yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

saturday; teach blast, then 50/50 then drive out to hot yoga, which was 110....thank good ness she focus on hamstrings a bunch and I have a lot of flexibility there wo it wasn't intolerable on every front......leave there drained but feeling awesome....have a large lunch and a nap...I honestly don't remember the rest except that son came home...he is sick and tired at the end of a law school semester....oh yea, I made two dishes to pass for my dad's cook out

sunday...go to my dad's cookout.....slightly more tolerable than usual...though the new home and the new wife always make it feel like going to visit acquaintances now rather than family...but it is good to see him since he now spends 8 months a year in Florida...we stayed 3 hours and she complained that they never see us...um yea, well, don't leave the last week of September and come home the first week of May.....it's really just a passive aggressive way of saying we should stay longer even though, trust me, she realy doesn't want us there...but she does like to point out what she percieves to be our lack of interest in my dad....but we didn't bite and we didn't have to de-compress for very long afterward...so that's progress....probably because, the minute we got into our neighborhood, after the hour drive home, dh's caddy began to sputter and stall and hemorrage most if not all of it's fluids ...so we spend next two hours walking home, calling AAA, driving other cars to mechanic to write up repair slips, because we were going to take son's car in as well....love.....this is what happens when you have three cars with over 130, 00 miles on them....and there won't be a change in that until tuition is paid and VEW (very expensive wedding) occurs.....we all take late naps after that... as there were gin and tonics at the family event and it was hot outside.....

2. fascination

monday...practice, shower, drive to a cookout in the city with work associates of dh's....lovely time....dhand son currently playing star fluxx....I loathe games like that....and bed will be soon

3. fascination

take dh to train at 6 b/c his car is in shop...teach PYC, take son to lunch and kohls for some father's day stuff and interview clothhing, nap and lunch,teach PYC again, then power pump, then cycle....eat...play withh cats and clip their nails, feed all animals....listen to dh and son shop talk...watch Little Couple....crochet...bed now

4. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Geez, where do I start?
    Met with pool construction company, nixed current start date when we learned that for 30 days we are not to heat the water, that would scratch almost our entire summer of swimming, so going to start in September instead.
    Make plans with Texas and Oregon daughters - to meet up in Eugene with ALL THE GRANDCHILDREN,,,that would be 6 adults, 9 kids - new house of 5 bed/3bath...and lovely chaos that will happen. YEA???!!!!
    Plans made to take all of them to Tillamook Cheese Factory and Powell Book Store. They all read, real books. Not computerized books. Books printed on paper. They like the "feel" of holding books and reading.
    Planning for husbands second CardioConversion, joined StopAFib.com learned ALOT. New plan, learn to live with it and options.
    Daughter calls, van dies...uh oh. Plan immediate plans to drive her our other car...soon.
    Business goes nuts with calls in the record breaking heat wave at the beach. Still trying to catch up.
    Return to ballroom dance lessons...much needed release and focus...who knew this could be soooooo what I needed after the last 6 months.
    Purchase Fit-Bit, make sure I'm getting 10,000 a day now. WOW, it's keeping be honest...at least for now.

5. fascination

coffee, teach PYC, grocery shop, teach spin, home to make tacos and feed pets...eat, nap, plan evening class, teach cardio kick, eat more tacos....think I may finally have grown sick of them...which would be a blessing.....lots of iced tea....imagining that bed will come early

6. fascination

teach blast, meet with boss, teach PYC...home to lunch....fetch dh's car from the mechanic....no idea yet what is up with son's car....spend some time pitching his web business to my boss....it combines online shopping with charitable giving....go back to work and teach PYC again....home to a badly needed soak.....watch "dispicable me 2" because I thought it might be fun....both of the guys were sound asleep before 9

7. fascination

saturday....teach blast....drive to south bend for nephew's baseball game....harrowing....his pitchhing almost lost them the game...then drove to inlaws for first visit since their return from florida......

sunday...write bills, clean kitchen and vacuum, do a ton of yardwork....cook for the men folk :)....practice.....not sure what else but was busy the entire day

8. fascination

monday...teach one class...then proceed to be virtually useless the rest of the day...cigars and sambuca in the evening with dh and son....paying for it today

9. fascination

tues....teach pyc at 10....go to bank, home improvement store and bass pro for various items....back to gym to teach 5 and 6...power pump and cycling...out soon thereafter

wed...teach pyc....lunch with dad...home to practice and plan new classes...chat with a friend...other odds and ends

10. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Well-Known Member

Tues
    6 Cook rice pudding for DD1's Spanish class
    8 Drop DS and DD1 at school
    8:15 Drop DD2 at her school
    Home briefly for housework
    9 second day of a group fitness class I'm new to. Still love it.
    Home, shower and eat
    11 lesson w coach
    12, 1 lessons w pro
    2 practice w partner
    2:45 pickup DD2, drop her at 3pm piano lesson
    Home briefly to let dog out and make a start on dinner
    3:30 pickup DS and DD1, take them to piano
    write notes from lessons
    Take DD2 to ballet ready for 5pm class
    Back to piano, collect other two, back to ballet for 5:45 pickup. Ballet teacher informs me that I need to stick around during Thurs class. LOL
    6 home, make dinner
    7:30 DH leaves for a few days out of town for work
    After 9, DD1 finally asleep, but DD2 is very anxious about the upcoming last day of school and still talking a mile a minute. Had hoped to sneak out and leave DS in charge while I danced a little WCS, but no such luck. Read.

11. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Friday-Sunday--25th College Reunion!!!

Sunday--Fly home for Child's dance photos in costumes and dance banquet.

Monday--Husband flies to Phoenix early in the AM. ENG placement exam day. Read over 80 exams. I got very sick of certain errors, up to and including:
    "could of" (instead of could have)
    "Asian decent" instead of "Asian descent"

Grocery store, picked up Child at school, took her to dance, home for an hour, parent hip-hop rehearsal, collapsed.

Tuesday--First year team meeting.
    Lessons with Nik!
    Pick up Child.
    Parent hip-hop rehearsal, Child's dance class.

Wednesday--Finally a relax and recover day...and a good thing, as the dog woke me up multiple times in the night.
    Read. I've started reading a new book, Michelle Alexander's The New Jim Crow. It came highly recommended by a friend.
    8 miles on treadmill.
    Picked up Child.
    Took her to dance.
    Read. Talked to my sister on the phone.

12. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Well-Known Member

Wed
    8 Drop DS and DD1 at school
    8:15 Drop DD2 at her school
    9 fitness class. Still love it!
    Home, shower, housework
    11:40 pickup weeping DD2 from school. Last day of 3rd grade, this year's and last year's wonderful teachers are moving to different schools next year, so she's bereft.
    Home, lunch, DD2 "not hungry" so we take it with us to the studio
    1 practice w partner
    2 coaching w partner
    3:30 pickup DS and DD1 from school. They are very hot and thirsty after PE out in 90 degree weather. DD2 still "not hungry"
    4-6 Kids class at the studio
    Write notes from coaching, attend to various emails and stuff. Comfort DD2 who comes out of class weeping about school teachers again. I'm tired and don't make it to the practice room, which is just pathetic.
    Home, make dinner. Sad DD2 still "not hungry"
    8:30 DD2's "lights out" time. Oh, wait! She's hungry... LOL
    Currently enjoying summer evening sounds through open windows, including quite nice music from next door neighbour who is out in his hammock playing guitar. Mmmm. :)

13. fascination

teach a fitness class, breakfast, teach another, lunch....drive to the city and park in neighborhood where we used to live, walk to the dentist to have crown put on...should be simple and pain free...isn't....drive home and take motrin....neck arm and back begins to hurt from power pump on tuesday...apply more motrin...spend evening chatting with son about about his latest extended dream and how also taking a few concrete steps to be employed in the near future would be a better place for him to direct his energies....make sure that I send him out on an errand so that I can prepare dh for that and get a drink in him before son returns.....son is at the end of his second week of being here due to a complicated car repair...we are beginning to miss our empty nest much as we love him....but we can also see that because he is single and in transition, he has really needed this time with us....parenting never ends...in fact, it becomes even more critical

14. 3wishes

UGH, where have I been? allow me to mush this together.
    Variety of appts with Dear Husband preparing for second CardioConversion attempt. Joined two AFib groups on-line, educated ourselves, learning to live with it and adjust. Stopped the What-If's...no sense in going there anymore. Planned with Brother-In-Law his move to Emmett Idaho (YIPPEEEE a free place for me to stay just 2 hours from ski resort). Husband gives brother rasing...about being a sput or "ho-ho" as he will now be called. We discover husband's roots, seriously in Quebec Canada and there is evidence! Now planning future trip to Koumaski? Canada where his "first" north American ancestor settled in 1637. We discuss to Loire France where this person came from....exciting thoughts are discussed. Lessons with pro, having to remember patterns, change patterns, is a challenge while doing other things. Grandson askes to return to studio...gotta plan that one. Grandson also informs "papa" that he has read the entire Whimpy Kid series and now wants to read Judy Moody. Yep, he's a reader and a Lego builder at this point. I check out some new recipes and such. Go through closets yet again, ok, really....how does this stuff creep into the house. Thanks to VA donation pick up,,,just cannot deal with Yard Sales at this stage in life. Out to dinner with DS's future in-laws at Hillstone Santa Monica. LOVELY evening, lots of laughter. Make plans to fly back home from Austin after driving daughters car from here to there. Go through ALOT of surprise dental work due to sharp sensation in upper jaw. AND I AM STILL feeling all kinds of referred pain. SOOO not fun. Set out things for day trip to hospital with DH. Maybe I can get a glimpse of California Chrome working out at Santa Anita from DH's hospital room...ahhhhhh thoughts and more thoughts.

