yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

again, just delightedfor you, 3w

sunday....lessons...so lucky .....so fortunate...great dance life, great personal life......neck pain almost gone....no snow....win

2. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Arrive at DD's house. The kids all have BIG EYES,,like,,,are our grandparents REALLY HERE? or is this a joke.
    They run to us barefoot in the middle of a huge storm, and the "I'll never let go of you hugs" begin.
    They can't talk fast enough, each trying to out-do the other.
    Get asked if I'm going to cook...for them...and annoy mommy since they like my cooking better (snicker, tee hee).
    Get asked about baseball.
    The grandkids make sure we see their gifts for us and of course I have a new RED "NANA LOVES BASEBALL" hat.
    The dogs go wild, the kids jump on grandpa - and demand to see his new sunburns on his chest and back.
    He immediately tackles all three and they love it.
    My teeth are killing me from the dental work last week but there's nothing I can do about it for at least a week.
    The girls take all the hair bows I brought from home and are deciding who gets what...and then OF COURSE,
    they try to put the bows in the dogs hair...Needless to say, the dogs are having none of it.
    ahhhhhh...life is good.
    Practice for Desert Classic can wait.

3. fascination

mixed bag today...taught three classes and that felt great...also have two interesting work opportunities, one on the near horizon in terms of adding wellness coaching to my duties at work along with instructor training...and the other being a chance to finally publish an infant loss book after the wedding...it is a manuscript that I have worked on off and on over two decades...frustrating part of the day has been having dtr home now and having to run all sorts of errands with her....I love having her here but I also had son for 2 weeks and consequently I haven't been able to get anything done for the better part of three weeks...my kids are more important, but I am wearing down...and dtr ran dh's car battery down tonight causing a long night in a wet parking lot with jumper cables and then triple A

4. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Yesterday:
    - Coffee, breakfast, FB, DF, etc.
    - Shop online for materials for new dress, send a couple inquiry e-mails about this
    - Pull out serger, swear while troubleshooting, then construct under-ruffle for current dress to make the skirt fuller
    - Lunch
    - Add stones to current dress. (Thankfully, cat does not like "helping" with this, so I get to do it solo... unlike cutting fabric.)
    - Snack, then to studio to practice for a few hours
    - Dinner, shower, tv, bed

Today will also feature alterations to my current dress (attaching under-ruffle, minor float modification and a strap repair) and practice.

5. fascination

today/wed...teach pilates, core yoga...go back home and catch up on some sleep...luch with a friend....long soak in jacuzzi...FINALLY have house to mysself and take small stepstoward being productive and organized once again

6. fascination

thurs....teach blast, teach PYC....walgreens doesn't have stamps...drat...cvs does...yay...tan....home to feed all animals and get quick nap before returning to work to sub for co-worker...power pump....drive to schererville for hot yoga...home soaking wet....applying wine

7. fascination

spin cancelled...yay...sore....very sore...mailed father's day card, went to the bank, practiced and cleaned the house...tired at the end of the week as always

8. fascination

sat...sleep in....breakfast....lessons....very fruitful .....home to practice and time w/ dh and dtr....also spoke with a buddy at long last....bed very soon....learned a lot about myself today...and about denying pain that is still there...and about being okay with being vulnerable

Sania and j_alexandra like this.
  9. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Stood in my beautiful cousin's bridal party as she married the love of her life. Very excited to bring her new hubby into our family, and so very happy for her! Best weekend ever!

Sania likes this.
  10. fascination

since I anticipate nothing more than watching some mindless tv, taking out the trash and maybe snuggling with dh, I will do today now....healthy brekkies.....5k jog with dh....he dusted me....I HATE running but I hung in there...it was father's day so I told him I LET him win :)...took dtr to meijer for "stuff" that she needs for her new apartment for summer/senior year....accepted a request to be confirmation sponsor to my cousin's daughter...how sweet....cook good food for dh

edit....given all of those typos, I should have had wine and created an excuse

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    nikkitta and j_alexandra like this.
  11. fascination

7 take dtr to train
    8...teach core, pilates yoga..
    11-1 training on cybex machines in order to add wellness coaching to my duties
    clean house, water garden, cook lots of food for engaged couple who came over tonight for a pre-marital mini-retreat....sleep immanent

12. fascination

tues...pyc cancels....not clue what happened in the middle of the day but taught powerr pump and cycle in the evening
    wed...teach pyc in the morn then 3 hours of training forwellness coaching...blated father's day dinner with my dad and his wife....no one died of it....

13. fascination

today/thurs

take dh to train again...ongoing car issues
    teach fit for life...eat.....teach pilates core and yoga fusion
    write and mail bills including down payment ofn "lighting vender"....amber lighting of all museum pillars and soft lavender wash to the dancefloor...enjoy a blissful half an hour on a lawn chair...first time this summer...get a nap...
    drive over to pay for car repair...purchase tequila in anticipation of friend's divorce...don't ask...soak in tub...bed soon

14. 3wishes

Oh mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, gotta catch up.
    Signed contract to remodel pool - moved reconstruction date to September when pool isn't being used so much.
    Took DH to Arcadia Methodist - Cardio Conversion - proved to be successful as of his post-op a few days ago.
    Dr. announced he's leaving for Ohio practice and introduced to new electro-phys Cardio Doc. Drugs changed and some ended.
    Believe me, Dear Husband is fully back in the daily life world.
    Sit down with business plan and potential buyer - another sit down - out to lunch in Korea Town - waiting to hear from Board after the July 4th weekend - fingers crossed all the way around for approval.
    WHEW, take a breath.
    Started working out, muscles screaming NO NO NO. Brain says,,,yep...here we go.
    Walking, DH joins us. He really is good again.
    Finish AC conversion in our home - sooo nice now.
    Drag out ballroom stuff. Head back to studio - start getting ready for Desert Classic in Indian Wells (they moved - for one year - from Palm Desert).
    Secretly start looking at cruise/land packages to Quebec or Europe for next year.
    We laugh about how full our summer has become where there was nothing on the calendar to begin with.

