yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

you are a great mother to support the love of such an important person so strongly

Andrew robinson:eek:

oh and your daughter :D kidding imma trekkie from back in the day...even own a tribble:cool:

ChaChaMama likes this.
  2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

what a nice treat for your daughter....

ChaChaMama and Mr 4 styles like this.
  3. fascination

monday; day starts poorly, teach three clsses with little sleep, almost forget my shoes, then road construction costs me one of my 4 lessons...a very expensive 45 minutes of sitting in traffic...am too tired and sore, and haven't eaten enough, so lessons aren't very impressive...go to dinner and cannot eat because I am so tired ....amend to eat leftovers in the middle of the night...but son bums the night with me and eats my dinner..we do have a nice evening (which is good since everything else was an epic fail)....tues; eat small brekkies b/c son wants skyline for lunch...son decides to eat lunch with a friend instead, I eat no lunch...I go to lessons tired, sore and hungry again, and pro is in one of those taskmaster moods and has no time or patience for my tale of woe...it goes badly and I leave a bit early to save myself from a meltdown...drive home trying not to fall asleep...put some calories in and hydrate...teach spin, and teach toning which does not go well because I am basically at muscle failure...yes...I have totally hit the wall...go home and try to sleep but cannot due to muscle tension ...this has got to stop...looking forward to being a total hermit this weekend.....wed; fall asleep after midnight... up at 6:30...teach three classes, eat two ham sandwiches and take a nap...which takes us to the present moment

4. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

wine is in your future ... and sounds well deserved:)

5. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Wow, Fasc. If I ever knew of someone who should treat herself to a full body massage, some adult beverages, and several days of sloth, it's you. I got tired just reading your post!

Purr, j_alexandra and Mr 4 styles like this.
  6. fascination

well...a full body massage is not in the budget, and I am trying to limit the booze calories, but, I am going to spend the entire weekend horizontal .....case closed

ChaChaMama likes this.
  7. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Huntsville. Not that close to Montgomery, alas.

8. Sania

Sania Active Member

Sounds exhausting!

If you find yourself in this scenario in the future (hungry / too tired to eat) Starbucks' smoothies are readily available, quite palatable, and have some actual nutritional value - might be a good bridge back to eating or at least tide you over a little.

9. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Pity. Well, who knows. I promise, if I"m ever in the area, I'll let you know.

10. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I was thinking something along the same lines. Is there anything you can trade off in the budget to get the massage?

11. fascination

I am hoping two days of no physical activity other than practice might be enough...but thanks....

12. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Tuesday and Wednesday:
    Caught up on work e-mail, had a first year team meeting, sent several work e-mails. Realize that I am somehow in charge of too many initiatives at work. How did this happen?

Worked out on Tuesday, trying to make up for Vegas. Woke up Wednesday and weighed in at 130, which is pretty much my ideal weight, so I felt good about that. On a less positive note, my allergies got kicked up in Vegas and have decided to keep going, so I have itchy eyes.

Lots of other little things too: unpacking, waxing appt. Messed up and thought I had a dermatologist appt Tuesday at 2:15 when it was actually 10:15. Oops. Re-scheduled. Finished reading my plane book, The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (actually J.K. Rowling).

P.S. I would like to announce that at the bottom of this page is an advert for a "July Summer Sizzler Sale." That kind of reflects how I feel right now. How can it be August with school about to start? Isn't it still July? ;)

13. fascination

synopsis of past few days; fri= family heads to Paris...I stay home...no lectures please...I'm sick of it...spend some time at the beach with friends and go for a boat ride....sleep 10 hours that night...next day clean house and grocery shop, spend some time helping friends polish their dance moves for their wedding, then head to friends house to sip mojitos on a raft made for 3....sleep 12 hours that night...today; thusfar, some shopping for grandbaby and practice, then cooking a meal for myself...which feels odd...homemade mushrooms, onions and peppers in marinara au gratin, bbq porkchops with roasted julienned carrots, and a mixed berry (peaches, blueberries and cherries) cobbler, also still have the Asian broccoli slaw from last week...what was I thinking?...oh well...won't have to cook for the rest of the week

14. ChaChaMama

You'll hear no lectures from me. You are dancing at USDSC, right? Very understandable to me that you would not want a big trip right now with only about three weeks to go! In general if you don't want to go on an expensive vacation, why not save the money?

