books in the "utterly awful" category, and I am still dealing with lingering guilt and shame for having put her through this; honest, this place used to have good food, but she took the bulk of her meal home to give to the dog... TDNWMH
    samina likes this.
  5. j_alexandra

To Chinatown with Taiwan Cousin, for dim sum; he is pleased to approve, and then we walk to Little Italy for pastry
    Home; crash for a couple of hours, then
    To Blues Dance classes and dancing; classes start at 5:30, DB#1 and #4 and I take classes, then have dinner, then head out to the dance, which we leave around midnight; holy cow, I love me some blues dancing
  6. j_alexandra

Crash and burn big time until time for
    Theater; a new musical called First Date, is charming and forgettable
    Home, Z
  7. j_alexandra

Arrive at house of X to load van, then drive to show in Hartford, CT
    Consign 35 items to auctioneer
    See a few former colleagues, three of whom I'm actually pleased to see
    Ravenous; stop for lunch on the way home
    X is on his best behavior, which means I only wish to push him out of the car half the time, rather than ALL the time
    Home; plans to go back to Blues Dance crash and burn, as do I
    Wake 11pm to sound of loud screaming outside my window; a rabbit is being killed and I can hear the whole thing; deeply distressing
  8. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

Work. Sleep
  9. samina

samina Well-Known Member

I read. :)
    Sania and j_alexandra like this.
  10. j_alexandra

Lesson, the first in ages, apparently, I haven't forgotten everything; win
    Errands etc
    Group class, Bolero, sweet!
  11. j_alexandra

Gyro, yay
    Lesson, equal parts frustration and bliss
    Rolfer, yay
    Dinner with visiting cousin and the rest of the fam
    Stop at winebar to drop off a scale so my Blond German Friend can weigh her suitcase; she's going to Germany to visit her mother, who has stomach cancer and not much time
    Meet a man at winebar who is: local, age-appropriate, smart, funny, cute, a dancer, and engaged; le sigh; however, at least I now know for sure like totally, such things exist
  12. 3wishes

Purchased primer/paint gallon from Home Depot. Painted our Bedroom,,,,Azul Tequila -
    Cancelled GS#2 dance group as I was still putting things away and needed shower.
    Brought GS#2 to house (thank you DH),went swimming and made him dinner.
    DH starts picking on me, afterwards, and it wasn't all. It was mean and quite critical, like an employee evaluation.
    We end up in screaming match and I walk out.
    Thank God, the kids were across the street.
    DH, leaves in car in a huff. Yep, totally normal.
    I take kid-lets home....and as I drive all I can think about is....DARN IT...that Tequila paint...should be the real thing....I could use double shot about now. hmmmm hmmmmm she says.
  13. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

14. j_alexandra

15. 3wishes

up and walk high school track. think about how time has flown withcalifornia grandson. all of 7 and with a big comic side to him!
    Head home where dh is running around the house, organizing, sorting, putting away little things and papers.
    h attempts conversation, all day.
    neighbor ladies come over, neighbor ladies a d i plan attack to capture big ol racoon.
    it is mentioned "he is in the dog house, huh?"
    yep, they love the paint color we r all inspired!
    pizza and cable lrovider to actually set up lap top purchased months ago, and i do not miss cbs channel.
    start search for volunteer orga izations to join, read huck finn!
  16. 3wishes

ying to use this tablet dh got for me do not like keyboard i type
    fast and this misses letters sorry.
  17. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

you will

Big Bang Theory, TheThe Spoiler Alert Segmentation

Two and a Half MenI Scream When I Pee

Two and a Half MenI Scream When I Pee

Big Brother

ElementaryLong Fuse, The

Undercover BossOrkin

Hawaii Five-0Kanalua (Doubt)

Blue BloodsInside Jobs

NCIS: Los AngelesEndgame

60 Minutes

Big Brother

UnforgettableDay of the Jackie

Mentalist, TheBehind the Red Curtain
  18. 3wishes

Well, sigh. I suppose Game of Thrones and White Queen will have to suffice! heh heh heh.
    Yesterday, TWC installation,,of lap/top wireless - computer I've had in box for 5 months.
    He was GREAT! Got rid of all my plugs, wires, stapled the cable to the baseboard, everything is so much CLEANER,,,in the den/child's room.
    TWC guy, says at the end of you want your old computer to be wireless?
    HUH? WHAT? Really? are you serious?
    He changes a few things, works his computer genius and WELLA,,,,now I have my old computer -wireless, and the new Dell wireless. TA. DA! who knew!!!!
    I could leap for joy, now DH will have his own laptop/wi-fi...and will stop having to wait until I'm done...and go. DH is using his tablet ALOT..... sigh.
    More painting, doors, trim,,,working my way to exercise room and also this den/childs room.
    Things are lookin' really good before our long road trip in September.
    Banff and Jasper, finishing with Salt Lake City, Vegas and possibly the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.
  19. j_alexandra

Wednesday last:

Lesson; swoon-a-rama
    Social dancing: shoot me (actually not necessary as I basically didn't dance at all)

Hair day! Cut and color
    Theater; seriously, people produce stuff this bad? eesh

Friday evening; rest of day not worth talking about

To Metropolitan Museum of Art with Blond German Friend; BGF and I sit in the balcony bar, have a couple of cocktails, a couple of small plates, and it only costs the annual budget of Lichtenstein
    Wander the museum and see some magnificent art and also the Fashion Institute exhibit, which is trying to convince me that Punk fashion became couture; I hate it less than I expected
    Then we go to a gorgeous hotel bar and have gorgeous cocktails and there's a small jazz trio playing, and... BGF and I agree that, as much as we like each other, it's time for both of us to find men to date, b/c this was fun but...
    Sania likes this.
  20. j_alexandra

Saturday (again, evening only as the day is a blur)

Social dancing; the former owner of this studio got married in the afternoon, and he and bride are having a small reception at one end of the studio, while the social dancers foxtrot by; this is a banner night for me in terms of being turned down, I've never ever had so many men say no to me when I asked them to dance; one actually just pursed his lips and shook his head; good thing my ego's not too involved with social dancing; also had some splendid fun with some other leaders, so, all in all, a win
    To winebar after, visit with BGF, who works there
    Home late but too energized to sleep