yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Yesterday:

Gyro
    Lesson; yet more Standard; this stuff is interesting
    Home; nap
    Work; class is on homemade mozzarella and ricotta, and recipes for using both; pretty full class, chef and 2 assistants; the other assistant cuts off part of the end of his finger while prepping for class, so we bundle him off to ER and chef and I do class alone; not a total train wreck, but things got a bit out of hand
    Home; glass of wine and leftovers from class (fettucine, garlic, tomates, arugula, and homemade mozzarella); who can sleep? Perhaps I ought not to have had that cup of coffee at 6:30, but I would never have made it through class without it
    Z eventually

2. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

I haven't posted on this thread in a week? Huh.

Friday the 28th--Taught my regular day.
    ENG 1101--How to determine whether a website is trustworthy.
    POSTCOLONIAL--Adichie's Americanah.
    WALK ON THE WILDE SIDE--Forster's Maurice.
    Graded stuff, packed, drove to Lancaster.

Saturday the 1st--Child's dance competition. There was much mutual unhappiness during the hair and make-up portion of the early AM, but after that, things got better. Child's teams routines all got "high gold" awards and took 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th in the intermediate large group division. :) (Child actually isn't in the cast for the routine that got the 1st, but she LOVES the number that got 2nd. It is her favorite.) They also got a special costume award for one of their routines, the costumes that we had to glue something like 4.5 gross of Swarvoski stones onto. Yay.

Sunday the 2nd--Drove home from Lancaster. Did some grading. Watched part of The Oscars.

Monday the 3rd--Snow day. Did quite a bit more grading.
    Wrote in diary.

Tuesday the 4th--Office hours, grading, full faculty meeting with some contentious stuff about changes to tenure and promotion procedures. Drove to Towson. Excellent double Nik lesson.

Wednesday the 5th--ENG 1101 in class debate.
    Postcolonial Lit--Americanah.
    Realized I had forgotten my sandwich. :( Graded over lunch.
    Walk on the Wilde Side--Mrs. Dalloway.
    Office hours, grading.
    Took Child to dance.
    Pretty great workout: 6.6 miles in 1 hour. I typically do a little over 6 miles in 1 hour, but I pushed myself more today.

Thursday the 6th--Graded. Read a little.

Friday the 7th--ENG 1101--In-class debates.
    POSTCOLONIAL--Tsitsi Dangarembga's Nervous Conditions
    WALK ON THE WILDE SIDE--Woolf's Mrs. Dalloway.

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

thurs...call off morning class as I am still not certain that crisis has passed....but, after 2 naps, managed to teach the evening ones...nothing else to say about this day except that it involved low cal gatorade and chicken broth....

friday morning...still not myself but teach anyhow...then recive a pretty bizarre and unexpected call.....still don't know what to make of it...but don't have time or inclination to ponder it as I had to contact my boss at the church about one of the couples I am counseling, who seem determined to forge ahead into some very conflicting expectations.....we aren't in the business of witholding access to sacraments, but we do make it our responsibility to be as candid as we need to be....

order pizza because it is the first time I feel like eating in three days...and out early

satuday; teach two classes, go to hot yoga, tan, practice, nap....major catch up on cuddle time...practice, cook dinner and share a nice quiet sit down with spanish guitar music, watch a movie with sub-titles...nice to do something that actually feels like enjoying and savoring the quality things in life....to bed early as I have lessons early

4. ChaChaMama

SATURDAY:
    Husband's 48th bday!

Child goes to dance. I clean the house, wrap presents for Husband and Mom (who had her b-day last Saturday--we do a joint party), and shop for dinner foods.

PENGUIN RANDOM HOUSE BOOK FAIR. Child is a finalist in the Penguin Random House Student Writing Contest. All the finalists are invited to read short excerpts from their work and get certificates. Her poem places 2nd in the 6th grade division! YAY!!! SO PROUD OF HER!!!

