You Know you are Addicted to Dancing when...

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by DanceMentor, Apr 13, 2003.

1. VerdandiRose

VerdandiRose New Member

you KNOW your addicted to dance WHEN: ^_^
    1- you own more pointe/ballet shoes than you do other kinds of shoes
    2- you use your boyfriend for a bar in front of the biggest mirror in your house so you can be sure your perfect
    3- you wear out dance shoes faster than you can buy them
    4- your an art major....and your portfolio's concentration is ballet
    5- you give up all your hours of spare time to dance in your house, or anywhere you can find space
    6- you move into the smallest room in your house and turn the largest one into a dance studio
    7- you post the reasons you know your addicted on this forum
    8- you talk to yourself about what you need to fix while dancing alone
    9- you spend more hours a week at the dance studio getting lessons than you do sleeping
    10- every pieve of jewelry you own is ballet related

^_^ these are why im addicted!
  2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hi VerdandiRose. It sure sounds like you've got it bad. I think you're in the right place. 8)
  3. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Ditto! And welcome to the Dance Forums VerdandiRose! :D
  4. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Welcome VerdaniRose! :D
  5. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

Ah ... you have the bug VerdaniRose! And you got the right place to share it! :)
  6. tacad

tacad New Member

No stitches or staples. The doctor had said that I could do physical activity as I was able. Turned out I did feel better and was able to dance. Still, I should have followed your advice and rested as I did get the flu several days later.

Wow, that's good!
  7. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

... when you start dreaming of having a home with a room big enough for dancing ... maybe even big enough to have friends over for dancing!
  8. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

:D This is nice.

Instead of dreaming, learn salsa! :D I had a salsa party in my house, and we all danced in my kitchen. Since salsa is danced on the spot (either in a circle or slot), you don't need a huge space. (I played some tango too -- space wasn't a problem since there was only one leader there who could dance tango anyway.)
  9. motardmom

motardmom New Member

This makes me LOL! Just since I have been allowing thoughts of competition to waft thru my noggin, I've seen my dining area in a whole new light - it would be a good place to practice. I have a nice flat, clean floor and I even have a heeeyoooouge mirror on one wall, almost floor to ceiling, and about 4 feet wide. Would that not be just great for a practice space with the table pushed out of the way?

:lol: :roll:
  10. sunderi

sunderi New Member

No -- just get RID of the table. My, my, where are your priorities? :shock: ;)
  11. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Exactly -- just use another room (with an unsuitable floor) for eating :lol:
  12. DancingMandi

DancingMandi New Member

You know you're addicted to dancing when you're stretching your arches under the desk at school.
  13. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

MacMoto quoted DancePoet: "... when you start dreaming of having a home with a room big enough for dancing ... maybe even big enough to have friends over for dancing!"

And wrote: "Instead of dreaming, learn salsa! :D I had a salsa party in my house, and we all danced in my kitchen. Since salsa is danced on the spot (either in a circle or slot), you don't need a huge space. (I played some tango too -- space wasn't a problem since there was only one leader there who could dance tango anyway.)"

I'll learn Salsa and still continue to dream! :) And Tango can work in so many spots! Just like Rumba and Cha-Cha! I've even done some Foxtrot in a friends living room after we moved the big coffee table! Yet a really big room would be so cool to have for things like the romance of a big Waltz with your closest partner. Or to invite friends over for an evening of dance where all types can be featured. Yet I'd be willing to feature a special Salsa night with or without a big space. Particularly for you, like say on your birthday! ;)

And how about a birthday wish for me ... a night of nothing but tango! :)
  14. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

MacMoto quoted motardmom: "Would that not be just great for a practice space with the table pushed out of the way?"

And quoted sunderi: "No -- just get RID of the table. My, my, where are your priorities? :shock: ;)"

And wrote: "Exactly -- just use another room (with an unsuitable floor) for eating :lol: "

Or take your SO out for dinner! Then both of you can come back for dancing at home, with showers available, and ... well, other nice romantic activitees which I will leave to everyone's imagination. :wink: :lol:
  15. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Naughty! Naughty! Naughty DP! You know you are addicted to adncing when you dance non-stop. When you ask a random stranger and when she says no you simply say your loss with a laught and ask her neighbour. :)
  16. motardmom

motardmom New Member

Ah.... unfortunately I'm married to a *gasp* non-dancer. He lacks the ability to hear rhythm and I have yet to convince him that perhaps that isn't insurmountable. *sigh* It would be so perfect with the showers and... all that. :wink: *eyebrows raised*
  17. motardmom

motardmom New Member

You guys are cracking me up!
  18. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  19. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Or take your SO out to a place where you can have dinner AND dance :D. Then come back for more dancing (and a shower :lol:) -- other romantic activities optional (after all that dancing you may not be inclined to do anything other than sleep) :lol:, but breakfast in bed the following morning would be nice :wink:

** Oops I think I'm encouraging DP again... :oops: **
  20. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

That sounds like me... (except the random stranger is usually a *he* -- but not always!)

A girl asked me the other night how I could always get so many dances despite the permanent shortage of men -- I told her I just went and grabbed guys and passed all my stalking tips on to her :lol: