yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

ccm...agree..bed alone is important on occasion

lessee...

fri; teach cycling...big class...and senior toning class...no clue where the rest of the day went but know I had to pick up a few items at walgreens and then cook dinner....enjoyed alone time with dh

sat/today...sleep in...grocery...lots of time making new cycling playlists...then vacuum all rooms of house...laundry...pet care...cook huge authentic Polish dinner...have brief spousal crabbiness...now couch potato
  2. fascination

sun....coffee....long practice...clean kitchen...cut dh's hair....make playlists for work...set up counseling appts for this week...scoop litter...feed animals....do laundry....clean toilets...look in vain for my lost discover card...long soak in jacuzzi...book hotel...generally organize self for coming week...change linens ...enjoy nice dinner....lounge
  3. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

SATURDAY:
    Woke up to my alarm at 7 AM. Clearly I am doing something wrong in life that I feel a need to set an alarm on a Saturday!
    Take dog out, feed pets, feed self, make Child her bean salad, pack her a lunch, pack me a lunch, get my work things together, throw in some laundry, get Child's dance things together, get Child's hair stuff together.

8:40--Out! And...realize that I remember Child's dance things, hair things, my lunch, and my work stuff, but her lunch is sitting on the counter. Great. I'll have to round trip for it.
    9:10--Pick up Child at her sleepover party.

While driving to the studio from unfamiliar house, get pulled over. (Another car is pulled over already, so I guess this is a targeted zone.) Apparently I was going 36 in a 25 zone. I just get a warning.
    I obviously did not say anything to the cop but...how the heck was I supposed to know this was a 25 zone??? I didn't see any posted speed limit and the road looked more major than a typical 25 mph zone. But whatever. Yay. Just what I needed.
    9:30--At studio, Child gets dressed, do her hair.
    9:45-10:45--Round trip for the dang lunchbox.

11:15-12--Parent meeting at the studio.

1-3:45--At work. Grade 3.5 essays, then an alumni comes by. She saw my light on. Glad to talk with her, although I desperately needed ALL of this time to get work done.

4:15--Pick up Child at dance.

Talk to Husband, who is working in Dallas. He gives me instructions about how to re-spark internet, which has been down since the night before. (He tends to say stuff like "re-start the router," and say "Explain.") It works!

Unfortunately, 3.5 essays is not going to cut it for the day. Normally I can work a lot more than this on Saturday because this is Husband's day to drive her to dance. (I take care of Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.) We go home and have dinner, then head back in to the office, as I feel like I'm going to get more done there.

7-8:15--More grading. Get through 2.5, bringing day's total to 6, which I can live with. Child watches episodes of "The Muppet Show" on the big screen in the classroom.

Grocery store. Home. Snuggle and bed.

SUNDAY
    7--Up.
    In the AM, graded a couple papers, put away laundry and put in more, wrapped a present for the second birthday party of weekend.
    Talked to my dad on the phone. My sister's dog died. My sister is devastated. She is also in her last week of pregnancy, so this is a very emotional time. Child also has loved this dog passionately since she was a little thing, so my dad is worried about how she'll take it. (She handles it. She is sad, but I think she'd braced herself when I told her he was "very sick." He had cancer with a tumor in his throat. Sounds similar to what killed my cat David just over 3 years ago.)

1-3--Child has birthday party for a friend turning 10, who is in the 4th grade in Child's 4th-6th grade class. (Child is in 6th.) Almost all Child's besties are at the party. The birthday girl is a friend who Child has known since kindergarten, and both she and the sister were part of that group of BFFs we went to NYC with at the end of September. They are moving to Fort Lauderdale in December. Child is pretty sad about this.

3:45--At my work so I can do some more grading. Will the fun never end?!? Child is a bit of a pill about it. I'm sorry to have to do this to her, but with my sister giving birth this week, I really need to be on top of my game. Child understands this intellectually, but wants to be home. I get it. Me too. And the papers are a little disappointing tonight, which doesn't help.

