You Know you are Addicted to Dancing when...

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by DanceMentor, Apr 13, 2003.

1. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

...you name your pets after dancers/musicians.

May I introduce Eartha Kitty:
    [​IMG]
    :lol:
  2. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Yup, the owner of Champions, Mary Murphy, has a little dog who frequents the studio named cha cha.

(1) You blow out a tire on the freeway and you’re upset that won’t make it to the salsa club in time!

(2) You lose your wallet, and your #1 concern is that, without ID, you won't be able to get into the salsa clubs until you get a new ID!
  3. salsarhythms

salsarhythms New Member

You fall down on your a**, you hear something break, and hope
    it wasn't the latest CD you bought...
  4. DanceMentor

You sneak in dance steps while you're shopping at the grocery store when the aisle is clear. You're especially addicted if you don't care if there are other is the aisle as you dance smooth with the shopping cart as your partner. :lol:
    Mshefi_107 likes this.
  5. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

That's biased! I object! Shopping carts are perfectly suited for the practicing of rumba walks as well!

As an aside, I'd like to also point out that everything from the "how far would you go" thread also fits/belongs under the category of "you know your addicted when..."
  6. DanceMentor

I think I've spilled my drink! :lol:
    Yes, a shopping cart is especially good for practicing rumba walks as well as open breaks. I also like to do twist turns and (solo)pivots while maintaining a consistent distance from the cart.

The broomsticks on the cleaning supplies aisle also make excellent partners! :)
  7. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

You're addicted when you wake up in the morning and realize you still have your dance shoes on :? :shock: :wink:
  8. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

"I Know I'm Addicted . . ."

I knew i was addicted when I spent nearly 3 months building a 20x12 dance studio in my third-car garage equipped with a "floating dance floor" (see other post on this), mirrors, sound system, and fans everywhere.

Now I can practice in the middle of the night if I cannot sleep, etc. I know there are much better things that can be done to get back to sleep, but if it's better than dancing . . . . . . . . . .
    Mshefi_107 likes this.
  9. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

You are

You are addicted to dancing when as a male you show up to a girls only styling class wearing high heels, a dress, and a wig, and hope the instructor thinks you are french.... :shock: No disrespect to those who don't believe in shaving... :D
  10. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

Re: "I Know I'm Addicted . . ."

o__0 I wanna see!!
  11. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

"You Know you are Addicted to Dancing when... "

Hey, we haven't heard anything on this one since August, and we have many new members.

Let's hear some answers on this topic from some of you newer members.
  12. jon

jon Member

...you don't have enough free time to post to message boards ;)
  13. 1. You try to determine if a song (any song) is dance-able to any ballroom/latin dance that you know. Then try doing that dance to the song yourself. :D

2. You're frustrated because you wanna get out of work in time to go see a competition, but find that you have to stay behind a while. :x

How are these for answers? ^_~
    Mshefi_107 likes this.
  14. jetski

jetski New Member

You know you are addicted when....

You get in a car accident because you were to busy choreographing a dance while driving, you forgot to pay attention to the road!

I get some of my best ideas while driving! Probably not the safest thing to be doing!
  15. LindyQuest

LindyQuest New Member

...You can never get any housework done because you're too busy scouring the Internet, looking for cool dance websites.

...You're willing to travel alone to new cities just to attend a workshop.

...You start saving every penny so you can afford to go to several more workshops over the summer.

...You start collecting lots of dancing shoes and clothing.

...You keep trying to get your non-dancing friends to come dancing with you, just once (Try it! You'll like it!) :wink:
  16. twodance

twodance New Member

You just don't listen to music anymore cause your minds always dancing.
  17. tsb

tsb Well-Known Member

you kick out two (2) roommates (giving up almost $1000/month in rental income), move all the furniture from the family room into those bedrooms, and convert the family room to a dance studio (floating floor, mirrors and bars) and start hosting dance parties for free.
  18. tsb

tsb Well-Known Member

the first thing you think of when you hear a song is "what would i dance to this song?"
  19. NeoDevin

NeoDevin New Member

Or you don't think about it, and instinctively start dancing... while you're sitting at your desk at work.
  20. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Got to visit Pasadena, california!! :)

Ditto!! I do this more and more often. It's getting addicting. :)