yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

SATURDAY:
    -Grading, grading, grading.
    -Packing!
    -Working out.
    -Picked up Child from dance and drove to NJ, stopping at Panera (again!) on the way.
    -Arrived at my parents. Belated celebration of my bday, which was 12 days earlier.

SUNDAY:
    MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Picnic lunch and stroll at Grounds for Sculpture, which is having a big Seward Johnson retrospective. Beautiful weather and fabulous day. Child also got in some swimming along with her baby cousin. I took quite a few photos of baby and Child, baby and Mom's dog, and all of us at the sculpture garden. YAY, YAY, YAY!!!

My Mom is not in the best of shape, but did not need to be on oxygen all the time, so better than I was expecting. Oh, and she got up to 100 lbs while we were there! That has been a big goal. She is still severely underweight (she's 5' 7"), but it's an improvement...and it's really good to see her making the effort!!!

The drive home was easy too!

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

mon...teach pilates, core, yoga...practice, prep for other classes....spend the entire day getting stuff done, but no memory of it today....oh well

3. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Hear from dear son, who hauled, for the first time, his Toy Hauler totally loaded to Arches National Park, where instead of 80 degree weather there is snow, sleet, rain and hail. 15 others with him agree, have to laugh.
    Hear from son again at the Delicate Arche - SHE SAID YES!, we are thrilled.
    Hear from son an hour later "my phone is blowing up, my sister announced what happened - quick mom - beat her on FB" - ohhh for the love of brothers and sisters.
    Husband assists me in yards - Home Depot - cars - etc, then is set on cleaning garage..me? not so much..the garage that is.
    We talk about his Wednesday heart exam appt, and the potential of living with this...not something he ever anticipated.
    Hear from "buyer" of our store - YES~! cannot wait for full retirement...potentially in July.
    Start looking at travel...WAIT,,,what? uhhhh, we laughed so hard,,,,there is a honeymoon to pay for in the near future...so another detour but a fun one.
    Hear from my career mentor, her daughter and SIL Gabby and Greg will be on the cover of Food and Wine July issue as some of the top 40 new chefs in the states. Really? THey currently launched, run and cook - Ox in Portland, Oregon (Fascination has had the pleasure of eating there).
    Flashback to Gabby wearing braces and graduating 8th grade...and watching her grow into a wonderful woman (loved their restaurant on Maui so glad they moved to the mainland).
    I know, shameless plug...but so what.
    DH and I finish putting together a rubbermaid outdoor cabinet,,,and start looking around for new pool chairs,,,potentially the ones that can sit in the water since we are installing a Baja Shelf in the pool...This is gonna be fun!~

fascination likes this.
  4. fascination

tuesday and wednesday were simply; teach many fitness classes, eat and sleep...today will be 5 fitness classes as well....there will not be much else

5. fascination

fri...only taught one class today as opposed to 5 yesterday...which is good b/c it was humid and I am DONE....staff cookout, grocery shopping...tan and highlight hair because I am sick of looking like I live in siberia...and dh had to massage everything last night because my muscles are so sore.....set up engaged couples for appointments...talked with afew friends, cooked...good practices as well...did laundry so that I have clothes for lessons and work tomo

6. ChaChaMama

MONDAY--Graded stuff and took my first year seminar kids out to lunch. Took Child to dance.

TUESDAY--Graded lots of stuff and had a department meeting followed by an Academic Planning Committee meeting. I will chair that committee next year. Took Child to dance.

WEDNESDAY--Gave TWO finals and really graded lots of stuff. Worked out.

THURSDAY--Husband left very early in AM for teaching junket in FL. He tried not to wake me up but he did, which made me all the more exhausted when my alarm went off. Exam week is tough under the best of circumstances. Graded lots of stuff and had my own dance lesson.

FRIDAY--Graded lots of stuff and finally finished up. DONE with Spring 2014 grading! Still have three work projects which are now coming off the back burner, but better than having a ton of grading AND three work projects.