Rush home because Child is going to G-chat with one of the besties from the birthday party, but her computer isn't working right and she can't figure out how to do it on mine. Dinner.

Read The Last Apprentice with Child. We enjoy this series. Child takes a bath and I read to her in the tub.

Child to bed. She was TIRED! Out like a light in about one minute.

8 miles on treadmill. Shower. Husband comes home right as I get done!
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  4. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Active Member

LOL My youngest is much the same! She upped the ante last week while DH was gone and lugged the kitten along with her so that he could bite me between sparring rounds. Sheesh.
    Sania likes this.
  5. fascination

monday...work in the morning...lessons, uninspiring....sigh...not sure how to get out of this slump...margarita....bed
  6. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

returned to workouts and gym. ok, so I took like,,,oh...8 weeks off. Seriously beginning again.
    Call from pro - needs dress for new student...could I? run to studio...
    DH comes home from work,,,where he hosted a "all hands meeting"...my only question..."was anyone left standing by the end of it or did you bury all the bodies?"
    long talk about our business.
    Errands.
    Cut fabric for Paso showcase at Christmas. Love the fabric...do not love the fact that I rolled my rotary blade right over my finger. Blood like everywhere. CRAP!!! and OUCHIE!
    Call from DD. "your spending Thanksgiving with me"...uhhhhh,,,,,reply "no we're not..."
    Yes you are...DD announces after several appts with top notch knee doctor...her knee cap has to be rebuilt...the broken grinded bone matter removed and this is not a typical surgery. They will be placing a metal or plastic shield under the remaining knee cap...ok.
    So NOW, that really changes everything about our own holiday season.
    Inform daughter...to start making plans to move her upstairs bedroom to the downstairs living room, after hearing all the details...there's no way she's going to be mobile.
    Dh and I just stare at each other. and at the same time...say...."are you driving? or am I?"
    Watch a little bit of The Voice and DWTS for needed mental relieve. It will be a long stay in Austin this time around.
  7. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

Haven't posted here before, but here it is- wake up, make omelet loaded with peppers and spinach and coffee, head for dance class. Cold, rainy day. Good class- 2 hours, we work on technique and form, feel energized and happy about the direction my dance journey is taking me.
    Leave class, drive 80 miles back, stop at grocery store and load up on fruits, veggies, hummus, grass fed beef, all good stuff. Meet with a friend for coffee, end up eating a late lunch of tomato soup while she has her coffee. We talk about some deep stuff, our lives, etc, but also girly stuff, catching up. Leave, get home, take dog out. Make some chilli and decide to enjoy the cold rainy weather, after all I can't control it, just go with it. Plans for evening- texting friends and watching a movie. I love my days off
    samina and dancelvr like this.
  8. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Days off are what I live for.
  9. 3wishes

Workout at home.
    Catching up on little repair jobs. A lady with powertools...rides again!! I love these things. woo wooooo!
    Wait for contractor, wait wait wait.
    DH enters from workout with my trainer. He looks...well....DAZED...and announces..."your trainer seemed like he wanted me to scream Uncle and I wasn't going to give in"....ROFL.
    Sounds normal.
    Race to studio...forgot about lesson...show up late...but have a full 2 lessons completing the Paso Showcase - after I inform Pro..."hey, I have to leave for Austin, and your headed to OSB, and I don't know if I'm coming back before Christmas"....ok,,,so it's turns out to be a workout on top of the actual morning workout that I did. WOW.
    Head off to Michael's where I seriously score a huge huge discount clearance on drape panels for the guest room.
    LOVE getting things dirt cheap.
    Head to Fabric Shop, so I can complete the "Alvin The Chipmunk" sweater and ball cap for GS#2 for his Christmas Showcase at studio.
    Pin my Paso costume together, pro really likes the fabric. Now I HAVE to get this done, what if I'm back from Texas before showcase? such an unknown.
    Later in day after everything, head out to my Chiropractor...walk in "folded" and pinched. Walk out...straight, unfolded and feeling oh so much better. Love it.
    Quiet Evening...so enjoyable.
  10. fascination

