You Know you are Addicted to Dancing when...

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by DanceMentor, Apr 13, 2003.

1. etchuck

etchuck New Member

Hmm... do you critique technique they show on that program?? ;)

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Guilty! :oops: :lol:

Welcome, Shivadiva. 8)

3. Shiva diva

Shiva diva New Member

Hey, we all do it ........... well, you and me .......... um yeah I've learned to speak for myself, so I won't jump to conclusions :?

4. pygmalion

:oops: :lol: I can relate. 8)

5. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

You know your addicted when ...

When your using the alley behind your home, and the parking lot odf a local collge as your dance practice area cause none of the rooms in your place is be enough to practice a showcase routine!

6. pygmalion

Have you tried the racketball court at the gym? (I'm not telling how I know this. :roll: :oops: :lol: )

7. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

You order new checks from the bank. The pattern you order is Moonlight Dancer, with a message that says "I'd rather be dancing". 8)

8. pygmalion

Yup. You're hooked. :wink: :lol:

9. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

You try to practice the cha-cha-cha with your cat at home. :wink:

10. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Been there, done that. ...and basketball courts too, both inside and outside! :shock:

11. ShyDancer

ShyDancer New Member

*nods* Yep basketball courts are great! (provided they are indoor ones..concrete is suede soles evil nemesis)
    Local scout and church halls are also great.

Hmm and heres another ..... Yous shoes are always in your car just in case you may get a chance to do a spot of ballroom dancing somewhere!

Or the main worry of having you car stolen is the precious shoes in there!

Or taking your shoes into your 3 year old daughters ballet class because they have a good wooden floor in there....

12. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

.... or how about, when not dancing, you only wear jazz sneakers... "just in case!" :oops:

13. TemptressToo

TemptressToo Member

Actually, I have not one, but two pairs of dance shoes in my car at all times. One is more a practice pair and the other for the more serious stuff. :)

14. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

All of my (current) shoes are in the car, permenatly.

Just in case :wink: ........

15. etchuck

etchuck New Member

You only have two pairs of dance shoes? I'm definitely addicted then (3 standard, 2 Latin, 1 jazz shoes).

16. etchuck

etchuck New Member

Hmm... I do "the wheels on the bus" with my cat. ;)

17. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

So true! There have been a couple of times when I got to the studio with no shoes, so now I keep a pair of dance shoes in each of our cars.

18. dancin_feet

dancin_feet New Member

I have often thought about leaving shoes in the car, but with the heat here, especially in summer, I always worry that they'll buckle and warp and never be the same again.

If I need to take shoes to work because I'm going straight to a class afterwards, I'll take them in a backpack and put them under my desk.

19. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

I've only got 3 pairs of dance shoes (including one pair in semi-retirement), but bear in mind I do only one dance style (salsa)...

20. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

I've come to accept that my cat doesn't like dancing with me... she doesn't seem to think I'm a good lead (and I must say she's got a point) :lol: :lol: