yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

CCM: impossible for me, too; we might want to make an actual plan for next time you're in NY.

Do Taxes.

To NYC on St. Patrick's day; what was I thinking? Taking the train was interesting; drunk teenagers at 11 in the morning, and more of them on the way back.
    Lunch with friends of long duration
    Walking around Flatiron district
    Home, Z

2. j_alexandra

Lesson, in which I discover that Monday's walking and Tuesday's gyro/lesson/work have turned my legs to jello; Teach is most displeased, until I get myself together; we are competing tomorrow, and I think for a moment there, he was about to cancel b/c I just could not move, but I pulled myself together
    Tutoring, and for the first time, I feel like I did my student some good (long story)
    Theater: Rocky. Save your money for something good.
    Home; Z
  3. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Walked at local park.
    Took DH to our CPA, discussed business exit strategies with them.
    In-N-Out afterwards, order his DoubleDouble with no cheese and no added salt - he's miffed and then surprised that he didn't miss the salt at all.
    Home - discuss our business exit strategy even more.
    Discuss his medications - all three with same side affects - hopeful Cardio Doc will remove two of them at scheduled appt.
    Rest and read.
  4. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

WEDNESDAY--Grocery shopped.
    10 AM meeting at work. What the heck kind of "spring break" is this if administrators keep calling meetings?
    To Towson. Practiced.
    Home. Picked up Child from school. Took her to dance.
    Worked out.
    Picked her up.

THURSDAY--Waxing and then actually enjoyed a day of BREAK with reading and writing in diary!
    Husband came home from New Mexico that night. FIL has been released from hospital.

FRIDAY--Dentist. Car maintenance. Annoying way to spend part of break, but has to be done.
    Evening: Child got awards at Teens Create Ceremony sponsored by library! 1st place in the Middle School Poetry and Non-Fiction divisions. She is the youngest one there by far; I think the next youngest was 13. Yay for Child!
    3wishes likes this.
  5. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Up early, walk, DH is feeling like ol' self with change of meds and dose.
    DH walks loops with me, chats a mile a minutes, ideas popping every ten.
    Ok, annoying but oh so familiar, THANK YOU GOD!
    Talk about pool repair (ugh! but has to be done)
    Head out to business - surprise everyone there.
    Out to lunch, home, more walking.
    DH discusses upcoming heart procedures and seems satisfied.
    I cruise through internet, haven't done that in a long time.
    Watch some recorded programs together...quiet evening...for now.
  6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member clue when I last weighed in...but pretty much spen entire week loving and playing ...nothing else matters
    nikkitta and j_alexandra like this.
  7. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

-Coffee, pay bills, answer e-mails, DF, FB, breakfast
    -Worry about the amount of snow coming down, but decide to run errands, including purchase of rubber boots and kettleballs
    -Practice, cut short by headache that just will not go away
    -Home for food, aspirin and a short nap that helps the headache, but does not completely alleviate it
    -Shower, back to the studio to set up for social party
    -Desk at party, and dance a bit
    -Food at the studio, chat with pros, home very late, zzzs.

A fairly standard Saturday, though it's usually minus the headache and heavier on the practice.
  8. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

stopped in north platte...home late tomorrow...probably back to a normal schedule and resuming relational skills by thursday...I love my grandson...that is all
  9. j_alexandra

Rolfer, le sigh
    Lesson, in which things go well; is last pre-comp lesson, so that's good mojo
    Home, pack, drive to comp
    Check in
    Do nails
  10. j_alexandra

Pre-comp details, makeup, hair, etc
    A friend and her teacher arrive, we share space and dress, etc.
    Warm up in practice room; Teach arrives
    Standard, 10 single dances, then long break, then scholarship; I make the final, go me
    Much relaxing with friend and her teacher, including wine and dinner
    samina likes this.
  11. j_alexandra

Check out early; drive home; pick up ingredients
    Bake blueberry pie for family lunch
    Out of town family arrives; lunch is very pleasant
    Total crash and burn after they leave
  12. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Leave for NYC by 9 AM. Catch 12:12 train in NJ. Arrive at 1:35.
    Check in to Affinia Manhattan.
    Pick up a quick bite at Europa Cafe next door.
    Get together with BFF!
    Go to The Met. Tour the Egyptian collection and 19th-20th century European Painting.
    Dinner at Niles. [My food was only okay, but I think Husband quite enjoyed his steak.]

Ripley's in the AM. (Husband was not enthusiastic, but Child was dying to go, and I pointed out she had agreed to do The Met first. We have within the last 2 years visited the Key West, Baltimore, and NYC locations.)
    Lunch at Maoz. Child must have her falafel!!! This is a very good place for us.

"Waiting for Godot" starring Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart! Really enjoyed the show, though I was surprised by some of the interpretive choices. This was a far more comic and lighthearted version of the show than the last version I saw (more locally to me), especially in Act I. Toward the end of Act II, Patrick Stewart's character brought out more of the existential angst of worrying that your life is so inconsequential that you don't even know what happened yesterday, or whether by tomorrow you will remember today.

