yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

drive to indy...lessons....didn't die of them...well enough home and teach spin which included an improvement in attitudes of persons formerly mentioned as PITAS...home for dinner and wine...staff meeting...anal about whether or not I spoke too much there...note to self; do not have wine for dinner now that staff meetings are in the evening...but, all in all, an okay turnout for a day I was dreading on both fronts....
  2. fascination

wed...horrible day...hear that a friend has taken a stupid pill and moved out of her home/mid-life crisis placed in awkward situation...speak some truths....teach three classes...go home and sleep, complete various tasks around the house, spend evening chatting with dh about the situation as we are very close friends with the entire family, her spouse, their kids etc...

thurs...truths not appreciated, words exchanged, there goes that friendship, at least for now.....lovely...teach class in the morning and then two in the evening...pretty much up in middle of the night...will get back to bed soon but it has been a pretty aggitating day
  3. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Wow... sounds like everyone around you lately is losing their minds...
  4. fascination

5. fascination

but I checked with my husband and he said I'm okay
    ChaChaMama, FancyFeet and cornutt like this.
  6. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Having gone to bed at 2:30 AM, I got up at 8:15 AM. Going to be a long day on not much sleep!

10-2--Drove home from NJ. Stopped at a Barnes&Noble in Lancaster and had an amazing turkey, cheese, and cranberry relish panini. It was SO yummy! It was also my first normal meal since lunch the day before. (I kind of had snacks instead of dinner the night before, as there wasn't much time between the morning and the evening session.)

Home. Unpacked. Cleaned up a bit, in preparation for....

5:30-9--FIRST YEAR SEMINAR PUMPKIN CARVING PARTY!!! We had the best time! I *LOVE* my class.
    We also had pizza at the party, so this was a big eating day for me!

9:10--ENG 1101. Picked research paper topics.

10:20--GLC. Discussion of _Colonize This!_

Lunch, grading.

12:40--20th C Brit Lit. Poetry of Phillip Larkin.

2-4--Office hours, grading.

Scurried home.

5:15--Child's rehearsal.

Put Child to bed.
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  7. ChaChaMama

I wound up going to the grocery store at like 7:15 AM because we were out of a lot of stuff. (Shout out to my H for taking care of Child this weekend, about shopping too? Because we shouldn't be running out of milk and stuff.)
    Got somewhat shocking news at the store. Safeway may go out on strike. I was asked if I would support the workers, and of course I would.

9-10--Office hours. Lots of grading.

10:10--GLC. Discussion of _Without a Net_.

Lunch and grading.

Got Child ready for dance.

7--Child's ballet class.

Put Child to bed.
  8. ChaChaMama

WEDNESDAY, crazy person WEDNESDAY:
    Husband says he is not feeling well. Swell. He was supposed to help Child get ready for literary tea tomorrow, but now he's begging off of that because he says he would contaminate the cupcakes. And he is leaving on a 4 day business trip.

8:45, 9, 9:15, 9:30, 9:45--ENG 1101 abstract and works cited appointments.

10:20--AMAZING conversation in GLC of Without a Net.

Lunch and maybe a student appt.

12:40--20th C Brit Lit. Larkin.

1:45, 2, 2:15, 2:30--ENG 1101 appts.

Pick up Child. Home. Make cupcakes. Throw cupcakes in oven. Tell Husband he is responsible simply for taking them out of the oven.

4:30--Drop Child at studio for her dance marathon.

5--Home to discover...what the? Cupcakes are out, but about 3 of them look noticeably...dirty? Husband says yeah, he dropped them in the oven. What?!? Shoot Husband "the look." Throw out the errant cupcakes.

5:45--Workout. 8 miles.

Handle a couple work related e-mails.

Go pick up Child.
    Put Child to bed.
  9. ChaChaMama

Again I wind up at the grocery store by around 7:30 AM because we need cream for the literary tea.

Husband takes Child to school, then leaves on trip.

9-12:30--Grade like maniac.

1:30-2:45--Literary tea at Child's school.
    3--School dismissal and drive Child home.

--Can't remember what we did in here. I know dinner was involved.--

6:15--Trick or treating.
    7:30--Cruise by my VagMon rehearsal.

Put Child to bed in my bed. Oh, to heck with it. Join her around 9:30. I have been running on fumes.
  10. ChaChaMama

9, 9:15, 9:30, 9:45--ENG 1101.

