yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

thx...ccm...I would be guessing we are looking at Fall of 2015....

the family issue will immediate family is okay but it is some rather serious stuff with my sibling
  2. fascination

lol, as to sleep walking; I had that pretty badly as a fact, once when sleeping at a cousin's house, I got up, walked to the middle of their kitchen, pulled down my jammies and tinkled on their kitchen floor...and promptly went back to bed without knowing a thing until much later
  3. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

4. fascination

sat....take 4 things to post it always ends up that I have to make a last minnute trip there I will never know....teach two fitness classes whhich are well attended given the timing....kick my own butt...go to grocery with dh b/c pre-holiday food shopping is too important to leave to interpretation....wrap stuff....clean stuff...bake...son arrives home...let the visiting around the tree with wine and good music commence
  5. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

impossible to catch up. so many days are like so many others, and then: Stuff Happens. The biggest change in my life in the past few months: got a part time job, working with in the cooking classes in a fairly high-end kitchen-equipment store; started learning Standard.
    Sania and raindance like this.
  6. fascination

sunday; was planning on a relaxing day with nothing much to do but vacuum and maybe do the litter boxes....but hear that the connecting flight of dtr's fiancee's family has been cancelled and that, unless they can get a rental car I might be having a lot of company for quite a while...attach rocket boosters and jet around house in a flurry of cooking and cleaning so that we are ready to feed and sleep an extra 5 it turns out, they did not stay...but that just put me ahead of the game for getting the place ready for Christmas... as we are hosting it here...spend lovely evening noshing on the good food and hearing the details of dtr's trip/engagement....
    cornutt likes this.
  7. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Wrapped presents.
    Grocery store.
    Started a little Christmas baking, but realized the milk was spoiled and did not feel like going to the grocery store for a second time in the day.
    Worked out.

Grocery store and completed recipe. (Might have accidentally added a little extra peppermint extra to the recipe...these bars will certainly be minty enough!) Contemplated doing another recipe. This is SO not my usual thing. I need j_alex and Peaches to channel their Master Baker energy and skill my way.
    Worked out.
    Watched the FIRST "Hunger Games" movie with Child at home. (We're a little behind on our movie watching! Also, Child is still coughing too much to inflict her on innocent bystanders for no reason.) I liked it and might have shed a few tears.
    Had horrible heartburn that came out of nowhere during the movie. :(
    Tried to order Child's hip-hop dance costume online. The leggings are sold out. Now I'm mad at myself for not having gotten RIGHT ON THAT. We got the memo about this on the 13th which was the same day as my final final exam and the same day Child was diagnosed with pneumonia, so I had an extra thing or two on my mind.... (I'm also a little annoyed that they chose something without first ascertaining whether there were enough in stock for the whole team, but I will accept at least 50% of the blame.) I kind of hope I'm not the only parent with this problem, because then the team coordinator will have to come up with a solution.
  8. fascination

monday...teach 4 classes, visit dear friend...home to a bunch of cranky pants....not in the mood for that crap...go to bed at 8

today(tues)xmas eve....straighten out the undies that were in a arrives....score big time on all gifts bought for 11 year old nephew....father calls ...yea...okay....whatever...if you want to spend the holidays with us, be here.....have a great time with family...after they leave, exchange with dh....basically purchased the interior of an entire new office for him (chair, art work, etc)...he is happy...I get the usual "you get to dance all year" peck on the cheek...actually a few T shirts and a book...not to soak in jacuzzi soon as we will open w/ kids tomo and skype grandbaby
  9. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member open presents, all are happy, a few clothing items need to be returned, large breakfast. some of us goback to bed, others futz around waiting to skype grandbaby which does not happen b/c his mother says he is not in good space/2 year old burn out...we coped by playing cards and having a drink....I was in bed by 7 and slept 13 truck really ran over my butt this year
  10. ChaChaMama

fascination--Hope you get a raincheck with The Cutest One!

MONDAY--Worked out early. Got my hair colored and flat ironed for the holiday. Made a second batch of the chocolate mint bars and a batch of blondie brownies with the red and green mini m&ms instead of choc chips.

TUESDAY--Finished packing and got out of town by 10 AM. Arrived at parents' house around 1 PM. Lots of time with baby nephew. Opened a few presents. Only downside was lasagna we had for dinner wasn't too good--very runny. Everyone was impressed with the goodies I made, which was gratifying.

