You Know you are Addicted to Dancing when...

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by DanceMentor, Apr 13, 2003.

1. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

Tourettes???
  2. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

Tourette's dance syndrome...he he he
  3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I suspect a lot of us have that. Not sure it's always related to withdrawal though. :rolleyes:
  4. chomsky

It's only been a year for me...I sincerely hope it's one of those incurable diseases...
  5. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

When you drive 5 hours round trip, burn through a tank of gas, and pay $150 for 45 minutes of coaching...and don't understand why people think this is abnormal.
  6. chomsky

this!!!
  7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

:shock:when you do more than that every week
  8. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

Yeah...my typical routine is five hours of round-trip driving every week for about three hours of lessons at a time. Still burns a tank of gas, plus the cost of lessons...I get the same perplexed look for "normal" people when I try to explain I do this every single week...the only odd part about the coaching (for me) was doing all of that for only 45 minutes of actual dancing...

...but it was TOTALLY worth it!! :D
  9. fascination

10. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Active Member

when you're irritated with your results and your pros, and you're frustrated because you can't have privates twice a week anymore because of finances, and you're debating whether to move studios or stop... and your first instinct is to go to the studio for group class and practice to work out your stresses. and then you try to figure out how you can convince your husband to go just a little more into debt so you can compete again. didn't someone say they were starting a 12-step group? because ya, i am addicted.
  11. toothlesstiger

toothlesstiger Well-Known Member

I think we've got a winner(?) here. Going into debt for something non-essential and without future paybacks, that sounds like an addiction to me.
  12. scullystwin42

Sweet! I win! What do I get? Heeeee......
  13. chomsky

This is so inspirational! Thanks for sharing. Frustration for you and your teacher, need for privates, financial difficulties, moving studios, practice problems, going into debt. I so love this! Anyone I know? I so love this! It's so nice when you are not the only one left on an remote island...Robinson was a castaway but Friday was with him...
  14. scullystwin42

Ok, after a few days of whining and frustrations...I got what I think is a pretty honest assessment of my skills and now...I have nothing to whine about. (also to clarify, not actually going into debt for dancing. it was just a fleeting thought of how I could try to convince my hubby :) Actually cutting back on privates to make sure I don't go in to debt, ha!) Also, I'm pretty sure my studio is run by the Corleones. "They just pull me back in..." (in a good way, of course).
  15. fascination

as an aside; one of the many things I have learned since I began ballroom dancing in 2005, is to never ever evalute my dancing or make any decisions about it within two weeks of a comp...either before or after....that is an extremely loaded window of time in which to make a major decision...you can pull away and take some time to think during that window...but it is never wise to try to come to a definitive conclusion in that time span
  16. morwennab97

morwennab97 New Member

...when you choreograph to every song you hear!
  17. juwest333

juwest333 Active Member

...when your very first thought upon meeting every attractive woman is "I wonder if she can dance..."
  18. chomsky

:rocker:
    You made me smile!!!Thanks!!!
  19. chomsky

...when you dream of dance at night...every night...
  20. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

"twostep" was such a better choice...