You Know you are Addicted to Dancing when...

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by DanceMentor, Apr 13, 2003.

1. Inglish Major

Inglish Major New Member

People call you A "Dance Druggie"...

2. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

On match.com when she writes about how much she loves to dance and your first question is whether she actually dances or whether she just free-styles. And somehow never get any reply.

chomsky, Mr 4 styles and j_alexandra like this.
  3. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

when you can't sleep because of those damn dance dreams...I've had enough of them lately...on a daily basis... (I guess that's a whine, but I didn't mean it that way..oops!)

4. MissSongbird

MissSongbird Member

When you should be studying for an exam and all you can think is "Jive, jive, jive...jive".

chomsky and Mr 4 styles like this.
  5. anntennis

anntennis Active Member

When your dance budget remains the same when you are between jobs - lessons and such

chomsky likes this.
  6. Ailuene

Ailuene Active Member

When you wake up during the week before competition and the first thing running through your head is your Quickstep routine.

Alternatively, whereupon turning around in high-heeled shoes, you find yourself doing a step that feels suspiciously like a heel turn.

chomsky likes this.
  7. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Or when your method for falling asleep at night is to run your routines in your head... and it's also your preferred method for entertaining yourself on the bus, in the elevator, in a meeting...

chomsky, Mr 4 styles and Ailuene like this.
  8. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

NNIICCCEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chomsky likes this.
  9. Ailuene

Ailuene Active Member

Hehe thanks. I try? :p

10. BD4L

BD4L Member

Similarly; when someone at work looks at you and asks 'what was that' then you look down and realize you're standing in a checked walk which means you were probably dancing without noticing again. :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

chomsky and Ailuene like this.
  11. Generalist

Generalist Active Member

A friend looks at me with a puzzled expression when I said I wasn't going dancing that evening.

chomsky likes this.
  12. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

You can't remember how onions or garlic taste.
    Someone asks you how old you are and you respond, "A1".

dancelvr, chomsky and j_alexandra like this.
  13. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Whippersnapper. :D

14. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

:cool:

15. chomsky

And to think I used to eat garlic twice per week and onions on a more or less daily basis...now it's only twice or even once a year...:(

Terpsichorean Clod likes this.
  16. chomsky

when...you don't care that people tell you you are addicted to dancing...
    you couldn’t care less and on top of everything else you keep hiding things just to avoid them putting you in their mouth…what the heck. Life is short and it’s your life not theirs.

17. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

When I look in my closet and realize I've not purchased a single significant piece of clothing in the last 5 years that was not related to dance in some form or fashion.

j_alexandra and Ailuene like this.
  18. juwest333

juwest333 Active Member

You start looking for outfits to wear to your next major dancing event a whole year in advance.

19. letsdance101

letsdance101 Active Member

When you have nightmares about bad things happening while competing

You have dreams about people styling your hair for a competition

You rush to finish reading that chapter out of your textbook and rush through your math homework... just so you can reward yourself by practicing your routines

At school, instead of whipping out my phone to check twitter or instagram... I immediately start looking through various dance pictures

When you are shopping for clothes and immediately ask yourself... could I wear this to a lesson or to practice? if not could I wear this to a social or a competition?... then if you answer no to both of those questions... you refuse to buy the clothing

20. dncergrl

dncergrl Active Member

The grocery man turns up the sound when you are shopping because as he said "I know you like to dance".