yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

yup....lovely...of all the crap that people type here and get by with....and I can't type s*ck?....when did s*ck become a bad word?....and stink is definately not an appropriate substitute for the context I was using

2. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Weather was beautiful yesterday.....

Long phone chat with best and oldest friend who is at the hospital with her husband who is fighting leukemia

Washed the car
    Weeded and watered flower beds
    Finally planted my sweet peas
    Trimmed back annoying blackberry shoots trying to re-invade my yard
    Did two loads of laundry
    Got my hair cut...finally
    Pickled some beets to add more veggies to my work snacks
    Bleached my hair
    DF and FB
    TV and kitty snuggles
    Bed

3. fascination

begin day the right day....linger in bed with dh...TGIF...get a full 12 hours of sleep ...divine...teach spin at 9 and y get moving at 10:30...hit kohls and the drug store for this and that.....practice a bit as I have lessons next weekend...talk with disgruntled co-worker....turn phone off and tend to dishes and meal planning....anticipate that it will be another evening where I am out before 9

j_alexandra likes this.
  4. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Up early, head off to pre-op with dh.
    oh really? going to happen in his room? not the or? GREAT, he smiles.
    Meet with Dr.
    Head off to waiting room.
    Dr. comes in, cardio-conversion failed - shocked his heart 3 x.
    Advice - 30 more days on the drugs, try again.
    To say DH is disappointed is an understatement - he sleeps on and off at home most of day.
    Up early the next day, note to self pissy Norwegian DH is "back" - fed up with everything - he exercises, rides his bike, helps me clean house,
    I take him to new Chiropractor for us - we both get adjusted - he was GREAT!
    Learn from Chiro's wife - she also has A-Fib - DH and her talk..
    DH feels better than he has in months (his back and such).
    We go to car show - he's realizing the order of "no exercise" has cost him oodles in walking and weight control.
    AHHHHHH THERE HE IS,,,back on track and still in A-Fib. Good for you Babe!

5. fascination

3w...this does not sound like much fun...sorry

6. fascination

sat.....can't remember when I got up, but had coffee and made a grocery list for dh and a "to-do" list for the weekend...drive to hot yoga.....zomg...very hot in there and a tough class to boot....think I lost more water there than during childbirth...take about 2 hours to return to a normal state of being....finish watching yoga online cert. then spend some time training on power pump dvds for the new schedule next week....these two things soak up the bulk of my day....practice......cook turkey tacos...sit outside by chimnea for a bit then watch a 2 1/2 hour documentary on Bob Marley...which was fascinating...also, dtr calls to say she may have found "the dress" (a white Reem Acra with a blush under bodice, illusion neckline, layered tulle ballgown)...I never would have envisioned that for her, but she is so tiny that it is the only sort of style that looks light and airy on her and makes her face light up....she and her beau also have a food tasting at the end of the month so we may be in pretty darned good shape by the end of this summer...I really like this vendor and the food plan...it will be half upscale comfort food for the relatives who are accustomed to a Polish sit down dinner, and half Indian for the vegetarians in the crowd....we have the church and the museum venues secured, we have the decor planned and a deposit down there....I have my dress, it seems like she may have found hers, and since they have selected the the food vendor and most of the menu, they just need to do some tastings and we need to pay the deposit...if we can knock out the lighting vendor(venue has an exclusive vendor for the lighting who works with the florist/decor people and we want uplighting in at least two of her colors), the dj(wish they would get a band, but not my wedding), and the photographer (these venues are too awesome to just trust that sort of thing to chance), we will be in pretty good shape...we want to get all of that done before this Summer b/c her fiance has an internship out of town this Summer, and she is completely unavailable during marching band season....I am also relieved because we have navigated a difficult conversation with her finances' mom to inquire about rehearsal dinner, and we have also got some pretty solid plans for showers...I am trying to avoid the last minute mayhem....so far, so good :)

7. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

If the wedding were fall 2014, I'd say you were pretty well avoiding last minute mayhem. Fall 2015? I nominate you for Mad Planning Skilz Queen.

Sania and SwayWithMe like this.
  8. 3wishes

Wedding countdown Fas!,,,check lists checks lists,,,on an checkbook,,,lol, wink.
    Car show, lunch, pick up our grandson and see the Amazing SpiderMan in 3-d...ice cream, Barnes and Noble
    Drop off grandson.
    Select new texture for built-in pool, coping and tile,,decide to get rid of the steps and remodel to a Shelf with an Umbrella so we can sit in pool with kids and they can enjoy deep end as well.
    YEA!
    Watch a "b" flick - Machete - hahahaha, reminds me of early Clint Eastwood benders.
    Nighty night.

9. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Well-Known Member

Ignored my 6am RunKeeper alert and slept until 8:30. It's been a busy few weeks, and I really needed it.
    9:30-11 Aerial Silks at the studio. Haven't done this in a while, but made some progress due to things I've been working on in the meantime.
    Home to change, quick smoothie.
    Youngest DD broke a strap on her changing leotard at Fri night rehearsal, so out to find replacement. Empty spot in the first shop I tried, so this took much longer than it should have.

Funny -- the sales clerk was amused at how happy I was to find the silly straps. Explained it was for a leotard for show that night. She asked which ballet company I was with. Bc I totally look like a ballerina?!? LOLZ

Home, wrestled fighting daughters down for a nap.
    Fed youngest DD, did her hair, dropped her off at the theatre.
    Met DH, other kids, ILs and family friends for dinner.
    8pm local ballet company's "The Little Mermaid." Youngest was hilarious as coral reef -- such a ham!
    10:30 home, kiddos to bed
    10:45 message from cousin in Australia about ailing uncle. Call my mother to make sure she's heard, luckily she was still awake!
    11:30 nighty night!

10. dancelvr

Well, you DO kinda totally look like a ballerina! :)

3wishes, j_alexandra and SwayWithMe like this.
  11. SwayWithMe

Thanks, but I think I'm rather too curvy for that!

I *was* told "too much ballet and ballroom!" while working on Rhythm with a visiting coach last summer...

3wishes and dancelvr like this.
  12. fascination

sun...wake around 8:30...soak in tub....practice...more taco fest...several hours of yard work....reasearch some pilates exercises....clean kitchen....more yard work....chat with son...work on afghan for daughter and watch tv...

13. dancelvr

No way! You are beautifully slender and as pretty or prettier than any ballerina I've ever met. Own it, girl! I'd kill to have your figure. :)

Last edited: May 5, 2014
    SwayWithMe likes this.
  14. SwayWithMe

Awww! You just made my day!:)

dancelvr likes this.
  15. fascination

teach pilates, core, yoga fusion at 8...get oil change, talk with friend..eat....sleep a good deal...deal with dtr's wedding scheduling....see engaged couples....talk with another friend...attend water board/town council mtg to support dh....more food...out soon

j_alexandra likes this.
  16. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

I got so depressed when Teach disappeared for 3 weeks' recuperation from a health issue, I can't really say what's happened for the past month. But I've been fantastically busy, working, going to theater, dealing with family and their Issues, dealing with friends and their Issues, dealing with the X and his Issues, and finally getting back to the studio. Since April 8, I've been home 3 nights. That's effing busy. So I feel numb. But I've seen some great theater.

Back to studio has been bliss. And useful. How weird is *that*.

17. fascination

wake at 7 ....teach pilates, core and yoga fusion at 10....home to sleep....tan...deal with wedding food vendor issues....feed animals....teach PYC again at 4, power pump at 5,and cycling at 6...talk with son who has an interview with a firm for prospective work after graduation....tired...and to bed soon

18. fascination

doing today now as I am nearly done....teach 8am pilates, yoga, core fusion....home to navigat e bit more wedding stuff and pet care....chat with a co-worker, do some mending for dh.....cook dinner early for dh....nap...teach kickbox...touch base with dh....bed soon

19. 3wishes

Cruised through various voluntering opportunities with DH,
    Westside German Shepard "no kill" rescue, GreatDane Rescue, Volunteers In National Parks, Plant A Row, and our very favorite Operation Homefront - while he also figures out what path to take with the American Legion.
    We discuss the potential - of putting on a Dance, of sorts, to donate to Operation Homefront.
    DH motors down to our business - while I garden (AHHH - feels good after the rain).
    Go to park walk 3 miles - darn Fit Bit is keeping me honest - developing plan to start running again.
    Head off to lesson with Pro.
    Watch the bridge burn - on the 15 fwy - which cancels my plans to take stepdad to cardio Doctor. Had to laugh, it could only happen to me.
    DH comes home and heads straight to his bike. Rides - already lost 5 pounds, I'm pretty sure I found it.
    Trader Joe's, pick up marinated sirloin steak - Way Way good - DH says "buy more, let's freeze it"ok....my DH NEVER says things like that.
    Outside to visit with neighbors - talk to pool contractor - EXCITED! to fix/repair and modernize our pool.
    Neighbors ask about our new rooftop vents that replaced those ancient whirlybird turbine thingys, yes these work better and for the first time in 15 years I'm not busting a sweat when the house heats up from the sun. amazing.
    Receive cards and gifts from Oregondaughter and granddaughter - ahhhhhhhh - sweet way to end the day.

20. fascination

today/thurs....teach blast, tan, teach PYC....eat, sleep, go back and teach PYC again....and haul tubs of cookie dough to cars of people who purchased them at our fundraiser....bed soon