10:20--GLC. Pick research topics. Some people actually clap their hands with excitement when they find a research paper topic they like. I have to say that my research paper topics do kind of rock. :)

2 student appointments over my lunch break, one for ENG 1101 and one advisee, so I only get about 15 mins to eat my pb sandwich and cookies.

12:40--20th C Brit Lit. Salman Rushdie's _The Ground Beneath Her Feet_.

Quick advisee meeting.
    1:45, 2, 2:15, 2:30--ENG 1101 appts.

Pick up Child. Let her have a little time at home, but I need to go back.

4--ENG 1101 appt.

On to Target to buy birthday presents.

6--Drop Child at a sleepover birthday party, the first of two birthday parties she will be attending this weekend.

8ish--Workout! 6 miles on treadmill.

Decide that I have earned the right to have the bed ALL TO MYSELF. No Husband, No Child, no dog, no cats. Just me, my pillows, and my electric blanket, getting my sleep on.
    (Don't get me wrong: I love all of these mammals, and I enjoy sharing a bed with Child when her Dad is out of town some of the time. But I really do sleep best by myself! Sleeping with Child starts out really sweet, but she must have the most active dreams because it often becomes like sleeping with someone doing mixed martial arts practice.)
  11. fascination

ccm...agree..bed alone is important on occasion

fri; teach cycling...big class...and senior toning clue where the rest of the day went but know I had to pick up a few items at walgreens and then cook dinner....enjoyed alone time with dh

sat/today...sleep of time making new cycling playlists...then vacuum all rooms of care...cook huge authentic Polish dinner...have brief spousal couch potato
  12. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member practice...clean kitchen...cut dh's hair....make playlists for work...set up counseling appts for this week...scoop litter...feed laundry....clean toilets...look in vain for my lost discover card...long soak in hotel...generally organize self for coming week...change linens ...enjoy nice dinner....lounge
  13. ChaChaMama

Woke up to my alarm at 7 AM. Clearly I am doing something wrong in life that I feel a need to set an alarm on a Saturday!
    Take dog out, feed pets, feed self, make Child her bean salad, pack her a lunch, pack me a lunch, get my work things together, throw in some laundry, get Child's dance things together, get Child's hair stuff together.

8:40--Out! And...realize that I remember Child's dance things, hair things, my lunch, and my work stuff, but her lunch is sitting on the counter. Great. I'll have to round trip for it.
    9:10--Pick up Child at her sleepover party.

While driving to the studio from unfamiliar house, get pulled over. (Another car is pulled over already, so I guess this is a targeted zone.) Apparently I was going 36 in a 25 zone. I just get a warning.
    I obviously did not say anything to the cop the heck was I supposed to know this was a 25 zone??? I didn't see any posted speed limit and the road looked more major than a typical 25 mph zone. But whatever. Yay. Just what I needed.
    9:30--At studio, Child gets dressed, do her hair.
    9:45-10:45--Round trip for the dang lunchbox.

11:15-12--Parent meeting at the studio.

1-3:45--At work. Grade 3.5 essays, then an alumni comes by. She saw my light on. Glad to talk with her, although I desperately needed ALL of this time to get work done.

4:15--Pick up Child at dance.

Talk to Husband, who is working in Dallas. He gives me instructions about how to re-spark internet, which has been down since the night before. (He tends to say stuff like "re-start the router," and say "Explain.") It works!

Unfortunately, 3.5 essays is not going to cut it for the day. Normally I can work a lot more than this on Saturday because this is Husband's day to drive her to dance. (I take care of Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.) We go home and have dinner, then head back in to the office, as I feel like I'm going to get more done there.

7-8:15--More grading. Get through 2.5, bringing day's total to 6, which I can live with. Child watches episodes of "The Muppet Show" on the big screen in the classroom.

Grocery store. Home. Snuggle and bed.

In the AM, graded a couple papers, put away laundry and put in more, wrapped a present for the second birthday party of weekend.
    Talked to my dad on the phone. My sister's dog died. My sister is devastated. She is also in her last week of pregnancy, so this is a very emotional time. Child also has loved this dog passionately since she was a little thing, so my dad is worried about how she'll take it. (She handles it. She is sad, but I think she'd braced herself when I told her he was "very sick." He had cancer with a tumor in his throat. Sounds similar to what killed my cat David just over 3 years ago.)

1-3--Child has birthday party for a friend turning 10, who is in the 4th grade in Child's 4th-6th grade class. (Child is in 6th.) Almost all Child's besties are at the party. The birthday girl is a friend who Child has known since kindergarten, and both she and the sister were part of that group of BFFs we went to NYC with at the end of September. They are moving to Fort Lauderdale in December. Child is pretty sad about this.