Afterwards, we waited at the theater door to try to get autographs, as Child is a huge Star Trek fan and was very excited at the prospect of Patrick Stewart. It was a HUGE crush of people, some of them friendly, some of them quite aggressive. I figured Child--who was the only child in the crowd and is not a tall person--had almost no chance of getting any autographs because even though we had exited the theater as fast as we could, we were not in the front row. I'd say we were in about the 3rd. I managed to get Ian McKellen, who was VERY generous with his time and signed for a fair percentage of the crowd. Child emerged from the crowd at the end. (We got separated.) She had gotten ALL THREE of the actors who were signing: Billy Crudup, Ian McKellen, and Patrick Stewart. She charmed people and they passed her program forward for her. :) Good job, kid!

Rushed to reclaim our suitcases and then hopped on the 7:14 train. Ate cupcakes from Crumbs that we had purchased earlier on the train ride home.

Drive back to MD, dying of tiredness but we made it!
    j_alexandra and fascination like this.
  13. coanamilove

coanamilove Member

Spent most of yesterday in bed.

Then went to a Chinese buffet in the evening.
  14. fascination

brief synopsis of the past week and a half:

wed in the am....huge snow storm...aunt finally makes it here...we drive to lincoln, drink bad margaritas, have appetizers, and go to bed at a residence inn

thurs 13.... drive to ogden at snooty place where aunt's requests for a frozen margarita and ground beef tacos are not especially appreciated....I try to navigate that that aunt likes to get up early and loudly....rut roh

fri 14th ....make it to portland and actually get a few hours with cutest baby....color me thrilled....and he recognizes me...olive garden for dinner because it is nearby and it is late and we are exhausted...I take the sofa bed because son is too big for it and aunt is too old for it......not ideal as it leaves me with complicated bathroom options, but I will survive.... with baby all at seafood place where a bunch of the trail blazers eat...see a few local athletes... appreciate the view :) was pretty good too with food carts downtown and powell's book store....spend much

monday....more time with cutest one learning letters and playing with water and going to park....I don't have the words for how precious the time is....we go to gymboree and pf changs....service is lacking....return to hotel exhausted ...they go out for green beer and fro yo...I enjoy some solitude

tues...more play with things from world's largest easter basket...look, I don't get there very hotel for night of taco fest, son's home made pizza and reality tv....we over spice things

wed....more play and we go to mc mennamons... a school turned into a restuarant and several other lounges, theatres etc.....and also to Hawthorne St. because we need aunt jeanne to understand how weird Portland really is :)....we also make her drink kombucha....she thinks we are weird

thurs....really hit my stride with cutest one and we play outside alone...yay....he relies upon me and enjoys me....we run and run and run.... then play ring around the rosy and fall down many many times...thurs eve we do gnocchi bolognese and other things Italian in the room and watch "frozen".... day....sad...hit nearby mexican place....thank god the margaritas are good...

sat...take son to airport, buy souveniers at the "all things oregon" to burley idaho....alsmost have to open a can of whoopass over a reservation snafu but it works okay because they end up giving us separate rooms for the price of one....first decent chunk of alone time in a week....consequently, I stay up too late which leaves me tired for a hard next day of driving...but the dinner in that town, mex again, was superb....note to self...try to stay there again...pollo mole was phenomenal from burley to north platte....crappy service at ruby tuesdays....have to actually walk my margarita back to the bar and have it re-made....up again too late.... home...700 miles...previous day was 800......hug aunt and thank her for her support of my son and I ...and for being with us this week....share the trip details with dh and dtr...alone time with dh......out cold....
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
    3wishes, j_alexandra and ChaChaMama like this.
  15. j_alexandra

Coffee with an old friend from high school, who now spends half the year at his b&b in Italy; uh, maybe I need to think about this as a career option, b/c it sounds splendid
    Cooking and reading and a nice slow day
    A friend has lost her job, well, OK, she got fired; we go out to dinner to commiserate
    Reading, Z
  16. j_alexandra

Lesson, in which Teach and I talk about recent competition, and also dance a bit; much work on technique
    To House of Ex, to pack and ship
    Home; nap excessively
    Group class; Viennese Waltz, in which Teach basically gives the class the patterns he and I have been doing recently; it's interesting to watch other people learning these movements, also to find out what the leader's part is, b/c there are too few men and I spend some time leading, very educational
    Home, read, Z
  17. fascination

today...sleep....brief visit with "adopted" dtr whose parents are divorcing....very difficult....pretty much spend rest of day decompressing and apologizing to my cats for my unexcused absence...teach spin...bed soon
    j_alexandra likes this.
  18. j_alexandra

Might as well do today, b/c won't be awake long:

Gyro; fantastically useful
    Lesson, in which Teach pumps up the stakes and Sh*t Gets Real
    Home, cook cook cook, so I have food for days; I have not been able to eat one of my staple meals (brown rice/grilled chicken/spinach/spices) for months, ever since I got food poisoning shortly after eating this meal and puked a LOT, but I decide it's time to stink it up and get used to eating it again b/c it's healthy, easy, useful, simple, and did I say healthy? it's just that, once you've vomited a meal multiple times, it's difficult to eat it *ever again*
    which is why tequila and I are not friends, but I digress
    To theater, to see Aladdin, which is *MUCH* better than I expect
    Home, nosh, Z soon
    FancyFeet likes this.
  19. j_alexandra

I get a kick out of the new software changing "sh*t" to "so what" but edited in the interest of clarity
  20. j_alexandra

deleted duplicate post