yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

my husband would be in heaven....

2. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Yeah, well, Navy guys still need a runway. Unlike Army pilots. :D

3. cornutt

I had a chance to speak briefly to Alan Shepherd about a year before he died. I got to ask him a few questions about Moon colonization. It was interesting. He was all for it, and he thought that a moon colony could become self-sustaining fairly quickly. He said the main worry would be dealing with the health effects of extended living under the Moon's low gravity.

The interstate highway here is named after him.

4. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Saw Glendale, California for the first time yesterday and walked around the mall in the middle. Really thought it was an awesome place. Will have to go again sometime.

5. fascination

sunday...had a horrible day...in truth this is my favorite time of the year, but the past month has been full of difficulties and disappointments on every front(occupationally, extended family, friends and dance)...so yesterday I was flat out depressed....I navigated it...took my vitamins, practiced a bit, had a nap, got productive, started to feel better, cooked a meal for dh who was returning from Germany...he walked in the house with the flu....and that about sums it all up

6. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

THURSDAY:
    -Grading.
    -6 miles on treadmill.
    -Went with GLC (my first year seminar class) and Child to see George Bernard Shaw's "Pygmalion" at the college. It was very good but a little longer than I had anticipated, so Child had a late night of it. Shakespeare and Shaw in one week; we are quite the theater-going family!

My BFF called that night, but I couldn't talk for long b/c had to put Child to bed.

FRIDAY:
    9:10--ENG 1101.
    10:20--GLC. Last day of _The Handmaid's Tale_.
    Lunch and prep break.
    12:40--20th C Brit Lit. Last day of _Women in Love_.
    Grading.

SATURDAY:
    9:45--Parents Weekend event. Not a great turnout.
    Prep for Child's birthday party.
    8 miles on treadmill.
    Cleaning up house.
    Grocery store.
    Baked Child's birthday cake.

SUNDAY:
    Decorated cake.
    Made dinner for that night ahead of time, lemon chicken and potatoes, one of my stand by menus. (Also wound up making Child's bean salad, so carnivores and vegetarians could be happy.)
    To Michaels to get craft supplies for party.

12-3--CHILD'S BIRTHDAY PARTY! Pizza, bounce house, craft, running around playing sardines, cake.

4--Neighborhood homeowners meeting. I wish it had been a little shorter since parents were visiting for Child's birthday, but it is what it is, and my parents do know how to entertain themselves.

Dinner.

Dad asked for help with tv remote so he could watch football and I had to admit I had no idea how it works. I called Husband down, but I actually made myself learn tonight. My Dad was kind of stunned that I didn't know. "You NEVER watch tv?" It's pretty much true: I never watch tv alone. (I'll watch Star Trek or a movie with the family, but then someone else can turn on the tv!) If I'm alone, I read, surf the web, workout, or write in my diary.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  7. fascination

ccm...fwiw...other than news and big bang, I don't have a clue about tv

monday...teach step, meet with boss (I like him so much), home to feed animals, kiss poor sick dh whom I should be home caring for , but if I miss another week of lessons I am pretty sure my pro is going to kick me to the curb as I am going to be gone the next two weeks...lessons are ...well...I don't know...I guess I am crawling out of a hole and he is ...ambivilent?...anyhow, do feel that the technique/hazing from last week, may actually be helping....and I am grateful to him for that...margarita...too tired to eat...bed soon

8. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Always helps :)

9. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

NICE Nurdrms!
    Well, a few yesterdays,,,went out social dancing for the first time in almost a year! WOWEEE, Danced my...well...you know....OFF. Felt sweat dripping down back. EMBRACED that, since I haven't truly worked out in months and months.
    Came home, DH still up, go to sleep....
    WAKE UP to DH, at 1:30 a.m. sitting on side of bed, barely able to breath (he's had a cold for a week), and saying "this isn't good, I'm dizzy and lightheaded ALOT - help me"..
    ok, let's just say...he's NEVER EVER SAID "help me" EVER. Grab phone 9-1-1 on speed dial....finger posed over button. DH tries to walk, looks like drunken sailor....Grab blood pressure cuff...uhhhh...wait, what? 52 over 16? WHAT?! Quickly question him. He took a medication he has taken in almost a year, along with his heart medicine....look up side affects...DRAT IT ALL - both are beta blockers that drop blood pressure. This will be a long next few hours of watching him. He goes back to sleep...
    Stupors around house on Sunday stays in Chair most of day,,,BIL, ds, DGS are over....DH relates what he did...and in unison..."we thought you were smarter than that!"
    Make appts, drag DH to GP, Cardiologist, etc etc,,,,bring bottle of his medication....and of course the question is - obvious. Change of prescriptions by doctors. GS is intent on delighting me and making DH "all better". I have a few choice words with DH when he's all together last night.
    Best Friend comes over and we catch up on her retirement and the Solar Car Race that she judged - from Dallas to the Los Angeles in July. WOW.
    THAT was fun.
    Trainer calls, reconfirms that my first free weight workout is in the morning at 8 .am. ohhhhhh, this is gonna hurt. but it's good right? ouchie.
    I always dread starting over....on these things as the muscles scream at me....for days on end until I get use to it again.
    Watch DODGERS - we actually had tickets given to us for a behind the plate seat(s)...and couldn't go, for the very obvious sick-husband reason.
    DARN IT...but that home run that won the game. was.....BEAUTIFUL! GO DODGER BLUE!

10. fascination

tuesday...dreadful...lessons only served to confirm that no one wanted to be there and that I lack talent...which leaves me ...not sure about what to do next...situation compounded by a text from former boss now co-worker who is a friend of 20 years who has decided I am a traitor b/c I haven't helped her sabotage the new boss...so...she was fired yesterday and texted me a nastygram about how she hopes I am happy....large quantities of pain involved which I don't even have time to deal with b/c I get an emergency call from current boss about needing me to sub a class that starts about 15 minutes before I can get home..followed by the class I have to teach after that...did I mention I have just had 4 lessons back to back?...so, on the verge of tears and extreme fatigue, I have to face a firing squad of questions from members about my friend's firing...which I am not allowed to answer...while being awesome and enthusiatic...I haven't eaten since 10:30...why am I still fat?....I go home and make dh order pizza...that's why...I fail to pack for oregon...so have to get up at 5am today to pack so I can teach three classes this am then drive to Lincoln...oh...and I broke a tooth...flossing...perfect

11. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

12. fascination

aw...cute emoticon

13. cornutt

Holy crap. Huge hugs to you.

14. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Dang, Fasc....huge hugs!

15. fascination

thanks guys...it passed and I know there are worse stuggles....but it sucked all the same

16. 3wishes

sigh. prayer. rest. grandson.

j_alexandra and fascination like this.
  17. 3wishes

Slew of doctor calls, appts, DH - course correction. One med discarded (THANK YOU!), replaced with less intrusive med, Cardio Doc - nope, all is fine, he went off course due to Altitude in Canada that you were in. OHHHHH. DRAT, this could change ski season for me.
    DHs-brother, texting, instructing me to get him off his....well...you know.
    DHs- brother decides it's time for a eyeball to eyeball visit brother to brother,,,,hmmmmm.
    Daughter calls - nice funny chat, weird how her Sliding MiniVan door slides open all on it's own even after getting fixed,,,several times at dealership. And very scarey when kids are in car.
    Dad calls - six procedures to his shoulder scheduled...ahhhh?! sigh. ok then.
    Deal with my arm and a not so nice reaction to the pneumonia vaccine that causes pain, swelling and I'm lit up like a torch! very uncomfortable.
    Motor around house and try not to strain arm.
    DH and I - look outside and really enjoy the rainstorm. We need it.
    Quiet night. While arm looks like I have a bright bulls eye on the BiCep Muscle...OUCHIE...good thing this lasts 5 years.

18. ChaChaMama

Hugs, Fascination.
    I think we've all had days where one crummy thing just gets piled onto another. Sorry yours was so sucktastic. Is the tooth painful? You can definitely see an emergency dentist when out of town. I had to do this once quite a few years ago while visiting my husband's granddad at a resort in Arizona. (Wisdom tooth related; I'll spare you the details.) The dentist even comped me, much to my shock, saying "From one professional to another."

RE: The bad lesson day.
    Several years ago, I had a lesson so bad that I cried in the car afterwards...and I am generally someone who knows how to take criticism. But this day I couldn't do anything right, messed up again and again, and I was disappointing him. I giggled nervously after yet another mistake and he responded harshly "This isn't all fun and games!" And this was a lesson RIGHT before a comp.
    I decided to compartmentalize that day. Neither of us were at our best. It happens.
    Maybe when you come back from visiting The Cutest One, you will be able to hit refresh. :)
    And you obviously do have talent! Hel-lo, look at your results over the years! I wish my arm lines had the kind of finish yours do. Something for me to work on!

RE: Weight.
    I think we women are our own worst judges on this. Being in the dance world compounds it, because we see a lot of ultra-skinny people, so we think "Wow, I am fat," while our friends and colleagues in our other spheres of life think "Wait, why are you turning down cake in the middle of the day on a Tuesday? You're a skinny biotch."
    That said, if you feel like you would feel better if you dropped a few pounds, I like WW.

19. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Oh dear. Hope things are going better now.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2013
  20. ChaChaMama

MONDAY:
    Somehow, my clock had re-set itself and was off by almost 11 hours. So I originally thought my alarm hadn't gone because the clock said 7 PM and the just-in-case alarm was set for 7 AM. Turns out it was more like 7:40 AM! Yikes, yikes, yikes! Manage to get us out of the house with lunches made on time, but only had a banana for breakfast. (That is very unlike me.)

8:20--Drop off.

9, 9:20, 9:40--ENG 1101 appts.

10:20--GLC. Fight Club.

Lunch break, grading.

12:40--20th C BRIT LIT. "The Waste Land."

2, 2:20, 2:40, 3, 3:20, 3:40--ENG 1101 appts. Get stood up twice.

Home. Fast transition. Off to dance.

5:15-6:15--Child's performance team rehearsal. I grade stuff. I also learn that Child is expected to wear earrings, and that the expectation is that most girls have pierced ears, but there are some clip ons. Oh, and we are expected to order make-up because all the girls will be wearing the same color palette. Some of the A-A moms have some questions about this, and I totally see where they are coming from.

Home. Eat. Decompress. Grade. Bed.