yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

monday...no sleep due to sunday's news...teach 3 classes....ready to expire...get news of more malicious stuff from person we fired at work....sigh....not today, please....pet care, lunch, no time for nap or shower...drive full of dread to lessons where I get to tell pro that I am cutting back over 50%...and we haven't had the best 4 months of our "relationship" for lack of a more descriptive word (not reallyy sure there is a word)....anyhow, he rises to the better angels of his nature for which I am desperately grateful and the dancing isn't that bad either....I cannot remember the last time I felt that consoled on a lesson ...to fave place for fave margarita for potentially the last time as I won't be spending the night anymore...chat with a friend, check in on dh to let him knnow that things went okay here and to see how he is faring....he sounds tired but okay....asleep in record time for nearly 10 hours....feel almost human today
  2. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Monday:

Work, do 10 different transfers (only to find out to day I have to undo them all or at least edit them because the account received a new code today), waited on emails. Leave at six because I was waiting for bf to get off of work, pick up groceries for food, cook food, feel ill from not eating a lot yesterday, was a grump, went home, slept.
  3. fascination

not sure when I last posted...just going to say that today/wed was draining...I basically dragged myself to work then went to bed....just had all of the negative energy from my work and dh's that I can take
  4. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

TUESDAY:
    9:30--Waxing.
    10ish--Work on analysis of staffing in 2008-09 school year. Then compare it to my earlier analysis of staffing in 2013-14 school year. Yield some interesting and usable data.

1-2:30--Big First Year Team meeting. Among other topics: possible significant changes to the way we handle the summer and advising for fall. (Change is being driven from above.) Three possible models, all with pluses and minuses. A lot to think about. I also give recruiting update. The assistant dean gives an update about where things stand with math.

Home. 6 miles on treadmill. Shower.

Take Child to ballet.

Finish reading Donna Tartt's The Goldfinch. Great read.
  5. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Tuesday:

Work, wrote blog post, scheduled blog post, talked to fellow bloggers, practiced for a short time, went to bf place, had dinner, went home.

Wednesday:

Work, went home, dyed hair, had dinner with parents, watched gilmore girls, talked to girlfriend on the phone, went to bed.
  6. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Tuesday's surgical repair of hamstring went very well. Had first physical therapy session yesterday. OMG, how can 'gentle stretching' hurt so much?!? Dance buddies dropped by last night to check on me (thanks, guys!) and then I slept for ten hours. Dog is still terrorized by my knee scooter. Sorry, boy.
    cornutt and fascination like this.
  7. fascination

speedy recovery!
  8. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

I'm glad it went well nurdms!!!! I hope physical therapy goes well!
  9. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Wow... I am so sorry to hear this. I know it cuts into things that are important to you. I had to take a big pay cut when I took my current job a few years ago. We've adjusted and even managed to buy a car this year, but it took some negotiating.
  10. fascination

thanks cornutt...we will be fine...it will just be an adjustment....I am determined to use the lost lesson time to practiceand mitigate the effect....

thursday....drag myself to work feeling drained by negative people who still have not adjusted to the staff upheaval at work and who persist in spreading toxicity on a daily basis...but grace prevails, and classes go well and the people in attendence are little rays of sunshine so it all brightens a bit...not sure what I did in the middle of the day...oh...planned classes and made new play lists...went back to work in the evening....got news that the parish is going to have me do a Spring grief series which will be nice for the budget and have a training of instructors this coming week so things are going to get busy soon

fri...teach 2 classes, meet with the admin and the asst admin about cranky donor, because she lives in my neighborhood...spend part of day corresponding and copying those correspondences...manage to soak in tub...dh and I have quiet evening....lovely

sat/today...teach a fitness class, tan, take a bunch of crap to goodwill, go to hot yoga, make turkey tacos, take a nap, practice, do laundry, and some pet care...dh has gone off to pick son up at ohare....it is snowing again....imagine the rest of the evening will involve chatting with them and sipping wine....probably also some bengay will be in order...if I do not take our live tree down tomorrow it is likely to spontaneously combust....writing bills and practicing again will also be on the list for tomorrow...after we get that boy out the door and back to school
  11. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Active Member

