yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

No excuse is needed for bacon.

llamasarefuzzy likes this.
  2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

slow moving yesterday, flirting with some sort of illness...pay bills, do laundry, pet care, spend some time hunting for lost credit card and taking online ceus for upcoming classes I will be teaching....adding another Y to my list of work places....lunch with friends...practice some new choreo...teach spin and take another class after that...home to make playlists and chat w/dh briefly...out cold feeling pretty sick

3. fascination

wed...teach three classes....home to do dishes, pet care, and take some ceus on pilates.....hot yoga, then engaged clients...talk with bestie on way home....veal milanese w/capers and wine w/dh....lovely day

4. fascination

drive to Evanston, takedtr, birthday shopping for jeans then to dinner at "native foods" (vegan fare)...then to bridal salon for first little dip into dress shopping...drive home and teach two classes...am entirely exhausted...but it was a lovely day

j_alexandra and llamasarefuzzy like this.
  5. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Mmmmm... Native foods is great... and I'm not even vegetarian!

6. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Saturday--Reasonably productive day. Grocery shopped. Got 12 Blackboard assignments read. Put in a long workout on the treadmill. That night, watched some Olympics.

Sunday--Had hoped we might be able to use this--my last free weekend day for awhile--to do something super fun, but Child has a bit of a cold and low-grade fever, so we had a chill out day at home. I started reading Chang-Rae Lee's Under a Full Sea.

Monday--Work, including 9 ENG 1101 appts (though one person cancelled and one was a no-show, so really 7).
    Postcolonial Literature--Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's Americanah.
    Walk on the Wilde Side--Last day of discussion of Queer London.

Tuesday--
    9-10--Summer advisement and registration meeting.
    10-11:30--First Year Team meeting.
    11:30-12:15--Math External Review meeting.
    12:30-1:30--Music External Review meeting.
    --Prep time.--
    2:40-4:10--Guest lectured on dystopias in a class on The Hunger Games.

Wednesday--6 more ENG 1101 appts. (One no-show.)
    Postcolonial Literature--Americanah.
    Walk on the Wilde Side--E.M. Forster's Maurice.
    Took Child to dance. Immediately upon arriving, Child realizes that since she had to stay home from dance Monday and Tuesday, she hasn't been to the studio since Saturday...which means her dance bag is in her Dad's car. I roundtrip and get it for her, because I am nice.

Thursday--Spend the morning knocking many items off the seemingly never ending to-do list.
    2-3:30--Double lesson w/Nik.
    PM--6 miles on tm.

7. fascination

it is hit and miss for me...some of that gelatinous, gluten based fake meat makes me want to hurl....but some of it is simply wonderful

8. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

True. I generally try to stay away from vegetables masquerading as meat and it works out

Dancing Irishman likes this.
  9. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Monday:

Brain dead post-competition day
    Group class
    Dinner in favorite restaurant
    Home; z

Tuesday:

Gyro
    Lesson; long conversation, some dancing
    Gynecologist for annual visit
    Home; more brain dead time

10. j_alexandra

Wednesday:

Rolfer
    Lesson
    Tutoring; what is it about teenagers and Lord of the Flies?
    Date
    Home; z

11. j_alexandra

Yesterday:

Stop at store where I work, talk to boss about schedule
    Practice at studio; I have so much to learn
    HOme; make dinner early, b/c am hungry and tutoring session will be late
    Tutoring; today, Global Studies, in which we focus on the Russian Revolution
    To winebar to shmooze with Blond German Friend; we discuss ballroom gowns, I have a glass of red
    Pick up a salad
    Home; salad, read, z

12. fascination

fri...teach two fitness classes ...home to pay bills, cook dinner for dh, grocery shop...head out to a lovely evening of reviewing a TED talk by Brene Brown with friends and then laughter yoga....then some quiet time with one friend and some good Patron

13. fascination

doing today now as I do not anticipate anything of consequence beyond this point....teach 2 fitness classes....too tired from late night out last evening to drive to hot yoga ...and the roads seem to be icing....home to tidy the house a bit but then pretty much crash and burn...take a nap and then practice for a while....dh has come down with some sort of stomach virus, so our play date is now off...probably going to be unnproductive the rest of the eve .....as I cannot find the password to take the ceus on yoga and pilates that I have purchased...and I am never very attentive in the evening...

14. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

you just made me Google "laughter yoga"

15. fascination

it was...at the edge of mycomfort zone

16. fascination

mon...8am step on 8 inch benc with pliates intervals, 9 am spin, 10:30 toning with light weights...home to carbs and a nap...feed animals, crochet project, snowblow drive...5pm boot camp...I will be sore tomo...tan because I need some heat...applying vodka to it

17. j_alexandra

Friday:

Lesson
    Too Damn Much Time with Ex
    Social dancing; this was delightful, most unusual

Saturday:

Visit from friend from London; from prep to goodbye, this took the whole day, but was lovely

Sunday:

Work
    Date

18. j_alexandra

Might as well do today, b/c I'm not awake for long:

Lesson, in which Standard was addressed
    Visit with Blond German Friend
    Home; cookcookcook
    Nap (much needed)
    Group class
    Home; about to Z

19. fascination

tues...cannot remember for the life of me other than I know I taught spin
    wed...5am boot camp....8 am step, 9am spin, 10 toning...3pm til this morning; the most violent awful episode of stomach virus which I have ever seen

20. j_alexandra

OH, FASC so sorry about the stomach virus. Not fun. Sympathy!

Tuesday:
    Lesson, more Standard
    To house of Ex, to pack and ship; this morphs into way more time than I want to spend with him
    Errands
    Home for brief food and to make theater arrangements with father; he's taking a bus, I'm meeting him there; this plan is fraught with potential screwups
    Tutor
    Drive real fast to make it to theater in time; do! win! pity the play was so bad
    Post-theater snack
    Home; z