You Know you are Addicted to Dancing when...

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by DanceMentor, Apr 13, 2003.

1. rbazsz

rbazsz New Member

When you hear about a video with a dancer you don't know and want to see it also! So, where is fasc's video?

2. kckc

kckc Active Member

Go the to "videos" sub-forum under the "Ballroom Dance" forum (look towards the top of the page). Fasc. posted her open smooth video from a recent competition.

3. dancerdol

dancerdol Member

You know you're addicted to dance when -

you stay up until 3am watching live streaming of Embassy Ball American Smooth Open Professional event.

4. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

Wish I could join you... I'm afraid no such thing in Greece either. I probably need to get a sattelite dish...:nope:

5. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Internet?

6. chomsky

watching tv on the internet, you mean? Wish I was computer litterate, am afraid I'm not...:???:

7. Andreth

Andreth Member

When you check out the other athletes at the gym and peg them for different dance styles; "That guy could make a gorgeous standard lead...perfect height for me too" or..."She looks like a rhythm dancer." My partner and I sometimes work out together and we're both guilty of this. "Hey, don't you think that guy would look great in a tail suit?" It's bad, I know.

8. chomsky

I like your game! Not at all bad!

9. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

when, after a seven week hiatus from lessons, you know you can't wait until monday and shamelessly call your pro and beg him to find a way to take you for three hours on thursday as well.....patiently praying for a return call on that later

10. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

When, after spending exactly one day at home in the last four months, you realize you have a day off coming up...and decide it's a perfect opportunity to schedule a coaching session two hours away from home.

11. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

This is so me... Thankfully I haven't had to experience a 7 week hiatus. Pro got his dates mixed up on an extra lesson I had scheduled with him and sent me a txt on the day in question. I told him we scheduled for the following week but that I would be more than happy to come in on that day too since he was already expecting me :)

12. Aura

Aura Active Member

when everybody screams when their "song" come on at college dances, but the reason you're screaming is because the song would make a great Cha-cha.

13. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Active Member

When you are literally jumping around the house because you haven't danced all weekend. even though your husband just got home from a business trip. So you strap on your shoes and drill in the hallway!

Also, you post on DF for dancing at the location for the THREE DAY business trip you have to go to. Sigh.

14. chomsky

apart from food, every single day you have to think of how, when, for how long you are going to dance that day, or when you are not going to, you just keep doing dance-related things all day long...or when dance puts you to sleep...either your dance posters or your dance books or your dance tape from yesterday's lesson...dance what a nice word...

15. drejenpha

drejenpha Member

You spend several months going through DT's from dance, only to go dance once then have to spend several more months going through DT's. I miss ballroom but I work during every possible lesson/social.

16. chomsky

dt? kindly enlighten me...

17. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

delirium tremors -- withdrawal symptoms

18. chomsky

thanks!!!it makes sense now!!!

19. drejenpha

drejenpha Member

I guess it would be more accurate to describe them as involuntary dance spasms in completely inappropriate places based on the music that's playing. It certainly never happened to me while I was dancing every day.

20. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Love it. Involuntary Dance Spasms. IDS. Must use that acronym. *grin*