15. fascination

taught cycling.....pretty much spent the rest of the day trying to medicate/nurse a fairly incapacitating pinched nerve in my back/neck/radiating down my left arm...and I am left handed...but the good news is that son's car is finally repaired...so, after he golfs with dh tomo we may have the house back to ourselves until...dtr comes home monday for a few days...note to self; savor this...you miss them all of the time....just hard right now b/c I am hurting and have lots to do and have other health issues going on as well that probably need to be looked into...will spare you all of those details....just hoping to be functional enough for lessons on sunday...will happily endure any misery until then if I can have that...

16. fascination

teach a fitness class with horrible cramps and the pinched nerve in my neck.....tan....drive to chicago...go through the various nightmares associated with trying to park in the gold coast on a beautiful saturday ....visit 4th bridal shop....put deposit down on "the dress".....she looks beautiful in it....it is an oscar de la renta ballgown...celebratory dinner with margaritas...drive home...exhausted...bed early b/c I have to leave for lessons around 630 am tomo...son has left to go back to bloomington...I missed hugging him goodbye and I hate that...but it will be nice to have one day alone with dh before dtr comes home for a few days....why is summer always so crazy?

3wishes likes this.
  17. 3wishes

Early to Methodist Hospital Arcadia. Doctor checks in, everything is snap snap snap, very efficient. more than other places we've been.
    DH admits to Electro-Physicist Cardiologist he's nervous. really nervous. They talk.
    He gets wheeled away, kids call wishing him well.
    Doctor comes in some time later, with a Thumbs UP. DH converted to normal sinus heart rhythm on the first shock. However, this was done differently than last time. I'm so relieved I jumped up and HUGGED HIM - thank you can't say enough. Doctor laughed, replied "your welcome but I had no doubt about this at all, ever". WHEW.
    Discharged - new instructions - a different medication - follow up appt made.
    We go home, very happy, very relieved - this has been a long 90 days. LONG is an understatement.
    Neighbors, friends and family - tons of calls, texts, good thoughts received.
    Finish packing for road trip to Austin, YES if your wondering - he's perfectly ok for this road trip.
    DD calls - informs us GS#1 is not only on all-stars but he's doing great and there's a chance if the team wins we can see his game in Smithville on Monday evening.
    We are very pleased and excited.
    Head over to studio to drop some things off with Pro, he gives huge hug, he's expressively happy about the success of the procedure for us. All is good.
    Early to bed - emotionally exhausted...it's a good time to fall asleep early. Gotta hit the road, and I'm driving the first segment. Savor this victory and make sure he puts lotion on those marvelous paddle burns on his chest and back while I'm driving. YIPEEEE.

18. fascination

that is GREAT to hear 3w

19. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

Hope that everything remains positive 3wishes.

20. 3wishes

thank you and thank you and thank you to the private PM's and msgs (yes, you lurkers how there, I got you msg(s) as well through the grapevine) tee hee.
    Up at normal morning time, rummage through house, DH eats breakfast and proceeds to be a "normal" person now.
    I drive to Tucson, he takes over to Deming New Mexico.
    Conversations vary, he expresses his relief, joy and utter amazement that electricity can fix this...and starts laughing.
    YEP, tazing can be a good thing at times, I agree.
    It's a quick drive this time with good weather.
    DD keeps us informed about the All Star game GS#1 is involved in. They win! That means we get to see the next game for the winners bracket Monday night in Smithville Texas. Won't GS be surprised - the kids don't know we are on our way.
    Temps hit 104 in places - yet it's a, darn it, DRY heat. hahahaha.
    We watch the King's Ice Hockey go into OT 2x. And rejoice at the winning goal.
    It's a good night to end a great day. Rejoice in the small things and let the other things go....just be,,,in the moment, in the hour, in the day. Just be.
    I finish Jennifer's Way - her journey through Celiac disease, which resonates with me and DH as our family members have this and our methods of cooking have completely changed. We laughed at her paragraphs, cried at others, and decided to buy more copies of this book for DH's sister and her family.
    Nighty Night

sbrnsmith likes this.