yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

TUESDAY:
    9, 9:20, 9:40--ENG 1101 appts.

10-11:30--Grade and deal with email.

11:30-1--ENG Dept meeting.

Unfortunately, no Nik lesson this week. He is in California with his partner all week, and I have...

1-2:30--First year team meeting.
    The worst part of this is all of the sudden, we seem to be going back to having a ton of meetings. How am I going to make progress with my dancing if this First Year Team stuff starts hogging up all my Tuesdays? My teacher is bi-coastal now, so is only available M-W in a typical week. I also get a fairly lengthy to do list out of this meeting.
    On the plus side, one member of the team gives me credit for my rather aggressive approach to a problem that faces us. She said "That's a good thing." Made me feel good.

2:30-3--Talk outside with three students. Beautiful day.

Back to office and get a few things done.

Home. Search for Child's ballet notebook. Husband finds it and I tell him he gets a prize. He says "Oh good!" and looks at me meaningfully and rather inappropriately. Luckily, this sails over Child's head.

6:30--To studio.
    7-8:15--Child's ballet. Write in diary a bit.

Home. Put Child to bed, then self.

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

thanks guys

3. kckc

kckc Active Member

omg, I just got that vaccine yesterday and I can barely move my arm today without pain! Just my shirt touching it hurts. And it itches. Though the nurse said it would be sore. So I guess it isn't a reaction but quite normal. I don't much like it.

4. fascination

3w...that altitude thing....my dh has had some major scares with that as well...glad everything is okay

5. fascination

rest of wed (after 3 fitness classes and breaking tooth and doging bullets as work)...drive from indiana to Lincoln NE...margaritas

thurs...Lincoln NE to Evanston WY....hotel from hell...

6. Sania

Sania Active Member

So sorry!

7. ChaChaMama

WEDNESDAY:
    8:20--Dropped Child off at school.

9, 9:20, 9:40--ENG 1101 appts.

10:20--GLC. Discussed Fight Club.

Lunch break and prep.

12:40--20th C BRIT LIT. "The Waste Land."

1:45, 2:05, 2:25--ENG 1101 appts.

2:45--Leave
    3--Pick up Child.
    3:30--Get ready
    4--To dance studio.
    4:30-9--Child dances.

Home to work out, but see letter from work in mailbox. This should be it: the raise letter. And...got a raise! I will make over 80K for the first time.
    Also got my quarterly retirement statements, and pleased with how that is going too...I think.

8.5 miles on treadmill. Shower.

Back up to dance studio. Figure out class participation grades. Peek in at Child, who is learning what seems like a rather hard tap combo.

Home. Put Child to bed.

8. ChaChaMama

THURSDAY:
    Thursdays are my day off, but I've spent a lot of them recently grading like a maniac. Today, I took a true "recharge the batteries" day.

-Wrote in my diary.
    -Spent some time with the husband.
    -Took an afternoon nap under the electric blanket.
    -Took a hot bath.
    -Read Rick Riordan's House of Hades with Child.

It was a cold, rainy day and it was great to snuggle up at home and not worry about much.

9. fascination

Fri..drive from Wyoming to Oregon..still fielding calls about unpleasant things I would rather leave behind for a week...think I finally got that point across...stopped in Hood River..disappointing service and fish tacos for dinner, but excellent drink...will pick son up at the airport late tomo...haven't yet decided how to use the rest of the day...will see cutest baby sunday through friday

10. fascination

sat...wake...long talk with buddy...bad hotel breakfast...elliptical for 20 minutes, bike for 20 minutes, swim for 20 minutes...jacuzzi for 5 minutes b/c annoying children are around...buy a few toiletries and go to gas station...get news that son's flight has been delayed which will cause a missed connecting flight and so he will likely not be in til sunday....arrive at hotel where we will be for rest of week but they are not ready for me...so I go to apply tequila on it....happily hear that son has managed to get an early flight tomo...and that I have clearance to visit cutest baby at the crack of dawn without him and he will take a shuttle out to meet me....color me ecstatic....tomorrow cannot come soon enough....tucked in now watching big bang theory

3wishes and Sania like this.
  11. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Dealt with my blown left shoulder/bicep where the FREAKIN VACCINE was given. Itched like mad,,,applied lotion, ice, had horrible fever-chills-shakes, DH took one look at me and told me I could be a human torch. GEEZZZ LOuise,,,,I've never had a reaction to any vaccine.
    I am 7 days now since vaccine,,,and I still have a huge lump in shoulder/bicep, a brilliant red circle makes me look like a horse kicked me, but the itch is going away....nothing like feeling ill for a week in order to not catch something in the 5 year future. ARGH.
    Started looking at ski gear for Little Man#2. Although Little Man#1 insists that it's snowboarding for him.
    I believe I will win this battle...I'm the grandma...and I'm the instructor...so THERE!!!
    Watched Orange County Dancesport on Live Stream...with ice on my shoulder....texting ballroom sister - in silent cheering! so much better than anything on TV.
    Caught the new episode of The White Queen. And repeats of Big Bang Theory.
    Slowly coming back to life.....took a 2 mile walk for the first time in what seems like eternity.
    Make plans to purchase a cross-use bike (roads and dirt). I loved riding when the kids where little...being in Canada inspired both of us again! HOORAY.
    Start pondering, make a costume for Christmas Showcase? or just go with what I have. hmmm hmmmmm as I drift off to sleep.

