yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Husband could not bring Child to dance and pick her up because....?
  2. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

He ALSO went to the retirement dinner! (It's a mutual friend.) He DID come with me to bring Child to dance and then we went together up to the college for the dinner. I did the round trip to pick her up because he had had an alcoholic beverage.
  3. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

ah, good call.
  4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

wed...teach core, pilates, yoga fusion....home to run errnads for dh and pick up a few groceries....alsosome practice and other household tasks....teach kickbox in the evening.....lovely evening home alone with dh...not to be all gushy, but I really do feel so blessed to have been married nearly 29 years, dated 6 years before that, since I was 14, to someone I love, like and respect....life is good
    3wishes and j_alexandra like this.
  5. fascination

thurs...teach blast, teach PYC....take a jacuzzi...can't even remember the last time I soaked....not sure what else...wrote some checks, made some playlists...second PYC cancelled....too nice out...that time is going to bottom out for the summer...so I practiced....saw an engaged couple tonight.....they were fairly well adjusted....spoke with a buddy and also went over the results of the tastings today for dtr's wedding....looks as though the final menu will look like this;

appetizers;

tri color potato bar in martini glasses...brown sugar, small marshmellos and walnuts for the sweet potatoes, and bacon, bleu chz, etc for the other types (purple and yellow)
    keilbasa in puff pastry w/ stone ground mustard
    samosas
    specialty drink and open bar

dinner...wines at table
    caprese salad and bread including naan
    pumpkin bisque
    filet of beef with dauphinoise potatoes w/gruyere...beef topped with crunchy fried onions and a demi-glaze, geen beans
    or a vegetarian dish much like vegetable korma over saffron rice

dessert
    assorted pies; apple w/granola topping, pecan w/a bourbon caramel and pumpkin
    taffy apple bar
    coffee, chai and cider
  6. Sania

Sania Active Member

Sounds delicious and interesting!
  7. fascination

thanks.... it makes everyone happy...so all good
  8. ChaChaMama

WEDNESDAY:
    8:35--Arrive at work.
    9-1--FIRST YEAR SEMINAR TRAINING AND MEETING! (I am the director of the FYS program, so this was my baby.) It went off reasonably well! Yay!!!! (And huge relief to be done with this.)

Picked up Child at school.
    Got her ready for dance.
    Took her to dance.

Worked out.

Picked her up.

THURSDAY
    TMI alert, so feel free to skip this sentence--I had hoped for this to be primarily a day of relaxation, but girl cat has been puking forcefully, so spent a nice piece of the morning at the vet, as I am a little concerned she may have ingested something she should not have.

Read some of my Stokely: A Life book.

1-2:30--Meeting with Provost.

Home. Did some more reading.

Picked up cat. Radiologist thinks things look okay. Given various medicines to soothe cat stomach and a $500 vet bill.

Watched part of the results show from DWTS with Child. Note that we still have not gotten to the actual result, so don't tell me!!!
  9. fascination

fri....sleep in...teach cycling....run to kohl's for assorted event gift items, and to lowes for a few home improvement supplies...clean kitchen....wash some windows, re-seal the wooden table in the courtyard, mop the floor in the basement, do a load of laundry....make lists....tan....weed various areas of the yard....it is going to be an early night...I teach two classes in the morning and am committed to getting to hot yoga, which is foolish after teaching two classes...but I need it
  10. ChaChaMama

FRIDAY:
    Spent a nice chunk of the AM cleaning up in advance of the cleaning person...who then did not come.
    But that is okay. I got Husband to take a couple boxes of stuff to Goodwill, so at least that.
    Wrote in diary and read some.

That evening, College Investiture and Honors Ceremony. 1.5 hours. There is a party afterwards, but I was not in the mood.

SATURDAY
    Unfortunately, woke up before 6 AM. I've been doing this quite a bit of late.
    Wrote several mini-book reviews.

Made cookies for the graduation after-party.

Afternoon: Commencement. It was under 2 hours this year! That is unbelievable for my school. Last year it was 2 hrs, 49 minutes.

Evening: Old Main, the after-party.

SUNDAY:
    Truly relaxing morning of writing in my diary and reading.

Also watched the live stream of Blackpool RS Amateur Latin. Clever Husband hooked up an I-Pad to the big screen TV so we could watch it on that instead of a computer screen. Pretty spectacular. I have been a Tal fan for many years (and through several partnerships), so it was very cool to see him and his partner get such a spectacular result.

Went to the grocery store and made my bean, egg, tomato, bell pepper, onion, and parsley salad for...another potluck party with faculty, this time a going away party.
    I really like this faculty member, and it was good to get to see a retired colleague, and Child played very sweetly with the much younger son of another colleague who seemed like he would follow her to the ends of the earth if she asked him to.

That being said, two potluck parties in two days is a lot for me at this point. I really need some time to unwind at the end of the semester, and for me, unwinding does not involve potlucks with work friends two days in a row over a three day weekend! Still, this colleague is giving up tenure and moving to Atlanta and I def wanted to say goodbye, so I bucked up and did my best to put on my party mood.

