yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Yesterday:

Stop at store where I work, talk to boss about schedule
    Practice at studio; I have so much to learn
    HOme; make dinner early, b/c am hungry and tutoring session will be late
    Tutoring; today, Global Studies, in which we focus on the Russian Revolution
    To winebar to shmooze with Blond German Friend; we discuss ballroom gowns, I have a glass of red
    Pick up a salad
    Home; salad, read, z

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

fri...teach two fitness classes ...home to pay bills, cook dinner for dh, grocery shop...head out to a lovely evening of reviewing a TED talk by Brene Brown with friends and then laughter yoga....then some quiet time with one friend and some good Patron

3. fascination

doing today now as I do not anticipate anything of consequence beyond this point....teach 2 fitness classes....too tired from late night out last evening to drive to hot yoga ...and the roads seem to be icing....home to tidy the house a bit but then pretty much crash and burn...take a nap and then practice for a while....dh has come down with some sort of stomach virus, so our play date is now off...probably going to be unnproductive the rest of the eve .....as I cannot find the password to take the ceus on yoga and pilates that I have purchased...and I am never very attentive in the evening...

4. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

you just made me Google "laughter yoga"

5. fascination

it was...at the edge of mycomfort zone

6. fascination

mon...8am step on 8 inch benc with pliates intervals, 9 am spin, 10:30 toning with light weights...home to carbs and a nap...feed animals, crochet project, snowblow drive...5pm boot camp...I will be sore tomo...tan because I need some heat...applying vodka to it

7. j_alexandra

Friday:

Lesson
    Too Damn Much Time with Ex
    Social dancing; this was delightful, most unusual

Saturday:

Visit from friend from London; from prep to goodbye, this took the whole day, but was lovely

Sunday:

Work
    Date

8. j_alexandra

Might as well do today, b/c I'm not awake for long:

Lesson, in which Standard was addressed
    Visit with Blond German Friend
    Home; cookcookcook
    Nap (much needed)
    Group class
    Home; about to Z

9. fascination

tues...cannot remember for the life of me other than I know I taught spin
    wed...5am boot camp....8 am step, 9am spin, 10 toning...3pm til this morning; the most violent awful episode of stomach virus which I have ever seen

10. j_alexandra

OH, FASC so sorry about the stomach virus. Not fun. Sympathy!

Tuesday:
    Lesson, more Standard
    To house of Ex, to pack and ship; this morphs into way more time than I want to spend with him
    Errands
    Home for brief food and to make theater arrangements with father; he's taking a bus, I'm meeting him there; this plan is fraught with potential screwups
    Tutor
    Drive real fast to make it to theater in time; do! win! pity the play was so bad
    Post-theater snack
    Home; z

11. j_alexandra

Yesterday:

Gyro
    Lesson; yet more Standard; this stuff is interesting
    Home; nap
    Work; class is on homemade mozzarella and ricotta, and recipes for using both; pretty full class, chef and 2 assistants; the other assistant cuts off part of the end of his finger while prepping for class, so we bundle him off to ER and chef and I do class alone; not a total train wreck, but things got a bit out of hand
    Home; glass of wine and leftovers from class (fettucine, garlic, tomates, arugula, and homemade mozzarella); who can sleep? Perhaps I ought not to have had that cup of coffee at 6:30, but I would never have made it through class without it
    Z eventually

12. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

I haven't posted on this thread in a week? Huh.

Friday the 28th--Taught my regular day.
    ENG 1101--How to determine whether a website is trustworthy.
    POSTCOLONIAL--Adichie's Americanah.
    WALK ON THE WILDE SIDE--Forster's Maurice.
    Graded stuff, packed, drove to Lancaster.

Saturday the 1st--Child's dance competition. There was much mutual unhappiness during the hair and make-up portion of the early AM, but after that, things got better. Child's teams routines all got "high gold" awards and took 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th in the intermediate large group division. :) (Child actually isn't in the cast for the routine that got the 1st, but she LOVES the number that got 2nd. It is her favorite.) They also got a special costume award for one of their routines, the costumes that we had to glue something like 4.5 gross of Swarvoski stones onto. Yay.

Sunday the 2nd--Drove home from Lancaster. Did some grading. Watched part of The Oscars.

Monday the 3rd--Snow day. Did quite a bit more grading.
    Wrote in diary.

Tuesday the 4th--Office hours, grading, full faculty meeting with some contentious stuff about changes to tenure and promotion procedures. Drove to Towson. Excellent double Nik lesson.

Wednesday the 5th--ENG 1101 in class debate.
    Postcolonial Lit--Americanah.
    Realized I had forgotten my sandwich. :( Graded over lunch.
    Walk on the Wilde Side--Mrs. Dalloway.
    Office hours, grading.
    Took Child to dance.
    Pretty great workout: 6.6 miles in 1 hour. I typically do a little over 6 miles in 1 hour, but I pushed myself more today.

Thursday the 6th--Graded. Read a little.

Friday the 7th--ENG 1101--In-class debates.
    POSTCOLONIAL--Tsitsi Dangarembga's Nervous Conditions
    WALK ON THE WILDE SIDE--Woolf's Mrs. Dalloway.

13. fascination

thurs...call off morning class as I am still not certain that crisis has passed....but, after 2 naps, managed to teach the evening ones...nothing else to say about this day except that it involved low cal gatorade and chicken broth....

friday morning...still not myself but teach anyhow...then recive a pretty bizarre and unexpected call.....still don't know what to make of it...but don't have time or inclination to ponder it as I had to contact my boss at the church about one of the couples I am counseling, who seem determined to forge ahead into some very conflicting expectations.....we aren't in the business of witholding access to sacraments, but we do make it our responsibility to be as candid as we need to be....

order pizza because it is the first time I feel like eating in three days...and out early

satuday; teach two classes, go to hot yoga, tan, practice, nap....major catch up on cuddle time...practice, cook dinner and share a nice quiet sit down with spanish guitar music, watch a movie with sub-titles...nice to do something that actually feels like enjoying and savoring the quality things in life....to bed early as I have lessons early

14. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

SATURDAY:
    Husband's 48th bday!

Child goes to dance. I clean the house, wrap presents for Husband and Mom (who had her b-day last Saturday--we do a joint party), and shop for dinner foods.

PENGUIN RANDOM HOUSE BOOK FAIR. Child is a finalist in the Penguin Random House Student Writing Contest. All the finalists are invited to read short excerpts from their work and get certificates. Her poem places 2nd in the 6th grade division! YAY!!! SO PROUD OF HER!!!

There was also a silent auction, and Husband bid on and won a 7-course (or 6-course? Can't remember) tasting menu for 2 at a nice restaurant in the area. So we have a guaranteed date night for the future.

My dad declared at this point that he had not had lunch (it was 4 PM) and was going to grab something on the way back to the house. I pointed out that we had food at the house, and he said "Lunch food?" Anyway, he and Mom stopped at McDonalds. Le sigh. I love my parents, but one issue for us is always meal times. My ideal set up is something like 7 AM, noon, 5:30 PM, and they seem to think 9 PM is just a fine time for dinner...which doesn't work with my sense of Child's bedtime. (And while yes, I could feed her earlier, if we are having birthday cake, I'm not going to cut her a piece before we sing "Happy birthday" and she's not going to want to miss that anyway.) Anyway, tonight we do kind of a compromise and sit down to dinner around 7-7:15 PM.
    [And I wrote about another paragraph about my parents and eating but then decided that might be an overshare.]

Back to the house. I make the cake first, then lemon chicken and potatoes for dinner.

Nice birthday dinner, then presents.
    Husband gets tickets to "Waiting for Godot" for the three of us from me and Child, and the BJ Novak book from my parents.
    Mom gets Kate Atkinson's Life After Life and the Grumpy Cat book from us. My Dad laughs a ton at the Grumpy Cat stuff Mom reads out loud. It really seems to appeal to his sense of humor. :)
    Fun night.

j_alexandra likes this.
  15. j_alexandra

Thursday:

Rolfer
    Lunch with a friend
    Tutoring
    Winebar

16. j_alexandra

Friday:

Lesson, in which Teach tries to get me to think a new way about what I'm doing; this will take some practice
    Home; try to nap; not happening
    Work; busy night
    Home; Z

fascination likes this.
  17. j_alexandra

Yesterday:

Wake with a snotty, drippy, sore-throat, achy cold. TDNWMH. Spend day on couch with liquids, mouth-breathing and occasionally watching videos.
    Make mulled wine; a mug of that, an aspirin, and a Benadryl, and out like a light for 12 hours

18. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Finished, FINALLY, painting the rooms. DH was in Nashville, his avoidance of interior painting is well known and his sinus just can't take it.
    DH arrived home, after long roadtrip - and brought whatever virus that is he caught into the house! yikes!
    Plan for free Vegas trip,,,woo woo, 3 nights/4days - FREE. A good word in my book.
    Dear son calls, makes a point of having both of us together...looking at the "facetime" window.
    Lo and behold,,,,a shinning stone in a beautiful setting...for awesome can I say "future daughter in law" We don't know when, or how he will propose....let's just say
    HAPPY for us, is an incredible feeling...Happier for him - is even better!

fascination likes this.
  19. fascination

doing today now because I am exhausted and will not be awake long....

drive to lessons...enjoy three hours of work involving connection and also some new choreo to me....drive to south bend to visit family....nephew (11) was recently put on meds for adhd...personally, I think it would be better given to his parents....anyhow, spent some time trying to make sure that we are building a trusting and secure relationship as he needs it....and I love him...and my mother is not here to do it....drive home....pretty much ready to crash and burn...not completely over whatever hit me this pastweek and I had to be up very early with Spring forward, a time zone difference and the long trip....

20. fascination

mon...attempt to teach my 3 classes...not really feeling it today...still recovering from what hit me last week....talked them through one of the classes...home to crash...talked with my father, tried not to resent him for abdicating his responsibility as a member of the family....spend rest of day prepping for road trip to see cutest one....mindless tv...cuddle time