WEDNESDAY--Christmas Day. Presents galore. Baby nephew, who had barely napped the day before, did a lot of sleeping today, which gave us plenty of downtime to play/read/recharge. Cousins showed up around 3 PM and we had a late lunch of sausage and peppers in red sauce which was so good. I normally do not eat pork at all, but made an exception and had half a sausage. We played Apples to Apples with the new trendy pack we had given Child as a stocking stuffer and laughed SO much.
    We had a Wegman's turkey dinner for Christmas dinner and I was in charge of making sure everything went in and came out at the right time, with assistance from the cousins. One wild card is that my parents' oven is VERY hot compared to normal ovens. We had the pre-cooked turkey in for an hour and a half per package instructions and then removed the foil and basted. My cousin " looks done?" And we tested it and...yup, done! Wow. Glad we didn't just reflexively put it back in for another 60-90 minutes. I definitely overcooked it last year and it was too dry, so we are trying to learn from past mistakes.
    I might have gotten a bit nuts at the end when there were like 5 side dishes to coordinate. Child "Can I put grapes in a dish on the table?" Me: "Don't talk to me. I can't deal with one more thing. Any thing you can do without talking to me is fine." Also, my brother-in-law almost moved a serving utensil from the green beans amadine to the turkey as he was second guessing my choices of serving utensils, not realizing my aunt is lethally allergic to almonds. (WHY do we even have this side dish in the house?!? I don't care if it comes with the meal; we should donate it or throw it out!) But it all worked out in the end!
    After dinner and delicious desserts, we took cute photos of all the cousins with Child and Baby Cousin in matching sweaters. We then played another round of Apples to Apples. I don't know when I've laughed so much! When Child was the judge, the category was "Nasty" and she picked "salad" over "atomic bombs." Lol.

Presents I gave:
    Husband--I-Pad stand. Sphero.
    Child--Star Trek clock, Obsessed with Star Trek quiz book, 2 Star Trek collectibles, 2 Valentine's Day outfits, trendy Apples to Apples cards (e.g., Pilates, hashtags). Husband bought her several books like Harry Potter and Philosophy, Lord of the Rings and Philosophy, etc.
    Baby Nephew--Book called The Day the Crayons Quit. 2 Valentine's Day outfits.
    Dad--Giants umbrella, Giants tie, board book called Giants 101 to read to my baby nephew/his grandchild.
    Mom--Giant wicker basket shaped like dog bone for dog's stuff.
    Sister and brother-in-law--1 hour massage gift certificates for place 3 minutes from their new home.

THURSDAY--Some more fun playing and hanging out, then a horrible drive home. (Traffic, crabby Child, who is STILL sick.)
  11. ChaChaMama

Forgot to to do the other side!

Presents I received:
    From Husband--Eye-Fi card (more camera memory). Pottery Barn Daily System including white board, corkboard, upright file spaces...lots of good stuff. (I wanted this for my new home office and asked for it...because I definitely need help being organized.)
    From Sister--Feminine version military style black velvet jacket. I love it! Calendar.
    From Parents--Money. Raspberry colored cashmere sweater. Very soft blanket for our downstairs rec room. Some books. Subscription to NY Review of Books.
    From in-laws--Money.

I made out like a bandit this year! And Child got quite a few things that pleased her too, as did Husband.

I just wish Child could shake this nasty cough. We're going back to the doctor today.
  12. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Ok, let's smush 7 days together.
    Ship Auctioned cookies toooooooo Purr! Thank you so much!
    Finish unplugging everything in house and outdoors. Thank you to my brain for NOT allowing me to decorate and put up lights.
    Head out to Long Beach Airport, beautiful morning, sunny skies, snow on mountains, perfect!
    DH and DD pick me up at Austin Airport, although I'm really enjoying several live bands that are playing in the concourse. This is a serious music town, giving Nashville a run for their money! Gotta love true entertainment in an airport.
    Grandkids arrive from school, push us aside in order to find The Elf On The Shelf. Wow, brushed asided for an Elf...oh well. lol.
    Instantly get plowed with questions from all three at the same time.
    DH breaks out cotton snow balls and the war is on, ambush attack from the stairwell in the house.
    Errands, meals, shopping, parks, playgrounds, picture taking, DD physical therapy continues on her knee (she is huge-ly disappointed when PT says , brace can come off, when the leg can be lifted from a standing position to a 45 degree angle), she's got a long way to go.
    Teach kiddo's about Smore's - perfect backyard with huge firepit and starry night sky.
    Cold, brisk, RAIN.
    Paint, color, boardgames, drag out Twister - to which all of us get challenged.
    Open gifts, Oregon daughter,,DRAT HER, sends duck calls to all the kids, DD plans something BIG regarding Texas University to send back to sister's kids. uhhhhhhhhh.
    Read stories, more stories, more stories.
    Invited to SO big family gathering, I forgot I much I miss the chaos, noise, food, catching up on lives and children, so to be an outside observer...was interesting.
    Forgot to call DS on Christmas, we inform him "phone works both ways"...will see him on Sunday when other grandchild can open his gifts.
    The Elf On The Shelf left Christmas Eve boxes.....HYSTERICAL,,,one piece PJ/s for me, DH, kids and grandkids. AND DH who would NEVER be caught dead in PJ's especially the kind with feet,,,,,is "all in" and has a great time, hot chocolate, popcorn, Home Alone 1 with kiddos....I seriously cannot stop laughing...he truly plays up the jamy part.
    DH reads the annual "Twas The Night Before Christmas" and somehow, Dear Daughter, gets onto the bed to listen to this...from long ago.
    ahhhhh the memories we make when our kids are little,,,that cross into adulthood.
    Pack up yesterday, sad little faces...and some tears from them....and tight hugs.
    Distraction by a jigsaw puzzle helps and I teach them how to glue it to stay together for a frame.
    Dh prepares to drive,,,and I'm out...on Jet Blue "Boston Red Sox" plane celebrating 100 years of Fenway Park.
    Send picture to DD family...They are Boston Red Sox biggest fans. Grandson goes wild seeing the jet I'm on.
    NICE!!! Homeward bound.
  13. fascination