There was also a silent auction, and Husband bid on and won a 7-course (or 6-course? Can't remember) tasting menu for 2 at a nice restaurant in the area. So we have a guaranteed date night for the future.

My dad declared at this point that he had not had lunch (it was 4 PM) and was going to grab something on the way back to the house. I pointed out that we had food at the house, and he said "Lunch food?" Anyway, he and Mom stopped at McDonalds. Le sigh. I love my parents, but one issue for us is always meal times. My ideal set up is something like 7 AM, noon, 5:30 PM, and they seem to think 9 PM is just a fine time for dinner...which doesn't work with my sense of Child's bedtime. (And while yes, I could feed her earlier, if we are having birthday cake, I'm not going to cut her a piece before we sing "Happy birthday" and she's not going to want to miss that anyway.) Anyway, tonight we do kind of a compromise and sit down to dinner around 7-7:15 PM.
    [And I wrote about another paragraph about my parents and eating but then decided that might be an overshare.]

Back to the house. I make the cake first, then lemon chicken and potatoes for dinner.

Nice birthday dinner, then presents.
    Husband gets tickets to "Waiting for Godot" for the three of us from me and Child, and the BJ Novak book from my parents.
    Mom gets Kate Atkinson's Life After Life and the Grumpy Cat book from us. My Dad laughs a ton at the Grumpy Cat stuff Mom reads out loud. It really seems to appeal to his sense of humor. :)
    Fun night.

j_alexandra likes this.
  5. j_alexandra

Thursday:

Rolfer
    Lunch with a friend
    Tutoring
    Winebar

6. j_alexandra

Friday:

Lesson, in which Teach tries to get me to think a new way about what I'm doing; this will take some practice
    Home; try to nap; not happening
    Work; busy night
    Home; Z

fascination likes this.
  7. j_alexandra

Yesterday:

Wake with a snotty, drippy, sore-throat, achy cold. TDNWMH. Spend day on couch with liquids, mouth-breathing and occasionally watching videos.
    Make mulled wine; a mug of that, an aspirin, and a Benadryl, and out like a light for 12 hours

8. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Finished, FINALLY, painting the rooms. DH was in Nashville, his avoidance of interior painting is well known and his sinus just can't take it.
    DH arrived home, after long roadtrip - and brought whatever virus that is he caught into the house! yikes!
    Plan for free Vegas trip,,,woo woo, 3 nights/4days - FREE. A good word in my book.
    Dear son calls, makes a point of having both of us together...looking at the "facetime" window.
    Lo and behold,,,,a shinning stone in a beautiful setting...for awesome can I say "future daughter in law" We don't know when, or how he will propose....let's just say
    HAPPY for us, is an incredible feeling...Happier for him - is even better!

fascination likes this.
  9. fascination

doing today now because I am exhausted and will not be awake long....

drive to lessons...enjoy three hours of work involving connection and also some new choreo to me....drive to south bend to visit family....nephew (11) was recently put on meds for adhd...personally, I think it would be better given to his parents....anyhow, spent some time trying to make sure that we are building a trusting and secure relationship as he needs it....and I love him...and my mother is not here to do it....drive home....pretty much ready to crash and burn...not completely over whatever hit me this pastweek and I had to be up very early with Spring forward, a time zone difference and the long trip....

10. fascination

mon...attempt to teach my 3 classes...not really feeling it today...still recovering from what hit me last week....talked them through one of the classes...home to crash...talked with my father, tried not to resent him for abdicating his responsibility as a member of the family....spend rest of day prepping for road trip to see cutest one....mindless tv...cuddle time

11. ChaChaMama

MONDAY
    6:45--Wake up thinking from the fact that it is pitch black that I should probably roll over and go back to sleep, but no...this is what 6:45 looks like after the daylight's savings time change. Cheers!

9, 9:20, 9:40--ENG 1101 individual appts. 9:40 is sick, but e-mails me work in progress, which isn't much.