Yesterday:
    Sleep in late, despite the normal bedtime. Must have needed the rest, but threw off my plans for the day, and made me start it behind schedule and with a bit of a headache (hunger-induced, I think). Coffee, breakfast, an hour of wake-up time in front of the tv, quick shower, then off to sew. Arrive at sewing location, get started, then second breakfast. More sewing... minor freak-out about deadline... more sewing. Leave to go meet friends at the movies, like real non-dancing people apparently do on Saturday night. Watch movie, have popcorn for dinner, then head to a pub for a quick drink (sangria) and some nachos. Home, dye a little more lace for dress ('cause it needs a bit more) while watching a bit of tennis, bed.

You may notice there was no practice in there. Must go today.
  12. NURDRMS

up. Roll around on knee scooter. Do laundry - figured out way to drag laundry basket behind knee scooter. Do three sets of exercises (gentle stretching - aahhhh! and the pain was tremendous.) Decorated knee scooter with Corvette decals. Iced leg. Pretty much did nothing else.
  13. fascination

:nurse: aw....sad face
  14. NURDRMS

No sad faces...This rest is good for me. I am definitely feeling stronger every day since the surgery on Tuesday. I don't need the pain meds any more (husband says he paid for them and I need to use them! ha) and plan to head back to work on Tuesday. It's just hard for me to be a couch potato... But I tell you, I'm going to HATE this scooter before too much longer.
    fascination likes this.
  15. fascination

sunday...practice., write bills, household stuff and work prep...and then more drama that just makes me feel like finding a deserted island...
  16. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Huh. I really thought I posted a couple days ago, but maybe I wrote it and didn't push reply???

WEDNESDAY:
    Sent many e-mails soliciting First Year Seminars from specific departments.

Took Child to dance. Grocery shopped. Spent a little time at home. Went back early as I noticed Child had forgotten her snack. Returned to see Child had been crying because coach was mean. Mama Bear very ticked off.

THURSDAY:
    Started the day by accidentally almost setting the house on fire. Well, slight exaggeration...but I forgot I had set eggs on the stove to hard boil and did manage to set off the smoke alarm.
    On a more positive note, succeeded in nagging campaign and got Husband to go to the doctor. They gave him a nebulizer treatment on the spot, diagnosed bronchitis, and sent him home with four prescriptions.

Spent most of the day with my baby nephew (now 2 months) and my sister!

Watched final episode of BBC Sherlock, Season 2, at Child's insistence, so we will be all ready for Season 3 debuting Sunday.

FRIDAY:
    Phone calls, errands.
    Went in to work. Drafted syllabus and course policies for one class. Haven't taught this particular course since 2010 and am making some changes.
    Stopped at grocery store on way home. They finally have the falafel that Child likes back in stock!

SATURDAY:
    Worked out.
    Child is on what they call "two a day" rehearsals for her upcoming competition. Picked her up at 4:15, took her to a pizza party at a teammate's house, took her back to dress rehearsal. Helped with costumes.

SUNDAY:
    Finished reading Alex London's _Proxy_. (It's a young adult novel.)
    Took Child and one of her BFF's to see "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" which we quite liked! Child likes doing ANYTHING with her BFFs, but it was nice that this was such an enjoyable movie.
  17. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Active Member

Yesterday:
    - Up, coffee, breakfast, e-mails. Give cat some love.
    - Head to sewing locale. Figure out length skirts need to be, plan out trimming.
    - Second breakfast. More skirt measuring then (gulp) trimming. Begin to pin horsehair.
    - Lunch. Continue horsehair application. Somewhere in the middle of sewing, begin to wonder how long this seam is... take cut off piece of one skirt layer, and decide it's a good idea to hang it from the 2nd floor chandelier in the foyer. It touches the floor. Laugh hysterically, leave it hanging there, and go back to sewing.
    - Shut down the sweat shop about 4:30, snack, go to practice at studio.
    - Home, shower, dinner.
    - Hand wash dye out of dress lace, iron a week's worth of clothes for work.
    - Bed.
  18. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Holy Moly Batman! Missed lots while playing away from home.
    Took GS#2 out of school mid-week and put him in ski school at local - easy drive hill.
    HE LOVED IT!!! Wanted to go back the next day...
    AHHH, fresh air, snow, skills, and other children...this is why Friends SHOULD NEVER teach friends/family how to ski. Get a "Pro".
    Even I don't teach my family.
    GS#2 - already asking when he can go back with me. Color me - really happy and having true fun.
    Inform "Pro" I'm not dancing for awhile. Pro has shocked look on face. Pro thinks I'm joking. uhhhh, nope,
    Explain, there's a built-in pool that absolutely - no doubt- needs repair,,,last year it was all the repairs to the house that were on hold for 8 years, renovate the kitchen,,,clear the yards. This year....it's the dreaded..."pool".
    Remind Pro that in recent coaching...the coach realized and remembered I am now retired,,,stopped lesson mid-way, took me by the shoulders and said clearly "don't ever pass up an opportunity to travel and experience the world now that you have time".
    Wake up a few mornings ago...to a phone call from ex-co-workers at Los Angeles City Hall,,,,
    "how close is the fire above your house"? We can see all the smoke this far away.
    I thought they were joking,,,really,,,until we looked out our north facing windows. ARRGHHHH!!!! this was no joke.
    Watch superscoopers and air support fire/air forest service fly directly over our house with - water drops...and even this morning the fire is still going in the back canyon.
    Go over with DH....the dreaded...."if you had 5 minutes to get out of the house...this is what you grab and go"....whew, this time he didn't joke about it.
    Go up to fire line. Nasty stuff.
    Collect neighborhood kids whose school(s) were closed as fire grew. Kept them inside and used great imagination games, arts and crafts.
    Meet up for lunch on another day with ex-co-workers. Had fun,,,with the gals.
    Met up with ballroom sister for Thai Food and August:Osage County...drama and laughter all at the same time. WHAT A CAST.
    Ballroom sister and I discuss travel...her...France, London as she backs off of lessons...me? Everywhere,,,when all the repairs are done and $$$ are back where they should be.
    Look at niece photo shots from Florence Italy...ahhh the itch to travel is hitting big time.
    Sign up for catering courses...just experienced my first successful small bites creativity - for personal friend and fundraiser. LOVED doing it.
    GS#2 informs me he is done with dancing as we watch him do round-offs, cartwheels and free falling into foam pits...uhhhhh, ok then. I'm pretty sure this is headed towards Gymnastics.
    Started interval training,,finally hit 4 miles on threadmill. Signed up for Pound dot com workouts and loving it.
    Getting tickets for "Book of Mormon" at the Pantages. Girls day/night out coming up!
    Signed up for Rose Parade volunteer meeting for one of the 35 committees that puts the parade together...should be fun..if I get in.
  19. fascination

mon...teach 3 classes, lessons...first week of only doing three....struggle a bit worrying about losing ground...tired and a bit blue...had a bunch of folks kicking my butt lately and I miss the overnight in indy...will go to bed soon...it will be fine...just not a great day today...but I am still grateful
    j_alexandra likes this.
  20. fascination

tuesday...practice...twice....spend a bunch of time dealing with securing the wedding location...we have the reception, but we need to secure the church...which, even though I have lots of contacts is more complicated than it would seem....stay tuned....may be spectacular :)

spend a bunch of time at work perpping for an upcomming weekend long training that I am conducting for our new instructors....

teach cycling...guy visiting from Milwaukee in serious cycling gear who said it was the best spin he's ever taken....color me "feeling really good about that"

home to peace and quiet with dh....and early to bed...but am stressed about upcoming training and dh flying in this crap...so....wide awake...TDNWMH