doing today (friday) now, as exhaustion is looming...teach spin and toning, shower, drive to chicago and spend most of day assembling dh's new office dinner at Indian place...also make our first wedding planning calls...I am beat...and I think I am getting an earache/sinus infection....and tomorrow is way too busy for that

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Daughter's long-time boyfriend asks me if he can marry my daughter. That is one of the sweetest things anyone has done for me in a long time. I tell him, "Welcome to the family." BUT he wants to wait to ask my daughter for a couple of months because just as we finish our conversation he finds out his sister has just gotten engaged and he wants her to have her day (or 60) in the sun. So, shhhhh....
  15. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

Pedicure at my favorite salon.
    Dinner with friends at great pasta place. Still a few days off before work, and feel glad for the time off to breathe and enjoy

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Fasc, maybe we can shop for MOTB dresses together!
    fascination likes this.
  17. fascination

I am starting a board on pinterest
  18. fascination

sat...teach blast...exhausted (isn't that my most common state?)as I slept very poorly last night...but we have to meet dtr's fiancee's mom for lunch at a halfway point between our homes to drop dtr off for an upcoming event...we have lunch at Hacienda...upon return home I put myself back to bed for an hour...we also finally get to skpe The Adorable One....happiness and joy....son needs tacos so I make bunches of retire to watch football and star dtr's absence I am safely ensconced in my bedroom enjoying the first moment of privacy that I have had in memory....deo gratis
  19. fascination

alas, I can finally share some of that....since Mr. Fasc sometimes lurks I was not wanting to post much before...

DH; I had copies of some of his photos from Africa, Old San Juan, Niagra Falls, etc...enlarged, matted and framed...also bought him an armchair and some glass art for his office as well as one piece of Japanese art on looks awesome...I will put up pics when I get them...also got him texting gloves, ear buds, track pants and more... but I am too lazy to type it all out

DTR ; clothes for her upcoming teaching internship, gym clothes, housewares b/c she will be in an apartment, lighted crochet hooks
    son; magazine subscriptions, framed art from Africa, noise cancelling headphones and briefcase

also did bunches for the adorable one and for the 5 nieces and nephews....everything else was minimal...except for a few folks who were cash poor...

in terms of things folks got noted, I get to dance all year so that is that from dh(and is more than any human being has a right to expect) be fair, he also got me a few undershorts so that I will stop wearing his, and the recent Chris Matthews dtr got me a lovely rug from world market....I think it is from India...and my son got me some peppermmint tea and some de-stress lotion that I like....we exchanged with the parents earlier in the year before they went to florida so that is about the extent of it (cranberry wine and sheets from my dad, more dishware from Poland from the in-laws)... it was a lovely holiday, in spite of a few bumps in the road and some busy days... it was mostly pleasant and peaceful and I always cherish having both of my kids home at the same time, even when it is draining....
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  20. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Got up late today because I couldn't fall asleep last night. Didn't eat breakfast because it was too close to lunch- shower and get a quick study in before lunch. Meet family for lunch and have chili. Barnes and Noble because mom wants a book- pick up an interesting autobiography about an army trauma surgeon (hopefully good fodder for future personal statement writing?)
    Molecular biology MCAT study, run. I forget my ipod so it isn't a very good one. Come home and study some more. Dinner with family and watch the new season of White Collar on Netflix while drilling orgo flashcards