yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Well-Known Member

Fri:
    7 drop sister, BIL and their kids at the airport
    Home, drop daughters at camp at 8. Both girls forgot their lunches.
    Home, housework, make some travel arrangements.
    9 workout
    10 home, cleanup, food, pack
    Drop lunches at camp on my way to the studio for noon practice
    Home, finish packing, housework
    3 collect girls from camp, meet DH at home, load car, off to airport
    Beautiful flight to Cedar City, UT
    Food, hotel, sleep

Sat:
    Meet my parents at the Kolob Canyon visitors center, hike, picnic lunch, another hike
    Hotel, swim, meet parents for dinner, bed

Sun:
    Meet my parents, caravan up to Cedar Breaks, hike, picnic lunch, kids run around with their cousins for a while, then we part ways. My parents and their kids are on a weeklong trip around Zion NP, we're just there for the weekend.

Airport, fly home. Super hot and bumpy, girls are queasy but neither gets sick, DH does a fantastic job given the summer afternoon mountain flying conditions. Brewpub for dinner (still covered in red UT trail dust), they finally have our fav beer on tap again! home, bed.

I'm sunburnt and sore and missed coach's monthly dance camp, but it was a really great weekend!

Dancing Irishman likes this.
  2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

doing today now as watching something mindless and sipping a nightcap is about all that remains of the day...

begin day on not enough sleep
    fortunately the day goes better than I was fearing

taught 8 am yoga core pilates, and 10am Y get moving..drove to second job and counseled an engaged couple, then back to the gym too teach 4pm power lifting class...home to feed animals and myself....

3. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Yesterday was a day for laundry and putting stuff away. Back from dance comp followed immediately by family vacation at the beach (didn't even come home first) so had comp laundry plus beach laundry to do and then put everything away. Mingle some playing with the dog in there (poor thing had to spend 1 1/2 weeks at the kennel) and food shopping, plus a long run to get ride of some of that seafood I ate and you get the general idea. Talked with my dad whose lawn was repeatedly driven over while we were all at the beach. He wants to get a surveillance camera but I'm thinking land mines...must be the military in me.

3wishes, j_alexandra and Purr like this.
  4. fascination

5. fascination

tues...a weird and wonderful day...power went out due to huge storm last night and remained off til 3 this afternoon...so, I spent the entire day de-junking and moving the possessions of my children to official departure zones...where they will begin what will no doubt be a year long process of sorting and deciding and trading and negotiating and tossing....I will regain an orderly home...I will...it was somehow consoling to get some order to the stuff and to walk through so many memories...dh has a trial immanent so he is coming home late....I actually really needed a day like this....a day of solitude, no work ....freedom....productivity...am going to force myself to have a weekly power outage...

Sania, 3wishes and j_alexandra like this.
  6. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

LOL! While I agree that a one day power outage can can actually be kind of a nice break, I'm less crazy about the multi-day ones. One thing I have left out of my narrative is that over the course of the past week, we have been in the process of getting a whole house generator due to our repeated, multi-day power outages, most of which take place during either cold snaps or heat waves, and several of which I have written about here. (Not at the time, since I had no power.)

2011 was Hurricane Irene, and we had no power for a solid week, from August 27-September 2. There is nothing so demoralizing as calling BGE in late August and getting the automated machine telling you your power will be restored...early in the next month.

Two years ago was the 2012 Derecho (June 29), and we had no power from June 29-July 3.

This past winter a tree fell on a power line and we had no power for about 3 days.

We are on a well, so no power means no running water, so I wind up driving up to the college to take a shower or renting a hotel room. Thank goodness the college never seems to go out at the same time as my house!

I like living in a woodsy area, but I also like taking the occasional shower so that my colleagues don't think of me as that weird stinky person.

MONDAY:
    Fired off some work e-mails.
    Read.
    Grocery store, and was going to go to the drug store, but I ran into someone from work who offered to loan me one of those cast covers so that Child can take a bath. Turns out HIS daughter had exactly the same injury when she was my daughter's age and that she also got it roller skating! Roller skating is apparently a complete hazard. His daughter broke her wrist doing "The Hokey Pokey," and mine also broke hers doing some kind of roller rink game that involved reversing directions (e.g., switch from skating line of dance to counter line of dance).
    Picked up Child at camp.

I had picked up vegetable spring rolls for Child at the grocery store. (Just the store brand.) She thinks these are absolutely fantastic. Between her and Husband, they eat 3/4ths of the bag and put it on the grocery list for next time. Yay. Good mommy points.

Finish reading the book I was reading.

Put Child to bed, and go to bed early myself.

7. fascination

teach 8am pilates, core, yoga....home, feed cats....teach Y get moving...3hours of wellness coaching...home to feed dog...back to teach power pump at 4...shower....teach yoga at 6...home to wine....but I lost 13 pounds in one week....freaking go me.....about 20 something to go...but still...go me

FancyFeet likes this.
  8. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

THIRTEEN?!?

3wishes likes this.
  9. fascination

go figure...I have suffered way more than that and gained...? we will see what next week brings

10. fascination

yep...and it was on our good body fat machine/scale, same time of day, following all the rules....

11. fascination

teach blast at 8, teach pyc at 10...tan, feed animals...buy new tennis shoes, stamps, etc....teach boot camp at 4, attend powerpump at 5 and cycle at 6...pretty much collapse and sip vodka and watch kitchen nightmares...bed soon

12. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

TUESDAY:
    Read, prep for meeting.
    10--First Year Team meeting.
    2--Nik double lesson!
    4--Pick up Child at camp.

