yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Dealt with my blown left shoulder/bicep where the FREAKIN VACCINE was given. Itched like mad,,,applied lotion, ice, had horrible fever-chills-shakes, DH took one look at me and told me I could be a human torch. GEEZZZ LOuise,,,,I've never had a reaction to any vaccine.
    I am 7 days now since vaccine,,,and I still have a huge lump in shoulder/bicep, a brilliant red circle makes me look like a horse kicked me, but the itch is going away....nothing like feeling ill for a week in order to not catch something in the 5 year future. ARGH.
    Started looking at ski gear for Little Man#2. Although Little Man#1 insists that it's snowboarding for him.
    I believe I will win this battle...I'm the grandma...and I'm the instructor...so THERE!!!
    Watched Orange County Dancesport on Live Stream...with ice on my shoulder....texting ballroom sister - in silent cheering! so much better than anything on TV.
    Caught the new episode of The White Queen. And repeats of Big Bang Theory.
    Slowly coming back to life.....took a 2 mile walk for the first time in what seems like eternity.
    Make plans to purchase a cross-use bike (roads and dirt). I loved riding when the kids where little...being in Canada inspired both of us again! HOORAY.
    Start pondering, make a costume for Christmas Showcase? or just go with what I have. hmmm hmmmmm as I drift off to sleep.

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

what kind of vaccine?....my goodness

3. fascination

sunnday...spend morning recieving hostile texts from ex-boss, hopefully not ex-friend....trying to pull her down off the ceiling
    then............................ALONE time with cutest baby in the world because Delta sucks and my son is delayed...I loved it...I felt badly for him...son arrives and we go to the park....basically 9 hours of manna from heaven...then we go to Trader Joes, eat...and I am out cold by 9 something.....happy as a pig in mud

lol...severe edit b/c clearly I needed more coffee

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
    j_alexandra likes this.
  4. fascination

oh...and WAIT til you people see the pictures...zomg

Sania and 3wishes like this.
  5. 3wishes

It's one thing to have grandchild and adult child in the same "visit" of hours....but it's a WHOLE DIFFERENT THING to have grandchild to yourself without anyone else.....it's called.....HEAVEN. wink.

6. 3wishes

The vaccine was for Pneumonia, it lasts 5 years. I'm exposed to all kinds of weather,,,and children,,,and adults,,,,essentially lots of avenues of germs and touching keyboards, doorknobs, etc etc, get the picture....and
    when the hospital gave DH the vaccine during his heart event (didn't even ask,,,just did it as a matter of course),,,I asked a few questions...
    and GP also endorsed this as well. They apparently do this as a standard nowadays, at least out here in So. Calif., although our Oregon daughter - who works in hospital...said they do it up there too and she told me to get this. WOW,,,took me out for a week. Yet my elderly parents and husband and Texas daughter had no reaction. Just little ol' me Fascination...Just me.

7. kckc

kckc Active Member

guess you didn't see my reply above- I had it too! The pain went away on Day 3 I think...The nurse giving the shots was warning people that this vaccine will hurt more than other vaccines. I didn't think it would be that much though.

8. 3wishes

Oh, right, I did see your reply, however - Fascination had asked what kind of vaccine was this....my quick fingers did not keep time with my brain or I would have referred her to your response as well. THANKS,,,I still have small hard lump in bicep and I'm day 8 after vaccine, good Lord!