I will admit, if your son had done the full two (?) year stint in the Peace Corps and you had any interest in visiting Lesotho and/or South Africa, then yes, I would have (and probably did!) encourage you to face the flying thing, just because getting to see Lesotho through the eyes of someone who has been in country is not an opportunity you will have all that often. Touring Paris, on the other hand, can wait.

15. fascination

and, of the two, that was the area of more interest to me...if I ever decide to deal with it...and yes, I am going to usdc as well as doing the local comp two days prior

16. fascination

17. ChaChaMama

Thursday:
    Putzed around, read.

Friday:
    Allowed myself to be guilt tripped by my Dad into driving up to NJ to visit. They do this whole "We haven't seen you in so long" thing. (We were at the beach with them up until July 18th, and they are taking Naomi on a trip with them from August 24-29, but okay....)

Despite the fact that I was very aware of the guilt trip, though, we had a great time. My parents were very grateful we came, and it does make me happy that Child has such a great relationship with her grandparents. Child swam while we sat by the pool, we ate Chinese hors d'oeuvres, and we ended the evening with a game of Klingon Monopoly.

Saturday:
    A little more time with the grandparents, then drove home so Child could go to a sleepover party. There were some annoying slowdowns on the way home due to road construction, but we made it. I'm not 100% crazy about Child going to sleepover parties at this particular BFF's house, even though I like the friend and have had good convos with the friend's dad. The parents let the kids stay up pretty much all night if they want, which is just not my style. The kids are crabby and tired the next day. Child can be a real pill when she is that tired. She has in the past insisted on going to sleep in another room around midnight when the other kids stay up until 4 AM, etc, because she knows I disapprove...but still, not nearly enough sleep. Don't get me wrong: I am grateful that Child has BFFs who LOVE her and whom she loves. That part is great. I'm glad she gets invited to parties. I just have a different standard of what counts as "reasonable."

I believe parents need to be parents, and that some things, like brushing your teeth, baths, bedtime, and reasonable behavior in public spaces need to be parental mandates when a kid is 10. A little flexibility for a sleepover party, fine, but they aren't college kids and I don't think they need a social all-nighter! Rant over.

Husband and I took advantage of our child-free evening and saw the movie "Elysium." I thought it was pretty good!

18. fascination

mon///teach three classes 8=11...eat, feed animals, pack and leave for lessons....drivedrivedrive...lessons...an improvement from last week...tequila and half of dinner sleep immanant

19. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

went to an appointment for a new clinical trial I'm doing (gotta fund this new dress somehow;)), went to work, then bikram yoga. Back home to my new apartment for a much needed shower then off to my parents for a dinner since I haven't done any grocery shopping since I"ve moved. Spent the evening working on my budget (gotta figure out how to save for medical school and a new standard dress), lurking on DF, figuring out when I'm going to take the MCAT prep course and converting my lesson videos to a format usable on my nexus.

20. ChaChaMama

Sunday:
    Slept in a bit b/c Child not home.
    Read a lot of Kate Atkinson's Life After Life.

Monday:
    8:45-12:30--At work. Program for faculty mentors and mentees. I have been assigned someone from the French Department who was a visiting assistant professor here last year and is now tenure-track.
    12:30-1--Caught the tail end of the living-learning community peer mentor/resident assistant lunch. (Yes, I am already double booked for things and the school year hasn't even started. Hopefully not a sign of things to come, though I suspect it is.)

1-2:30ish--Worked on a syllabus in my office. A student dropped by. Also got an e-mail back from the chair of the Math Department. I'm taking the initiative on what I hope will be a major change in an area that has historically been resistant to change. I think the time and personnel may be right...but we shall see. Dicey political waters ahead, but this matters to me and will improve life for our students if I succeed. So we'll see.

Home. Read and relaxed, surfed the web. Did math with Child.

8 miles on treadmill. I'm reading Lawrence Wright's Going Clear as a treadmill book.