You Know you are Addicted to Dancing when...

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by DanceMentor, Apr 13, 2003.

1. BreAna

BreAna Member

sorry everyone! I DID search for a thread like this, I just epic-failed at locating it. Sorry for being a nuisance!

2. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

In no way at all were you that, BreAna! :cheers:

3. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

When your ring tone and morning alarm tone is Matthew Morrison's cover of 'Sway'

When with every musical number in Glee, you start choreographing in your head a Standard or Latin number (Lady Is A Tramp, River Deep Mountain High)

When Bryan Watson or Derek Hough or Malitowski/Leunis is the one on your laptop wallpaper.

Yes, when you realise most of the hymns in church are waltzes.

When you practice salsa shines and ronde chasses under the table WHEREVER you happen to be seated with your feet under a table.

When every time you have to step back and step elsewhere to prevent yourself from bumping into someone you realise you just subconsciously executed a checking action.

When every time the motorcycle sways or jerks, one arm executes the corresponding Latin arm styling action.

When you point your foot just because you're getting off a bus onto a considerably lower sidewalk.

When you execute the arm styling for paso doble bota fogos everytime you get up from a chair you've been sitting in for hours and stretch...

I could go on and on and on...

4. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

Welcome to DF! :)

5. jjs914

jjs914 Active Member

Love this!

And...

Welcome!

6. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Welcome to DF! And I want you to know I did EXACTLY the same thing -- read 'em all in place of cancelled lesson. You are in the right place.

7. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Soul mate!

8. pbdc

pbdc New Member

When you think you're counting down, 3, 2, 1, go, and your friend asks you why you just counted 2, 3, 4, 1.

9. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

.. <3

10. mochahontas

mochahontas New Member

When you waste part of your 20-minute dinner break at work practicing steps in the nearest deserted area

11. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

When the flashing lights of a cop car in the raindrops on the mirror look like rhinestones and all you can think is, ooh I wonder if I could stone my dress like that?

12. laucy.my

laucy.my Active Member

Oh God, I do that too! And sometimes when I am not wearing my specs or contacts, the street lights seem to sparkle so much like stones on a costume!

13. mindputtee

I know! I've got costume fever right now though. I've been designing/planning a gown I'm going to make and since it's summer I've got nothing else to do. I really need school to start again so that I can go back to normal.

14. laucy.my

laucy.my Active Member

Yeah, I guess it just happens to every competitive dancer here! I am now still trying to save up money to get my next batch of Swarovskis...hopefully soon enough! Can't wait to stone this yummy costume that I have in hand, though I'll have to lose like 20-30lbs more to wear it.

15. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

...when every morning you wake up you realize you had another dance dream...

16. mindputtee

I know, I'm looking at buying fabric and stones and it's looking upwards of $500 just for materials. Good thing my mom is a seamstress! Btw, stardanceshop d o t com has the cheapest swarovski's I've found yet.

17. chomsky

you know you are a dance freak when you don't care how big your debt is as long as it covers your dance expenses

18. kckc

kckc Active Member

1. When you see a small shiny object on the bathroom floor at work and your mind immediately thinks "rhinestone" (just a few days after comp.- very normal reaction, right? )

2. Fascination and her DH appear in your dreams, albeit with short curly hair instead of long straight hair. Yes, this really happened, though the dream, interestingly enough, had nothing to do with dance. (I had just watched her video and she was in my head. Too many D-F visits perhaps? Is there such a thing?).

19. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

WOW...now there is an honor...though I don't think short curly hair is happneing anytime soon :)...

20. chomsky

and I thought I was the only one dreaming of dance in my sleep..