15. fascination

saturday...teach a fitness class, take hot yoga after that, then tan and have lunch.....spend the next 12 hours with a friend at his party to forget his divorce.......probably all I want to say about that

sunday; spend entire day moving dtr from school year residence to Summer residence...cannot explain how tired I am of moving my children hither and yon...and their heavy sofa beds, etc...but we did have a nice dinner while watching world cup

j_alexandra likes this.
  16. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Wednesday--To NYC (took the train from Metronorth). Saw "Macbeth" at the Park Avenue Armory starring Kenneth Branagh and Alex Kingston. It was absolutely fabulous, possibly the best Shakespeare production I have ever seen and certainly the best use of theatrical space I have ever seen. I am so glad I was able to take ChaChaChild to this; I think it will make a lasting impression.

Thursday--Shopped at Macy's for Husband, Child, and parents. Lunch at Chevy's, which is a bit of a nostalgia trip since that used to be a local northern California chain back when Husband and I lived there, before it got by one of the national companies. There was one a block and a half from our first home in El Cerrito.
    Spent until late at night wading through work e-mail catching up on what I missed. Worth it.

Friday--Did some advising. Finished reading Emma Healey's Elizabeth is Missing.

Saturday--Drove up to New Jersey for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary celebration. There were photos, and then swimming, barbecue, and cake. My parents just wanted to have me, my sister, and our kids and husbands there, not a big party, so that's what we did. (My sister's husband was actually unable to come. He is a police officer and there is some stuff going on between him and a superior. Apparently he offered an opinion that was not appreciated. He's had to work pretty much every weekend, which really cuts into his with his baby, now 7 months.)

Sunday--Drove home from NJ. Relaxed. Did a little work. Connected with one advisee I have been having a hard time connecting with. 11 down and 3 to go with registration on Thursday!

17. 3wishes

Headed up the hill to see Step-Dad who has informed the entire family, "see me now before it's too late"...ARGHHHSCREAM. I cannot say enough about this.
    Step dad motoring around house, smiles "how ya doin?" talk, then I peg him on his calls to sister/brother etc etc.
    Watch World Cup with him.
    Husband and Dad talk NASCAR and Soccer.
    Overall - a good visit.
    Pick up grandson for birthday party - head out from there, note the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes (Dodger farm team) has a full parking lot across the street.
    Spontaneously make U-Turn, Grandson pleased as punch, walk up, get tickets for the shady seats behind home plate and have an absolute blast.
    Grandson witnesses a home run into high left field pine trees and screams his head off for the team. Yep, America's game.
    Head home, jump into swimming pool, tossing Grandson expertly into deep end.
    Water fight proceeds.
    Grandpa and neighbor joins in.
    Grill burgers, cut watermelon, smiles and laughter,,,,
    DH and GS challenge each other to video road race game....hysterical to watch them claim each other cheats.
    Take GS home late evening.
    DH takes a deep breath and mentions that sleeping should be no problem after the day we've had.
    Silent cheer! Nightly night.

j_alexandra likes this.
  18. fascination

teach 8am yoga, core, pilates....talk with some members, teach y get moving....clean house....teach 4pm power pump....have some friends over who want to learn a few dance steps... that was fun....currently ready to go to sleep

j_alexandra likes this.
  19. 3wishes

Search for AARP magazine that we just got with Helen Miran on the cover.
    DH appears confused as to why I am looking for it....FIND Magazine, turn to page 34. Leona and Grace Harper featured in terms of new kinds of marriages and mixed families.
    Explain to DH, who knows Grace, that there is also a 30 second live interview with AARP that she did with them.
    Call Grace, laugh at her, she is a close best co-worker friend, who also retired from the City. She was also the 1st Black Woman Plumber in the state of California and rose to be Chief Building Inspector with Building and Safety.
    Asked Grace for her autograph as we are having lunch in the near future and I can hear Leona laughing in the background.
    DH is amazed as he's knows a quiet unassuming Grace. He reads the article with interest and chuckles.
    Find the Food and Wine Magazine, contact my also career mentor and close friend - about her daughter and the photos featured. WHO KNEW, way back then.
    We both laugh.
    Make plans to pick up Grandson and start dance classes again.
    Walk in park with friends,,,head out to dental appointment, this is not pleasant.
    Collect more ideas for finger foods and start making an organic list that I need from farmers market.
    Catch up on articles and make plans for the Texas wrecking crew arrival in July, LEGGO LAND is in this mix. Looks like fun.

20. fascination

wake at 8 and eat cottage cheese, df, fb...teach PYC...drive to kohls for some clothes that aren't spandex and also a few groceries....call from a dance buddy who is really frustrated....count my blessings....home to pet care, burning cds and continuing to get my ceus and re-certs....teach power pump and spin...listen to a struggling client....buy cat litter....sip moscato ...nearly comatose