SATURDAY--Woke up at 6:03 AM thinking "Grading! No, wait...dang it!" Realized that I was not going to get back to sleep, though, so I got up and took the dog out.
    9 AM--Parent hip-hop rehearsal. Got some new choreography. We are adding a section to a little piece of Iggy Azalea's "Fancy," then the dads do a section to a brief segment from "Bringing Sexy Back," and then the whole crew will come back on stage for a section to a little piece of "Turn Down for What?"
    Rushed back to hometown to get Child signed up for summer swim team.
    Rushed back to the studio as Child and the rest of the mini and junior teams were performing at a local school's spring fair. Take her there. Watch the performances. Take her back.
    Home and finally got to breathe a bit. Read Peniel Joseph's biography of Stokely Carmichael.
    Picked up Child.
    Took the dog on the walk. Interesting dog fact: someone had left an old vacuum cleaner at the neighborhood trash pick up area down on the corner, and the dog barked and barked at it. I always thought our dog didn't like the cleaning lady, but maybe it's the vacuum cleaner he dislikes.
    Read some more, hot bath, to bed on the early side with Child. Child talks a lot in her sleep, and very distinctly too.

7. fascination

ccm: I have a cat who will hid in the mud room behhind my husband's golf clubs or behind the dryer and will not come out unless/until I fetch her every single time that I vacuum....

saturday...teach a fitness class, drive to lessons....4 lessons....glory, glory...enjoying ownership of my dancing, focusing on connection, new choreo, applying what I already know, and gaining new information as well...additionally appreciating a freedom in approach....off to a good margarita and an night in a hotel because I have a wedding shower nearby today...concluding that I miss the night in a hotel as much as I miss the more frequent lessons....

Purr and nikkitta like this.
  8. fascination

sunday....drive from lessons to south bend where I have a family bridal shower for a cousin...also go to cemetary, and garden shop...drive home, plant flowers and sip wine by chimnea with dh....:cool:

monday...teach pilates, core and yoga fusion...eat and nap, yard work, plan evening class, download music, pet care and practice, teach cardio kickbox...currently vegetative

9. fascination

tues....sleep in...teach pyc at 10, various odds and ends around home....teach pyc at 4 and mentor a young women who suddenly finds herself penniless and getting a divorce with a toddler...teach power pump at 5 and cycle at 6....home to power outages...bed soon

10. ChaChaMama

SUNDAY--Write in diary. Take Child and one of her BFFs to the zoo.

MONDAY--Knock tasks off to do list.
    Spend some time with Husband, who is just back from a 4 day business trip.
    Read.
    Take Child to dance.
    Watch DWTS.

TUESDAY--(Which it still is, but not for long....)
    Do some preparation for tomorrow's 4 hour meeting.
    10--Pre-meeting first year team meeting.
    Do some more preparation work.
    Home, late lunch, read.

Grocery store.
    Get Child ready for dance and deliver her to the studio 1.5 hrs before class, because

6-on--Retirement dinner for a good friend.
    Skedaddle back to the studio to pick her at 8:15, but make it back before the retirement speech and video for my friend. :)

11. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Husband could not bring Child to dance and pick her up because....?

12. ChaChaMama

He ALSO went to the retirement dinner! (It's a mutual friend.) He DID come with me to bring Child to dance and then we went together up to the college for the dinner. I did the round trip to pick her up because he had had an alcoholic beverage.

13. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

ah, good call.

14. fascination

wed...teach core, pilates, yoga fusion....home to run errnads for dh and pick up a few groceries....alsosome practice and other household tasks....teach kickbox in the evening.....lovely evening home alone with dh...not to be all gushy, but I really do feel so blessed to have been married nearly 29 years, dated 6 years before that, since I was 14, to someone I love, like and respect....life is good

