You Know you are Addicted to Dancing when...

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by DanceMentor, Apr 13, 2003.

1. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

...you see your teacher at a wedding and your first thought is to go up to him and schedule a lesson.
  2. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Bwahahaha!
  3. Yana

Yana Member

:banana: :cheers:
  4. rbazsz

rbazsz New Member

When your wife complains that your dancing is getting in the way of doing chores!
  5. toothlesstiger

toothlesstiger Well-Known Member

....As a man, when you have 10 pairs of dance shoes (and counting)....
    ....When you compulsively build websites about dance...
  6. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

when your bf sarcastically says, "thanks for the call back." and for a split second you thought he was referring to a dance heat.
  7. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

lololol that's a new one
  8. laucy.my

laucy.my Active Member

When you have so many clothes for dance that you can't fit your regular clothes into your closet anymore and when your mother suggests you wear one of your dance shirts as a regular shirt, you roll your eyes at the stupidity of her thought.
  9. rbazsz

rbazsz New Member

It gets worse: when your wife sarcastically comments that you have more shoes than she does!
  10. major swing

major swing Member

ooh, thought that was just me and the missus..............
    we get odd looks in asda sometimes.............!!!!!!
  11. Terpsichorean Clod

...someone is about to take your photo and you say, "Contracheck!"
  12. Kipling

Kipling New Member

Someone says "You can learn to stone yourself " and you know it doesn't have anything to do with drugs.
  13. laucy.my

laucy.my Active Member

You go to the studio to practise every day. And you snatch whatever free time you have, to practise your routine.
  14. BreAna

BreAna Member

You Know You're a Ballroom Dancer When...

I'm surprised that I couldn't find a thread like this! I'll start:

You know you're a ballroom dancer when you practice arm-styling while you vacuum!
  15. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

wasn't there one on the general dance discussion page? I think it was a very long time ago since I just barely remember it.... paging TC... dear sweet TC...

I will add, however. You know you're a ballroom dancer when...

It feels uncomfortable not to stand up straight.

You view monetary amounts in terms of lessons. (e.g. God, those shoes are cute, but that is like 2 lessons!!! or, I made so much money today... I made 6 lessons!!)

You off-handedly use terms like "comp" and "stoned" around your non-dance friends and don't understand when they look at you funny.

You don't have any non-dance friends.
  16. jjs914

jjs914 Active Member

17. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

When you are on a skateboard, surfboard, or snowboard and think, "Promenade Position"... :cool:
  18. Terpsichorean Clod

:kissme:
  19. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

When you practice the position of your feet during New Yorkers on the subway.

When you use bus pit stops to practice routines on the gravel.

When you rate new music you come across by how danceable it is ("I can do a mean samba to this one...").

... Not that any of this is based on personal experience or anything.
  20. hiddendancer246

hiddendancer246 New Member

When your lesson gets canceled like mine did tonight so you read all 218 pages of this thread while listening to your latin round playlist on itunes to avoid losing your mind.

By the way, I've been a lurker here for about...3 years. O.O. So...-waves shyly- Hi, it's good to officially meet you all :)