WEDNESDAY:
    Drop Child at camp.
    Grocery store to get more of those spring rolls.
    Pick up Child early from camp to take her to orthopedist appt at 2:15. (Child is very displeased by the idea that she is going to have to miss camp for this and informs me that I took her away from a very interesting lecture on WWI. Sor-ry, kid!)

At Hand Orthopedist. They are running about 20 minutes late, which increases our time to be anxious. We get in. BAD NEWS. The doctor says the bone is displaced and he recommends surgery. Child starts to cry quietly. We had thought she was going to leave with a cast, not with an upcoming surgery! She asks me if we can go home right away.

She cries more vociferously in the car. Do we HAVE to do this? WHY?!? It doesn't even hurt anymore if she keeps the brace on. What does it even mean that the bone is displaced? Why can't they just shove it back into place? What did the doctor mean when he said that you can only do that if you get to it right away? Can we get a second opinion? She is scared of the idea of general anaesthesia. She also doesn't want to miss more camp. She doesn't want to do it. She WON'T! I tell her she has no choice. And anything I say in an attempt to be comforting is not the right thing.

She tells me I should heat her up some more spring rolls and let her go sulk in her room. Okay. I can do that.
    She eventually calms down.

There had been some talk that the surgery might be the very next day, but due to various insurance blah-blah, it will actually be Tuesday.

THURSDAY:
    Work people at our home: a plumber doing something plumbing maintenance related that I don't really understand (I'm such a bad homeowner!), and the handyman doing a bunch of stuff, including hanging my Pottery Barn Daily Organizing System that I got for Christmas, installing new doorknobs with locks, etc.

Keep Child home from camp in the AM so I can take her for her mandatory pre-op physical at 11:30...even though she just had a complete physical a month ago. (Not ideal timing for us, but beggars can't be choosers and we are the ones begging for a last minute appt. before a 3-day weekend.) She passes, needless to say. (This is basically just height, weight, blood pressure, listen to heart, listen to lungs...thank goodness no blood work. Was not looking forward to that.) Child has more or less come to terms with the fact that this surgery IS going to happen. She is still upset. So am I. And I'm worried about whether I will pass out again, like I did after Husband's surgery. I'm really going to have to try to do everything in my power to insure that does not happen...but it still could, and that frightens me. Bad vasovagal syncope. I hate you. (And note that I am a person who can give blood...but cannot deal with surgery. So it's not just the blood that's the trigger; it's the stress. This obviously cuts into my ability to be a good support person. I should probably go into therapy for this at some point, but not enough time to get de-sensitized between now and Tuesday.)
    Take Child to camp.

Workout.

Spray tan.

Text with a couple friends I hope to see in NYC this weekend.

Dinner, write in diary.

j_alexandra likes this.
  13. fascination

ccm...I am sorry...that does not sound like a bunch of fun

j_alexandra likes this.
  14. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

So sorry CCMM, my dd, for FIVE SUMMERS IN A ROW, broke her arm, elbow, hand,,,etc. between the ages of 5 and 10. Go figure! Been there, huge hugs.
    Conversations with multiple men, the escrow company, the buyer, the corporation, the CPA , this and that..UGH.
    Spend yesterday figuring out, when all is said and done and approved, how much the 2014 Tax Bill will be.
    CRIMPS - I can buy a new house in Austin for that money! or spend it on years and years of dancing! Where's the lottery when I need a winning ticket!
    DH walks with me and does much more than normal.
    Receive call from DD, receive call from DS, calls, calls and more calls.
    Pick up GS for dance class and hit up Dairy Queen with him.
    yummy, I forgot about that soft serve dipped cone.
    Nice way to end the day, knowing I have a BUNCH of papers to shred, file, organize and box up.
    AND SOOO IT GOES.

15. fascination

sleep over 10 hours...watch news...clean kitchen, grocery shop, hours of yard work, eat, nap...off to the beach to watch fireworks soon

j_alexandra likes this.
  16. fascination

more yard work, practice, more house work...trip to meijer for some odds and ends...wore myself out...but so grateful for this weekend of undisturbed productivity....one thing is certain; we need to simply surrender our back yard to the wilderness...as continuing to weed back there is insanity...did manage to salvage one tiny spot of civilization and add mulch to it...also able to sand and paint an old outdoor end table for the umpteenth time...ug....I love living out in the woods but I am getting too old for the up keep ...and dh is no help at all...if he had it his way, it would simply overgrow until no one could find us :)

17. fascination

finish ticking off pre-trip duties...round up trash, wask windows, pack, go for a run, practice...clean litter boxes, pay bills...look up various weather and mapping things...plan on spending the evening lounging

18. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Oldest daughter broke her hand yesterday, too. Four-wheeling. Sheesh. In a soft cast until she can see the ortho doc to see if surgery is necessary. She has a practicum this week where she is going to be graded on setting up a sterile x-ray lab and is wondering how she's going to get gloved up. The mother in me is thinking that she should have thought about that before she went four-wheeling but I didn't say anything.

19. fascination

mon...teach yoga pilates core....happy birthday to a dear friend.....drive to Kearney NE narrowly missing formidable weather...deo gratis....currently hunkered down with vodka on a lower floor near an interior room :)

20. fascination

drive from Kearney NE to Twin Falls Idaho...going to work out a bit and then crash

edit to add...30 min on elliptical...abouut 3 miles and then 20 minuetes swimming...breast and backstroke

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014