tues...lessons...feel pretty divorced from my dancing right now....am trying to ignore it...drive home and teach a good class...to bed...
  11. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Isn't it getting close to when you usually take a break for the holidays anyway? I thought you mentioned before you weren't doing OSB. Maybe some time off will put dancing in perspective.
  12. fascination

it is possible...but I have already taken five weeks off since mid-september...so I don't know
  13. 3wishes

DH heads off to work.
    I end up pushing furniture around so contractor can finish all the small annoying things, which he left for last. We LOVE our contractor, he's the only guy we allow to work on our home for the last 15 years. Like finding a good car mechanic and never letting him go.
    TA DAAAAA, he even puts up our new smoke alarms....that now have a Carbon Monox. function. Test feature is driving contractor insane. I can tell.
    Field a phone call from step-dad,,,,informs me he is losing his eyesight and he will be blind in 3 months. Ok, well, my brain reins my mouth in....
    he over-reacts to a lot of things, including this. Silence on my part...is necessary. Flash to my mother who was legally blind.
    Neighbors mosy over, "can we cut some roses"......SURE....really, here in So. Calif....my garden just doesn't know what to do....they are blooming like wildfire.
    DH decides we are leaving earlier by a few days to head to Austin. He wants to spend time with grandkids before we nurse our daughter and they go to their dad's house for 10 days
    DH drags out both of my sewing machines for me, thanks dear oxoxox, find all my red thread for this Paso costume.
    DH askes me for a favor - pick up his prescriptions...not a problem....well....until I go to store....and I start laughing...as does the counter person.
    He phoned EVERYTHING he uses - for refills at the same time. HOLY MOLY BATMAN.
    Head off to doctor appt. Doctor reviews my bloodwork...let's just say...there is a BIG HUGE Ah HAAAAA minute with doctor. And a new direction, this is good, for me. I'm so grateful for really good doctors in the female health arena.
    Trainer calls, cancels circuit training...Ta Daaaaaaaaa, so I watch the recorded CMA awards...and gotta love how Carrie Underwood with Brad Paisley can make fun of everyone through song...and get away with it. I thought it was a good show. While DH snoozed in his chair.
    Nice end to evening.
  14. fascination

wed...teach 3 hours of fitness on an 8 hour fast...drive to dr...have blood drawn...drive home ....EAT...sleep...wake up feeling (((not right)))...panic a bit...phone a friend...drive to my other job, spend time with a wonderful couple...I hope they make it....drive home...eat pasta b/c I sense a blood sugar issue...in bed by 9...sleep through straight til 7 this am
  15. ChaChaMama

MONDAY:
    9, 9:20, 9:40--ENG 1101 appts.

10:20--GLC. Library session. Goes SO much better than the one for my ENG 1101 did.

11:20--Lunch break. Left my lunchbox at home, so roundtripped it, ate lunch in the car, and graded a paper before heading in to...

12:40--20th C Brit Lit. Rushdie.

2, 2:20, 2:40, 3, 3:20, 3:40--ENG 1101 appts.

Home. Quick transition.

Child to dance.

...and that's all I remember about this day.
  16. ChaChaMama

TUESDAY
    9, 9:20, 9:40--ENG 1101 appts

10:10--Registrar gives presentation

11:25--Faculty meeting.

Break during which we do some venting.

1--First Year Team meeting.

2:30--Leave for Towson.

3:15--Double Nik lesson.

Home. Quick transition.