3:45--At my work so I can do some more grading. Will the fun never end?!? Child is a bit of a pill about it. I'm sorry to have to do this to her, but with my sister giving birth this week, I really need to be on top of my game. Child understands this intellectually, but wants to be home. I get it. Me too. And the papers are a little disappointing tonight, which doesn't help.

Rush home because Child is going to G-chat with one of the besties from the birthday party, but her computer isn't working right and she can't figure out how to do it on mine. Dinner.

Read The Last Apprentice with Child. We enjoy this series. Child takes a bath and I read to her in the tub.

Child to bed. She was TIRED! Out like a light in about one minute.

8 miles on treadmill. Shower. Husband comes home right as I get done!
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  14. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Well-Known Member

LOL My youngest is much the same! She upped the ante last week while DH was gone and lugged the kitten along with her so that he could bite me between sparring rounds. Sheesh.
    Sania likes this.
  15. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member in the morning...lessons, uninspiring....sigh...not sure how to get out of this slump...margarita....bed
  16. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

returned to workouts and gym. ok, so I took like,,,oh...8 weeks off. Seriously beginning again.
    Call from pro - needs dress for new student...could I? run to studio...
    DH comes home from work,,,where he hosted a "all hands meeting" only question..."was anyone left standing by the end of it or did you bury all the bodies?"
    long talk about our business.
    Cut fabric for Paso showcase at Christmas. Love the not love the fact that I rolled my rotary blade right over my finger. Blood like everywhere. CRAP!!! and OUCHIE!
    Call from DD. "your spending Thanksgiving with me"...uhhhhh,,,,,reply "no we're not..."
    Yes you are...DD announces after several appts with top notch knee doctor...her knee cap has to be rebuilt...the broken grinded bone matter removed and this is not a typical surgery. They will be placing a metal or plastic shield under the remaining knee cap...ok.
    So NOW, that really changes everything about our own holiday season.
    Inform start making plans to move her upstairs bedroom to the downstairs living room, after hearing all the details...there's no way she's going to be mobile.
    Dh and I just stare at each other. and at the same time...say...."are you driving? or am I?"
    Watch a little bit of The Voice and DWTS for needed mental relieve. It will be a long stay in Austin this time around.
  17. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

Haven't posted here before, but here it is- wake up, make omelet loaded with peppers and spinach and coffee, head for dance class. Cold, rainy day. Good class- 2 hours, we work on technique and form, feel energized and happy about the direction my dance journey is taking me.
    Leave class, drive 80 miles back, stop at grocery store and load up on fruits, veggies, hummus, grass fed beef, all good stuff. Meet with a friend for coffee, end up eating a late lunch of tomato soup while she has her coffee. We talk about some deep stuff, our lives, etc, but also girly stuff, catching up. Leave, get home, take dog out. Make some chilli and decide to enjoy the cold rainy weather, after all I can't control it, just go with it. Plans for evening- texting friends and watching a movie. I love my days off
    samina and dancelvr like this.
  18. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Days off are what I live for.
  19. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Workout at home.
    Catching up on little repair jobs. A lady with powertools...rides again!! I love these things. woo wooooo!
    Wait for contractor, wait wait wait.
    DH enters from workout with my trainer. He looks...well....DAZED...and announces..."your trainer seemed like he wanted me to scream Uncle and I wasn't going to give in"....ROFL.
    Sounds normal.
    Race to studio...forgot about up late...but have a full 2 lessons completing the Paso Showcase - after I inform Pro..."hey, I have to leave for Austin, and your headed to OSB, and I don't know if I'm coming back before Christmas"....ok,,,so it's turns out to be a workout on top of the actual morning workout that I did. WOW.
    Head off to Michael's where I seriously score a huge huge discount clearance on drape panels for the guest room.
    LOVE getting things dirt cheap.
    Head to Fabric Shop, so I can complete the "Alvin The Chipmunk" sweater and ball cap for GS#2 for his Christmas Showcase at studio.
    Pin my Paso costume together, pro really likes the fabric. Now I HAVE to get this done, what if I'm back from Texas before showcase? such an unknown.
    Later in day after everything, head out to my Chiropractor...walk in "folded" and pinched. Walk out...straight, unfolded and feeling oh so much better. Love it.
    Quiet enjoyable.
  20. fascination

tues...lessons...feel pretty divorced from my dancing right trying to ignore home and teach a good bed...