9. 3wishes

Left very funny Birthday Card out on Kitchen Table for Dearest Husband - with Best Buy and Barnes and Noble Gift Cards...(really he should just a job there, he visits so often!).
    Go for a 6,000 step walk and challenge.
    Husband and I decide that we need a separate web page away from master web page of the business,,,ok....kinda like laying out a yearbook...tee hee.
    Take DH to a huge huge Halloween warehouse store, where we have a tremendous amount of fun trying on all sorts of ridiculous costumes, funny ones and such, personally I wanted him to be Fred and I would be Wilma...Flintstone....but he discovered the Hippie section and went to town...ahhh, be still my heart...I remember when his own dad threw him out of the house for not cutting his hair. We laugh as DH gets into the Tie Dyed get up...yet this is a time era that he knew so well.
    ok, I end up with clown costume. I would have made the costumes....but our road trip cut into a lot of the prep time. Silly accessories to boot.
    DH nixes my plan for the water squirting flower (come on now, what clown doesn't have one of those!)
    Take DH for Ice Cream, then a ride to find more parks with walking trails.
    Hit up Red Robin for dinner, where husband reads the nutritional information "menu" and nearly faints, good thing he didn't eat any salt infused foods all day.
    Phone call from step dad - 6 procedure shoulder repair surgery...postponed for a month THANK GOD!!! Doctor feels he's doing a lot better and arm is looking better...so wants to wait and see. I'm in agreement on this one.
    Do some more ancestry searching...discover there was a complete set of hand made ivory drafting tools - that belonged to my grandfather (I never knew him he died when my mom was 11 years old)- that the step mother gave away to her nephews to play with (1946-ish). ARRGGHHHH!!!!!
    Also discover, several of us - incuding me- have an canny ability for drafting old school, as in we took the classes in high school and college and had no idea where this ability came from, in talking with cousins last night,,,this we discovered - none of us knew the others were in drafting classes. Thank you maternal grandfather....he's registered in Newark NJ architects historic records. WOW.
    Dear Husband loved his day. We discuss getting his to a point of hiking every day to get outside and start looking a road bikes. Which that will mean, all the grandkids riding with us...much like yester-year when our kids road their bikes with us day in and day out. HEY! anything to keep him moving.
    Watch Dodger game! OH MY glorious grand slam! Purchase tickets to Evita at the Pantages with sister for family day - yes DH is coming along, he's getting out of the anti-social mode! HURRAY!

10. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

@fascination--LOVE seeing the photos of you with The Cutest Baby. Wow. He is a heartbreakingly beautiful child.

I haven't posted in awhile. Some catching up:
    FRIDAY 10/11: Day before break!
    9:10--ENG 1101--Run-on sentence and sentence fragments.

10:20--GLC. Fight Club.

Lunch and prep.

12:40--20th C Brit Lit--Mrs. Dalloway.

Emerge from class and see our Social Media guy, who normally works in a different building sitting in the hall. He was an English major, class of 1999. "V, what brings over to our building?" Then I see who he is talking to. OMG. My favorite advisee from the class of 1999 who was my peer mentor back in 1996!!!!!!!!!

All my resolutions to grade before going home for the weekend going flying out the window and we talk and reminisce for like 2 hours. The Best! It really makes me feel valued when someone comes back to visit like that.

I think maybe Child and I read Rick Riordan's House of Hades for Family Fun Night.

11. ChaChaMama

SATURDAY:
    9-11:30--Volunteer shift at Fall Fest at Child's school. I worked a craft table. It was a craft designed so that even pre-schoolers could do it, which is just about my speed. :)

Child worked the yard sale to raise money to build a well in South Sudan. She also pulled $220 from her personal bank account to give toward this fund. My husband told her that we would match what she donated. She told me "You made a good choice of husbands." ME: "Thanks. I'm glad you approve."

Child and I left Fall Fest at 12 so I could get her lunch and take her to dance. I had written to the company director and requested special permission for her to miss 10-11 Hip Hop and 11-12 Jazz/Lyrical so she could work at this fundraising event, as it meant a lot to her. I promised I would deliver her there before rehearsal started.

Child then had:
    1:30-3--Junior PT rehearsal.
    3:15-4:15--Ballet.
    --dinner break--
    5-9--Hip Hop choreography.

I went to Party City to buy stuff for my sister's baby shower. I should not be let free with a credit card in Party City. I pretty much feel compelled to purchase at least one of every item that says "It's a Boy."

2:30ish-4ish--8.32 miles on treadmill. Shower.

Grading.

Up to studio. Get to see new hip-hop routine. Looks like it has serious potential!

12. ChaChaMama

SUNDAY:
    Read with Child.

Sister's baby shower!!!! Also got to see Sister's new house for the first time.
    Sister was feeling some contraction-ish action toward the beginning of the party. (She is not officially due until 11/9, but I think she could very well go early.)

It was a great party, for the most part. Sister acted very appreciative of the decorations, and the kids enjoyed blowing up balloons, putting a slogan on the "personalize it" banner, etc.

I talked Husband into driving both ways so I could keep reading to Child. :)

Grading that night. Yuck. But it had to be done. Midterm grades due Wednesday at noon, which means effectively Tuesday for me since I teach all morning on Wednesday.

13. ChaChaMama

MONDAY:
    Grading.
    Averaging.
    Submit grades for ENG 1101. (Had already done my FYS on Friday night or Saturday morning, so two classes down and one to go.)
    Worked out.

Took Child to PT rehearsal. It was great to hear her say after rehearsal how much she loves the new hip-hop number. :)

Read with Child.

