You Know you are Addicted to Dancing when...

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by DanceMentor, Apr 13, 2003.

1. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

You are addicted to dancing when you realised that your entire social network IS your local salsa scene :shock: .....when you can also find all sorts of non-dance related things (rooms to rent, financil/legal advice, any househld goods, books fiction/non-fiction, shopping/travelling/food tips, jobs, even relationships etc)........ALL from salsa net-working 8) !
  2. Sakura

Sakura New Member

*making notes to include a "living in Australia" phase in her life* :D

SK :kitty:
  3. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Yes, Melbourne's now definitely on my "places I must visit" list, after hearing so much about its beaches, good food and vibrant salsa scene with live band music (and, of course, Salsachinita as your guide! 8)).
  4. Lita_rulez

Lita_rulez New Member

You know you are addicted to dancing when to put in the name and phone number of that new salsera/ salsero, you have as usual erased those of someone you do not see anymore.

And you realise afterwords that by doing this, you now ONLY have salsa related names, adresses and phone numbers in your mobile :shock:
  5. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

I only use my mobile to contact my salsa pals and arrange dance outings anyway. Anyone who receives a text message from me knows it's dance-related even before opening it.
  6. Lita_rulez

Lita_rulez New Member

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention : I only have a mobile phone... No land line or anything at home :shock:
  7. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

That's me exactly 8) !!!!! My mobile phone is the salsa directory of Australia :lol: !
  8. KevinL

KevinL New Member

When was the last time you copied all those names/numbers off of your phone? I'm asking because mobile phones are small and easily lost. It would be a shame to lose all that information as well...

Kevin
  9. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

:oops: :oops: :oops:
    I had that problem once... I lost my mobile on a train one night and was unable to contact any salsa pals for a week (until the following weekend when I was able to get numbers off people at clubs/mutual friends). That was a nightmere! And only a few days before that, I actually thought about copying the numbers on my PC and did nothing... :oops:
    Needless to say, I have a backup directory now.
  10. Sakura

Sakura New Member

:D Of course, we have to hire her first! Anyone know how much she's charging these days?? :wink:

SK :kitty:
  11. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

SD and MacMoto: Both make excellent points! :)

Haven't been asked in awhile, but haven't been asked where yet either. Not sure I'm addicted yet, but might be. :)
  12. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

:wink: Wouldn't you like to know?!
  13. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Umm, isn't that why he asked? :wink:
  14. Waltz Lover

Waltz Lover New Member

You know you're addicted when you re-evaluate every song on the radio to see if it's dance-able - oh! a rumba! or a waltz!

Also when the friends you attend church with, get whispered to "hey! We're singing a Viennese Waltz!"

~Viennese Waltz Lover :wink:
  15. TemptressToo

TemptressToo Member

You know you are addicted to dancing when....

...you wear your dance shoes around the house because you like the feel of them.
    ...you seriously bid on good crystals on Ebay so that you can make your own Latin costumes. Have you ever seen those prices?
    ...you practice samba steps while walking down the street in New Orleans...passerbyers give you strange looks.
  16. Kate

Kate New Member

Your addicted when you watch Angelina Ballerina :shock: A show for 2+
    Also wear your ballet shoes around the house..
    Dance anywhere and everywhere. Literally.
  17. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Angelina Ballerina? Never heard of it. Huh? :? Sounds like a kids' show. Is it?
  18. Shiva diva

Shiva diva New Member

......... when you can't sleep at night and you spend the whole night just going through dances you have performed or made up in the past

.......... when you persuade your parents to pay an extra £200 a term so you can do dance GCSE

............ when you are in your lessons and you are tapping away with your feet to some music in your head untill your best friends tell you to "Shut the **** up, for the millionth time." :cry:

............ when you are in one dance lesson and you start doing a different type of dancing when the teachers not looking

.............. when you make up a dance a year in advance for this small show at school
  19. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Yup. See w w w.hitentertainment.com/angelinaballerina/
  20. etchuck

etchuck New Member

If you start DANCING VW while in church service... you are addicted.