7-8:15--Child's ballet class.
  17. ChaChaMama

WEDNESDAY, crazy person Wednesday:
    9, 9:20, 9:40--ENG 1101 appts.
    10, 10:15, 10:30, 10:45, 11, 11:15, 11:30, 11:45--GLC paper appts and advising appts.
    Lunch.
    12:40--20th C Brit Lit. Rushdie.
    1:45, 2:05, 2:25--ENG 1101 appts.

Rush off campus. Pick up Child at school. Pick up line is slow as molasses, and I am toward the end of it because I arrived at 3:03. (Dismissal starts at 3.)

Child is near tears in the car and tells me that her life might be ruined! This is very uncharacteristic. She is normally in a great mood after school. But she doesn't want to say what's wrong.
    I ask if it has to do with one of her friends. No.
    She then volunteers that she has decided she will not do Performance Team next year because it will be Middle School and that's a lot of responsibility. I say that's fine...but I feel like there is a clue here.
    I ask if she forgot about a school project, and if it would help to skip dance. No.
    I decide to give her some personal space on this one, but I have to ask her one more question:
    Will I be getting a call from your teacher? No.
    She says she will tell me once she knows if her life is definitely ruined.
    Home. She grabs a popsicle and heads up to her room for a cry. Oh boy!

About 1/2 an hour later, she is ready to talk. "Promise you won't be mad." Oh boy! "I promise."
    She lost her vocabulary book.

Omg! That's all?!? I was worried that her best friend had said she didn't want to be best friends, or that she had been accused of stealing or cheating or something. She is upset, though, because she feels that she has Let Everyone Down, and that her teacher Will Be So Disappointed.

I instigate an APB for the vocabulary book, in case it has been lost around the house. I announce there will be a reward if it is found. My husband finds it and gives me a meaningful wink. He says "Incentives work!"

Child's life is not ruined. Score one for this day!
    Dear Lord, the drama of the 6th grader!

4:30-9--Child's dance marathon.
    I come home and put in my 8.25 miles on the treadmill.
    Go pick up Child.
  18. ChaChaMama

THURSDAY...which isn't quite yesterday yet, but will be quite soon.

10--Dentist appointment. Eh. Could have gone better. They see some beginnings of gum problems, so I'm going to have an extra cleaning type session to try to get under the gum in the problem area.
    Right after giving me this news, she said "And now that I've give you this news, I'm going to take your blood pressure!" 92/68, pulse 64. So I guess I wasn't all THAT stressed out about the less than fabulous news.

12, 12:15, 12:30, 12:45, 1, 1:15, 1:30, 1:45, 2, 2:15, 2:30, 2:45--Appts. But 2 PM is late, which messes me up!
    3--Well, really 3:07 due to earlier problem--Meeting with Chair of Math Department. Some frustrating but not unexpected news.

4:45ish--Grocery store to pick up a few things.
    5:15ish--Home.

Help Child nominate teacher for award.

Exciting update!!! --Very pregnant sister will be induced starting at 12:15 AM! OMG! I'm going to be an aunt very soon!!!!

7:30--Vag Mon rehearsal.
  19. fascination

thurs...teach blast at 8 and fusion at 9...home to feed animals, take a phone call, change and have lunch with a friend whose husband has just gone on hospice...back home to get into gym clothes again...teach spin at 5 and fusion again at 6...home exhausted

fri...teach spin at 9 and active older adult class at 10...chat with brother, brief visit w/ dtr who is home to borrow car to go see BF...clean house...have engaged couples here in the evening

sat (today) teach toning, fusion and zumba, grocery shop, watch Gatsby w/ dh....pretty much shot for the day....been a very long week
  20. fascination

sun...up at 7....write bills, clean kitchen, cook a bunch of ground turkey for chili and tacos.....also clean pantry while I am at it...see dtr very briefly...go to work at counseling job...second meeting with a couple that has a number of extended family issues...get home a good deal later than I had hoped...bring the outdoor furniture in, book room, look through catalogues, pet care, do laundry...currently going to indulge in trash tv and wine before taking a jacuzzi and snuggling dh before bed