14. ChaChaMama

TUESDAY:
    Cupcakes. Lots of cupcakes. Lots of cupcake decorating.

Got my hair colored. I think the last time I did so I was getting ready to go to Manhattan Dancesport Championships...which are held 4th of July weekend. Oops. A little overdue.

Texted and called dance teacher a bunch of times. Not getting an answer. I drive to Bmore on the hope that we are on.
    Arrive at studio. No luck.
    Leave another message. He gets back to me just before I was about to give up and leave. Yay.
    We just do one lesson. Cha and samba go pretty well, I thought. Rumba rocky at first. Paso rockier still. Jive...um...hilarious mistake in the first figure. But we get that and other things straightened out!

Home, stopping at grocery store to get more food dye for icing and more chocolate chips.

Take Child to ballet.

Home. More cupcake decoration. Omg. Why did I think it was a good idea to try to make 8 dozen cupcakes???

15. fascination

thank you ccm..I must say that aside from a bias I won't deny, I simply do not see how a child could get much cuter...and I have given this some serious thought

16. ChaChaMama

WEDNESDAY:
    Child's birthday!
    9:10--ENG 1101. Select mini-research paper topics.

10:20--GLC. Junot Diaz's This is How You Lose Her. The class LOVES the book! I'm very happy.

Lunch break. Ran home and decorated more cupcakes with Husband, then back to campus.

12:40--20th C Brit. Mrs. Dalloway>

1:45--Office hours. Someone came by to talk about being my peer mentor for Fall 2014. Wow. Already? We also talked about how her classes are going.

Picked up Child. Home. Last of cupcake decoration.

4--Off to the studio with 55 cupcakes!

4:30--Child begins her Wednesday night dance marathon.

I drive back home to attend this amazing on campus event!

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/n...e-dd29-5b8d-9d9b-a6a6e03a643c.html?mode=story

Very proud that 14 out of 15 of my FYS students went to the event and were sitting in the first row that wasn't reserved for special guests. Rock on, amazing kids!!! (I offered them some extra credit, but still...that is a HUGE turn out. Very pleased and proud that they are taking advantage of opportunities like this.)

Then back to pick up Child.

Put her to bed, put myself to bed!

17. fascination

mon/tues/wed/thurs/heaven

ChaChaMama, j_alexandra and Sania like this.
  18. fascination

fri=last day in paradise...poured some tequila on it...on the road by noon today...heart full of love

19. ChaChaMama

THURSDAY:
    -Eyebrow waxing.
    -Went in to the office briefly and sent a detailed (but, as it turns out, fairly futile) message to our new educational librarian.
    -Spent a little time with my in-laws from New Mexico.
    -Wrote in my diary.
    -Auditioned for VagMons.
    -Went to women's volleyball and hung out with my first years. (One woman from the class is on the team.) We won!

FRIDAY:
    Child had the day off school so got to spend extra time with the in-laws.
    9:10--ENG 1101. Library session. Did not go as I had hoped. We have a whole new team of instructional librarians as last year a bunch of people quit. Suffice it to say that I miss the librarian who used to cover my area A LOT.

10:20--GLC. Discussion of Junot Diaz's This Is How You Lose Her. At least two students in the class say that this is "The best book I have read, EVER!" Wow. There is a visiting student, and we are being our typically zany selves. I said "We're not always like this!" and then "Yeah. We kind of are." The whole class roared with laughter.

Spent the lunch break dealing with a parent situation, as the dean for first year students is out of town.

12:40--20th Brit Lit. Aldous Huxley's Brave New World.

1:45, 2:15, 2:50--3 student appointments.

Grocery store.

Home by 5.

Out to dinner at Olive Garden with in-laws around 6. Child was a bit nervous, because the only other time she has ever been to Olive Garden, she ordered cheese ravioli and didn't like it, barely ate a bite until dessert. (I could eat their salad and bread sticks alone and make a meal of it, but she doesn't like bread....) Luckily, this Olive Garden had pizza (Maybe they all do?), so that worked. I had the Venetian apricot chicken from the lighter fare menu and a tiny dolcini dessert...but still managed to make myself feel uncomfortably full. My stomach has been a little crabby ever since I finished frosting the cupcakes and licked the spoon and knife I had used to frost them. Poor choice on my part.

Wrote in my diary and typed up some notes from my Tuesday dance lesson before slipping beneath the electric blanket. Mmmm!

20. fascination

pack, leave...sad to begin the trip back...for a variety of reasons...but I have 39 1/2 hours to try to figure out how to change what I don't want ....drive to central Idaho...