My husband had a pretty good convo with my younger colleague who has the office next to mine and is currently doing the commuter marriage thing. (Meaning jobs far enough away that you only see each other on weekends.) We did that from 1998-2001, so we have a lot of understanding of that life and the bizarre things people say to you when you are doing it.
    stash likes this.
  11. fascination

saturday; teach blast, then 50/50 then drive out to hot yoga, which was 110....thank good ness she focus on hamstrings a bunch and I have a lot of flexibility there wo it wasn't intolerable on every front......leave there drained but feeling awesome....have a large lunch and a nap...I honestly don't remember the rest except that son came home...he is sick and tired at the end of a law school semester....oh yea, I made two dishes to pass for my dad's cook out

sunday...go to my dad's cookout.....slightly more tolerable than usual...though the new home and the new wife always make it feel like going to visit acquaintances now rather than family...but it is good to see him since he now spends 8 months a year in Florida...we stayed 3 hours and she complained that they never see us...um yea, well, don't leave the last week of September and come home the first week of May.....it's really just a passive aggressive way of saying we should stay longer even though, trust me, she realy doesn't want us there...but she does like to point out what she percieves to be our lack of interest in my dad....but we didn't bite and we didn't have to de-compress for very long afterward...so that's progress....probably because, the minute we got into our neighborhood, after the hour drive home, dh's caddy began to sputter and stall and hemorrage most if not all of it's fluids ...so we spend next two hours walking home, calling AAA, driving other cars to mechanic to write up repair slips, because we were going to take son's car in as well....love.....this is what happens when you have three cars with over 130, 00 miles on them....and there won't be a change in that until tuition is paid and VEW (very expensive wedding) occurs.....we all take late naps after that... as there were gin and tonics at the family event and it was hot outside.....
  12. fascination

monday...practice, shower, drive to a cookout in the city with work associates of dh's....lovely time....dhand son currently playing star fluxx....I loathe games like that....and bed will be soon
  13. fascination

take dh to train at 6 b/c his car is in shop...teach PYC, take son to lunch and kohls for some father's day stuff and interview clothhing, nap and lunch,teach PYC again, then power pump, then cycle....eat...play withh cats and clip their nails, feed all animals....listen to dh and son shop talk...watch Little Couple....crochet...bed now
  14. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Geez, where do I start?
    Met with pool construction company, nixed current start date when we learned that for 30 days we are not to heat the water, that would scratch almost our entire summer of swimming, so going to start in September instead.
    Make plans with Texas and Oregon daughters - to meet up in Eugene with ALL THE GRANDCHILDREN,,,that would be 6 adults, 9 kids - new house of 5 bed/3bath...and lovely chaos that will happen. YEA???!!!!
    Plans made to take all of them to Tillamook Cheese Factory and Powell Book Store. They all read, real books. Not computerized books. Books printed on paper. They like the "feel" of holding books and reading.
    Planning for husbands second CardioConversion, joined StopAFib.com learned ALOT. New plan, learn to live with it and options.
    Daughter calls, van dies...uh oh. Plan immediate plans to drive her our other car...soon.
    Business goes nuts with calls in the record breaking heat wave at the beach. Still trying to catch up.
    Return to ballroom dance lessons...much needed release and focus...who knew this could be soooooo what I needed after the last 6 months.
    Purchase Fit-Bit, make sure I'm getting 10,000 a day now. WOW, it's keeping be honest...at least for now.
  15. fascination

coffee, teach PYC, grocery shop, teach spin, home to make tacos and feed pets...eat, nap, plan evening class, teach cardio kick, eat more tacos....think I may finally have grown sick of them...which would be a blessing.....lots of iced tea....imagining that bed will come early
  16. fascination

teach blast, meet with boss, teach PYC...home to lunch....fetch dh's car from the mechanic....no idea yet what is up with son's car....spend some time pitching his web business to my boss....it combines online shopping with charitable giving....go back to work and teach PYC again....home to a badly needed soak.....watch "dispicable me 2" because I thought it might be fun....both of the guys were sound asleep before 9
  17. fascination

saturday....teach blast....drive to south bend for nephew's baseball game....harrowing....his pitchhing almost lost them the game...then drove to inlaws for first visit since their return from florida......

sunday...write bills, clean kitchen and vacuum, do a ton of yardwork....cook for the men folk :)....practice.....not sure what else but was busy the entire day
  18. fascination

monday...teach one class...then proceed to be virtually useless the rest of the day...cigars and sambuca in the evening with dh and son....paying for it today
  19. fascination

tues....teach pyc at 10....go to bank, home improvement store and bass pro for various items....back to gym to teach 5 and 6...power pump and cycling...out soon thereafter

wed...teach pyc....lunch with dad...home to practice and plan new classes...chat with a friend...other odds and ends
  20. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Active Member

Tues
    6 Cook rice pudding for DD1's Spanish class
    8 Drop DS and DD1 at school
    8:15 Drop DD2 at her school
    Home briefly for housework
    9 second day of a group fitness class I'm new to. Still love it.
    Home, shower and eat
    11 lesson w coach
    12, 1 lessons w pro
    2 practice w partner
    2:45 pickup DD2, drop her at 3pm piano lesson
    Home briefly to let dog out and make a start on dinner
    3:30 pickup DS and DD1, take them to piano
    write notes from lessons
    Take DD2 to ballet ready for 5pm class
    Back to piano, collect other two, back to ballet for 5:45 pickup. Ballet teacher informs me that I need to stick around during Thurs class. LOL
    6 home, make dinner
    7:30 DH leaves for a few days out of town for work
    After 9, DD1 finally asleep, but DD2 is very anxious about the upcoming last day of school and still talking a mile a minute. Had hoped to sneak out and leave DS in charge while I danced a little WCS, but no such luck. Read.