10:20--POSTCOLONIAL--Great discussion of Nervous Conditions, though I could have used another 30 mins.

Lunch and grade, grade, grade!!!

12:40--WALK ON THE WILDE SIDE. Radclyffe Hall's The Well of Loneliness.

2, 2:20, 2:40--ENG 1101 appointments.

3--Grade!!!!

Home, wolf down food in 7 minutes, take Child to dance, stopping at the gas station on the way. (I had tried to do this on the way home from work, but an ambulance was blocking Main Street and after a few minutes, I decided the wiser course was to bail out and try again later). Talk with another mom during dance and--among other things--get some needed advice on a big issue that has been worrying me.

Home. Put Child to bed.
    Read.

12. j_alexandra

Sunday:
    Have a cold.

Yesterday:

Lesson, in which we talk, b/c I have a cold and I have no energy nor do I want to pass the cold to Teach.
    Back to bed.

13. fascination

get well soon

j_alexandra likes this.
  14. fascination

today...as I will not be up late.....spend entire day prepping to see world's cutest toddler....pet care, laundry, dishes, wash car, pack, cook for dh, go to bank...buy more presents:)...teach spin...now home with nothing but dinner, a bath, and some mindless tv ahead

3wishes likes this.
  15. coanamilove

coanamilove Member

hhmm.. today I got up, went to work, have to study for my driving test, and today will send a note to some prospective digital media professionals..

and tomorrow, day off lol..

16. 3wishes

A few days here.
    Watched DH slowly descend from "blowing nose into Kleenex for hours on end" to
    him resting, to DH has no energy and is breathing hard.
    Brain triggers shades of last year/May A-Fib heart event. I gently mention he needs to call his doctor and get in.
    DH poo poos the very thought of being examined for a cold/sinus thing.
    Yesterday, I force his hand - get him into the car - head to urgent care.
    He's thinkin - the cold is in his chest, I'm thinkin' "your in A-Fib".
    Who won? me. 5 hours at an excellent Urgent Care Center, then home to get
    clothing, close up house, eat a really late lunch.
    Head off to Emergency Room where his Cardio Doctor meets him.
    Heart rate....sometimes 210. YES, you read that right. for the most part 165-187.
    Treat DH, control heart rate - change meds, he's in for the night.
    Head home, let everyone know he's doing ok, pass out while deciding to have "the talk" with DH about his heart health since we now know this will, in all likelihood, happen again.
    Whew.

j_alexandra likes this.
  17. fascination

wed...massive snow...go to work and stand around for 3 hours because who wouldsome outto work out in this?...aunnt makes it to my house....we drive toLincoln Nebraska..worstpartof drive was my driveway....

thurs...Lincoln to Ogden utah...12 and a half hours...we go to snooty place where aunt tries to order a frozen drink,,,I am amused

toda/fri...drvie to Portland...baby remembers me...heaven has come down to earth...not likely to be on much for a while...bliss

Purr, Sania and j_alexandra like this.
  18. fascination

sat...all day with Mr Adorable....seafood dinner for 3 at snooty place...colore me full

j_alexandra, 3wishes and Sania like this.
  19. 3wishes

Take DH for small walk at local park. Visit fresh produce stand in park. MARVELOUS strawberries. DH is exhausted (meds for heart are doing this).
    Rest at home.
    Take DH to walking village in Claremont. Slow stroll. Visit Rhino Records. OMG!
    LOVE IT, albums I had in the actual jackets, retro music, nothing modern. Fabulous walk down memory lane looking at the music.
    Hit the "some crust" bakery for bread, DH is just happy to be out of the house.
    A very much take it easy day.

j_alexandra likes this.
  20. j_alexandra

Tuesday and Wednesday:

Lesson
    Back to bed

Please note: lessons are mostly talking, and before I touch Teach, I purell like mad; do not want to spread this damn cold