3wishes and j_alexandra like this.
  15. fascination

thurs...teach blast, teach PYC....take a jacuzzi...can't even remember the last time I soaked....not sure what else...wrote some checks, made some playlists...second PYC cancelled....too nice out...that time is going to bottom out for the summer...so I practiced....saw an engaged couple tonight.....they were fairly well adjusted....spoke with a buddy and also went over the results of the tastings today for dtr's wedding....looks as though the final menu will look like this;

appetizers;

tri color potato bar in martini glasses...brown sugar, small marshmellos and walnuts for the sweet potatoes, and bacon, bleu chz, etc for the other types (purple and yellow)
    keilbasa in puff pastry w/ stone ground mustard
    samosas
    specialty drink and open bar

dinner...wines at table
    caprese salad and bread including naan
    pumpkin bisque
    filet of beef with dauphinoise potatoes w/gruyere...beef topped with crunchy fried onions and a demi-glaze, geen beans
    or a vegetarian dish much like vegetable korma over saffron rice

dessert
    assorted pies; apple w/granola topping, pecan w/a bourbon caramel and pumpkin
    taffy apple bar
    coffee, chai and cider

16. Sania

Sania Well-Known Member

Sounds delicious and interesting!

17. fascination

thanks.... it makes everyone happy...so all good

18. ChaChaMama

WEDNESDAY:
    8:35--Arrive at work.
    9-1--FIRST YEAR SEMINAR TRAINING AND MEETING! (I am the director of the FYS program, so this was my baby.) It went off reasonably well! Yay!!!! (And huge relief to be done with this.)

Picked up Child at school.
    Got her ready for dance.
    Took her to dance.

Worked out.

Picked her up.

THURSDAY
    TMI alert, so feel free to skip this sentence--I had hoped for this to be primarily a day of relaxation, but girl cat has been puking forcefully, so spent a nice piece of the morning at the vet, as I am a little concerned she may have ingested something she should not have.

Read some of my Stokely: A Life book.

1-2:30--Meeting with Provost.

Home. Did some more reading.

Picked up cat. Radiologist thinks things look okay. Given various medicines to soothe cat stomach and a $500 vet bill.

Watched part of the results show from DWTS with Child. Note that we still have not gotten to the actual result, so don't tell me!!!

19. fascination

fri....sleep in...teach cycling....run to kohl's for assorted event gift items, and to lowes for a few home improvement supplies...clean kitchen....wash some windows, re-seal the wooden table in the courtyard, mop the floor in the basement, do a load of laundry....make lists....tan....weed various areas of the yard....it is going to be an early night...I teach two classes in the morning and am committed to getting to hot yoga, which is foolish after teaching two classes...but I need it

20. ChaChaMama

FRIDAY:
    Spent a nice chunk of the AM cleaning up in advance of the cleaning person...who then did not come.
    But that is okay. I got Husband to take a couple boxes of stuff to Goodwill, so at least that.
    Wrote in diary and read some.

That evening, College Investiture and Honors Ceremony. 1.5 hours. There is a party afterwards, but I was not in the mood.

SATURDAY
    Unfortunately, woke up before 6 AM. I've been doing this quite a bit of late.
    Wrote several mini-book reviews.

Made cookies for the graduation after-party.

Afternoon: Commencement. It was under 2 hours this year! That is unbelievable for my school. Last year it was 2 hrs, 49 minutes.

Evening: Old Main, the after-party.

SUNDAY:
    Truly relaxing morning of writing in my diary and reading.

Also watched the live stream of Blackpool RS Amateur Latin. Clever Husband hooked up an I-Pad to the big screen TV so we could watch it on that instead of a computer screen. Pretty spectacular. I have been a Tal fan for many years (and through several partnerships), so it was very cool to see him and his partner get such a spectacular result.

Went to the grocery store and made my bean, egg, tomato, bell pepper, onion, and parsley salad for...another potluck party with faculty, this time a going away party.
    I really like this faculty member, and it was good to get to see a retired colleague, and Child played very sweetly with the much younger son of another colleague who seemed like he would follow her to the ends of the earth if she asked him to.

That being said, two potluck parties in two days is a lot for me at this point. I really need some time to unwind at the end of the semester, and for me, unwinding does not involve potlucks with work friends two days in a row over a three day weekend! Still, this colleague is giving up tenure and moving to Atlanta and I def wanted to say goodbye, so I bucked up and did my best to put on my party mood.

My husband had a pretty good convo with my younger colleague who has the office next to mine and is currently doing the commuter marriage thing. (Meaning jobs far enough away that you only see each other on weekends.) We did that from 1998-2001, so we have a lot of understanding of that life and the bizarre things people say to you when you are doing it.

stash likes this.