12. fascination

what kind of vaccine?....my goodness

13. fascination

sunnday...spend morning recieving hostile texts from ex-boss, hopefully not ex-friend....trying to pull her down off the ceiling
    then............................ALONE time with cutest baby in the world because Delta sucks and my son is delayed...I loved it...I felt badly for him...son arrives and we go to the park....basically 9 hours of manna from heaven...then we go to Trader Joes, eat...and I am out cold by 9 something.....happy as a pig in mud

lol...severe edit b/c clearly I needed more coffee

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
    j_alexandra likes this.
  14. fascination

oh...and WAIT til you people see the pictures...zomg

Sania and 3wishes like this.
  15. 3wishes

It's one thing to have grandchild and adult child in the same "visit" of hours....but it's a WHOLE DIFFERENT THING to have grandchild to yourself without anyone else.....it's called.....HEAVEN. wink.

16. 3wishes

The vaccine was for Pneumonia, it lasts 5 years. I'm exposed to all kinds of weather,,,and children,,,and adults,,,,essentially lots of avenues of germs and touching keyboards, doorknobs, etc etc, get the picture....and
    when the hospital gave DH the vaccine during his heart event (didn't even ask,,,just did it as a matter of course),,,I asked a few questions...
    and GP also endorsed this as well. They apparently do this as a standard nowadays, at least out here in So. Calif., although our Oregon daughter - who works in hospital...said they do it up there too and she told me to get this. WOW,,,took me out for a week. Yet my elderly parents and husband and Texas daughter had no reaction. Just little ol' me Fascination...Just me.

17. kckc

kckc Active Member

guess you didn't see my reply above- I had it too! The pain went away on Day 3 I think...The nurse giving the shots was warning people that this vaccine will hurt more than other vaccines. I didn't think it would be that much though.

18. 3wishes

Oh, right, I did see your reply, however - Fascination had asked what kind of vaccine was this....my quick fingers did not keep time with my brain or I would have referred her to your response as well. THANKS,,,I still have small hard lump in bicep and I'm day 8 after vaccine, good Lord!

19. 3wishes

Left very funny Birthday Card out on Kitchen Table for Dearest Husband - with Best Buy and Barnes and Noble Gift Cards...(really he should just a job there, he visits so often!).
    Go for a 6,000 step walk and challenge.
    Husband and I decide that we need a separate web page away from master web page of the business,,,ok....kinda like laying out a yearbook...tee hee.
    Take DH to a huge huge Halloween warehouse store, where we have a tremendous amount of fun trying on all sorts of ridiculous costumes, funny ones and such, personally I wanted him to be Fred and I would be Wilma...Flintstone....but he discovered the Hippie section and went to town...ahhh, be still my heart...I remember when his own dad threw him out of the house for not cutting his hair. We laugh as DH gets into the Tie Dyed get up...yet this is a time era that he knew so well.
    ok, I end up with clown costume. I would have made the costumes....but our road trip cut into a lot of the prep time. Silly accessories to boot.
    DH nixes my plan for the water squirting flower (come on now, what clown doesn't have one of those!)
    Take DH for Ice Cream, then a ride to find more parks with walking trails.
    Hit up Red Robin for dinner, where husband reads the nutritional information "menu" and nearly faints, good thing he didn't eat any salt infused foods all day.
    Phone call from step dad - 6 procedure shoulder repair surgery...postponed for a month THANK GOD!!! Doctor feels he's doing a lot better and arm is looking better...so wants to wait and see. I'm in agreement on this one.
    Do some more ancestry searching...discover there was a complete set of hand made ivory drafting tools - that belonged to my grandfather (I never knew him he died when my mom was 11 years old)- that the step mother gave away to her nephews to play with (1946-ish). ARRGGHHHH!!!!!
    Also discover, several of us - incuding me- have an canny ability for drafting old school, as in we took the classes in high school and college and had no idea where this ability came from, in talking with cousins last night,,,this we discovered - none of us knew the others were in drafting classes. Thank you maternal grandfather....he's registered in Newark NJ architects historic records. WOW.
    Dear Husband loved his day. We discuss getting his to a point of hiking every day to get outside and start looking a road bikes. Which that will mean, all the grandkids riding with us...much like yester-year when our kids road their bikes with us day in and day out. HEY! anything to keep him moving.
    Watch Dodger game! OH MY glorious grand slam! Purchase tickets to Evita at the Pantages with sister for family day - yes DH is coming along, he's getting out of the anti-social mode! HURRAY!

20. ChaChaMama

@fascination--LOVE seeing the photos of you with The Cutest Baby. Wow. He is a heartbreakingly beautiful child.

I haven't posted in awhile. Some catching up:
    FRIDAY 10/11: Day before break!
    9:10--ENG 1101--Run-on sentence and sentence fragments.

10:20--GLC. Fight Club.

Lunch and prep.

12:40--20th C Brit Lit--Mrs. Dalloway.

Emerge from class and see our Social Media guy, who normally works in a different building sitting in the hall. He was an English major, class of 1999. "V, what brings over to our building?" Then I see who he is talking to. OMG. My favorite advisee from the class of 1999 who was my peer mentor back in 1996!!!!!!!!!

All my resolutions to grade before going home for the weekend going flying out the window and we talk and reminisce for like 2 hours. The Best! It really makes me feel valued when someone comes back to visit like that.

I think maybe Child and I read Rick Riordan's House of Hades for Family Fun Night.