You Know you are Addicted to Dancing when...

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by DanceMentor, Apr 13, 2003.

1. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

:lol: hahahaha it stings but I like it!! :lol:

2. Sakura

Sakura New Member

You know you're addicted when:
    Any and all money (i.e. my $40 a month allowance) goes to buying yourself more lessons. (I'm also buying my shoes with that, which means, :cry: :cry: no more two lessons a month for me for THREE months! :cry: :x :cry: )
    You wish you were older so you could get a job for more money for more lessons.
    You practice your steps in any open spaces that you can. (I do mine at swim practice when I'm on runs to the training room. I practice my walks/locks for Cha Cha.)
    You begin to speak more about dance than anything else that you were previously addicted to. (It knocked out anime and band/music... Until I realized that the people around me just don't get it... :wink: :D )
    You dream about the day you'll be able to go to a real dance.
    You dream about the day you'll be able to compete.

:D Is that a good enough list?! *laughs* And Vince, I'm sooooo jealous! You actually have a dance floor in your own house! I have to practice in my kitchen/computer room, which is about 8" x 4'5! *sighs* Anything for dance....... =^__^=
    Sakura Kitty :kitty:

3. Jmatthew

Jmatthew New Member

...you find yourself thinking, "I wish I had a Girlfriend so I'd have a regular dance partner to practice those really tough moves with...."

....you think this...

...makes the authoer a personal hero of yours. ;)

4. MadamSamba

MadamSamba Member

An oldie but a goodie...you know you're addicted when you don't buy that gorgeous, gorgeous skirt that's on a super sale because "there's no point, I couldn't dance in it"...

then there's the CD collection that's categorised by dance: salsa, cha cha, rumba, samba, jive, argentine tango... :)

5. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

I can't resist this one.....

You realised that ALL your relationships for the last 15 years have been dance-related (even the non-dancers)!

:shock: This is serious :shock: !

Mshefi_107 likes this.
  6. tsb

tsb Well-Known Member

the past week while my car was in the shop the only thing i removed from the trunk to put into the loaner car were two pairs of dance shoes - or just the fact that i always have at least two pairs of dance shoes in my car.

7. dancin_feet

dancin_feet New Member

I realised that I was addicted when the weekly studio party was cancelled due to a power outage in the area and I hung up the phone and realised that I was shaking! Thought about ringing them back and offering to hook up a power cable from my place to the studio (I live 6 kilometres away). Impossible, I know, but it crossed my mind!

8. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

That's mine, then there is non-dance music. If the dance CDs are always growing much faster then the non-dance music. :)

9. dancin_feet

dancin_feet New Member

Is there such a thing as non-dance music? :?: :?: :?:

10. MapleLeaf Salsero

MapleLeaf Salsero New Member

You´re in a small café and see this hot babe walking in and think, hmm... wonder if she can dance...

11. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

ML S,
    You need HELP!

12. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Well I'll dance to any sort of music, BUT...there is music that fits a dance style and those that don't, or not to a dance style that I am fond of...so that is in the Sagitta "non-dance" category.

13. danceslave

danceslave New Member

LMAO..that is soo me

14. danceslave

danceslave New Member

this thread is great!!!

Okay here's mine.. you know you're addicted to dancing when

- You start choreographing phrases to the theme song of Blue's Clue's, Dora The Explorer...etc

-When you start teaching a 9 month old baby the moves that you made up.

-When the 9month old baby turns 14mnths and still remembers the moves.

-When you get depressed that you might end up getting married to some who doesn't know how and love to dance

-When you learn 90% of the choreography of every music video or show u watch

15. Sakura

Sakura New Member

You see that comment and start thinking, "So long as I can count my Latin dance steps to it, no......." :wink: :roll:

16. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

When you spend an ABSURD amount of spare time (sleepless nights) creating a really LARGE dance related website from scratch when you really have NO CLUE how to create a webpage...www.dancersdreamland.com.

17. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

When you get in a car accident on your way to practice, total your car, have it towed to your house, call your partner to pick you up at home, and go practice... :oops: :shock: :oops:

18. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

.........so that's how you killed your car.......

At least you are ok enough to practice 8) ! That's gotta be a good thing...

19. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, well I can tell that I'm going to be *really* sore tomorrow, my back aches, my knee feels a bit tweaked, and I can see that I'm not walking entirely straight at the moment…hopefully all things that my chiropractor can help straighten out tomorrow afternoon.

As far as practicing, my old partner (Janelle) and I are reprising out old Rhythm routines for a comp here on campus in 3 weeks. Given that we only started working on this a little over a week ago, and that we haven’t done these routines or competed in almost two years, we needed the practice. More than this though, psychologically I *really* needed to go dance with her…

20. Sakura

Sakura New Member

Did you get hit from the front (in your car)? If you did, and your knee hit the dashboard, you could have a PCL (Posterior-Cruciate-Ligament) injury. :oops: :) Sorry, that's a bit of my Sports Med. terminology/knowledge being put to use there.... I hope you don't mind my mentioning it. It's nothing terribly serious, like an ACL (Anterior-Cruciate-Ligament) tear (I'm sure you knew what that was... :oops: ), but I thought it might be worth bringing up. Hope you feel better soon!