You Know you are Addicted to Dancing when...

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by DanceMentor, Apr 13, 2003.

1. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

Well ... MacMoto as long as you are a good follow, you are still ok to me!

2. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

(Searched this thread up when I saw a similar one just started recently. Is there a way to combine the two??? Like maybe add the newer one to this one???)

3. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately there's only a way to split threads, not to merge them. Still, a link from the other one, to this one, can be made and then that other one can be locked. If you want to set up the link I'll be happy to take care of the locking.

4. motardmom

motardmom New Member

I have a child who should be potty training and is resisting it in a major way. I'm so ready to have her out of diapers!

But I had a moment of awakening tonight. I had to LOL @ myself. I found myself mentally calculating how much diapers cost me each week and how I could apply that to dancing! :roll: :lol:

I'm so addicted.....

5. motardmom

motardmom New Member

I just moved my original post. I have no problem with the other thread being deleted. (Sorry - didn't know there was already a thread on this topic!)

6. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

LOL... no problem... but how could there not be? :wink: :lol:

7. sunderi

sunderi New Member

. . . when you come within inches of a fairly serious car accident and your first thought is, "If that car hits me, I'm going to be late for my lesson!"

(Happened to me on Friday. Luckily, she *didn't* hit me . . . but I would be happier if she'd actually STOPPED at the STOP sign she had! :evil: )

8. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Active Member

Cool cat there DanceMentor!! Gotta love those glowing green eyes too (I live with two of the critters meself).

9. Lucretia

Lucretia New Member

You Know you are Addicted to Dancing (Salsa) when...

your kids start to sing Spanish salsa songs instead of ordinary hitmusik. They don't know any Spanish expect for the word they learnt from the songs. Caranga and Quiero a Morir for example.

(The oldest one has decided to study Spanish at school. Inspired by the music and all the latin friends I have met due to salsa. I want to study Spanish myself)

/Luc

10. Mitzi

Mitzi New Member

I am at work and you guys are killing me...

I can't stop laughing, so many of these addictions are running too true to my life... I am about to fall out of my chair these are so funny, I can't believe there are others out there like me... and my friends... I am a Realtor, and you know you're addicted when every house you show, you evaluate it on the basis of if you can turn part of it into a dance studio...cudos to those of you who have got the bug so bad you have converted rooms, garages, basements into practice rooms... I am not far behind you... :lol:

11. sunderi

sunderi New Member

Re: I am at work and you guys are killing me...

My mom does that! She is also a realtor and a dancer, and she calls me all the time to say, "I just showed a house and it has this room downstairs which would make a fantastic ballroom . . . " ;)

12. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

...when you are elated that daylight savings time clock switching one hour back will give you an extra hour of dancing?

13. Vin

Vin New Member

You know you are addicted when you don't really want to go dancing, yet you go anyways.

You know you are addicted when your friends/family/yourself have to have an intervention, put some good old fashioned non-dancing music on the stereo.

You know you are addicted when you can't remember the last time you bought a non-dancing musical recording.

14. sanityhaven

sanityhaven New Member

You know you're addicted to dancing when...

your primary concern when considering a gym membership is if they'll let you use their exercise rooms to practice in.

15. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

16. dTas

dTas New Member

you know you're addicted to dancing when...

your life is one long dance with the occasional break to go to work, eat, and sleep.

17. tacad

tacad New Member

...you've had a medical procedure 2 days before, you don't feel good, but you start getting ready for the dance, just in case you do feel better later and can go to the dance.

18. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Go back to bed. Please. You'll be able to dance even more ... tomorrow. Those stitches and staples make cross body leads almost impossible... I should know. :oops: :roll:

19. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

... when you start looking for practice space other then your local studio to work with your dance partner where waltz, tango, quickstep, v. waltz, and foxtrot can be practiced without the music competing with all the other types. :)

20. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

...when you see through the eyes of your heart as you dance.