Your Dance Teacher

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Dancebug, Mar 13, 2006.

1. chandra

chandra New Member

I TOTALLY respect my coach as a person! He is great, fun, and seems to honestly care about the dancing of his students.

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

yep...and I gotta say i had a positive blast with dan messenger

3. Mattd

Mattd New Member

Thanks! Who's Jean Marc(forgive my ignorance...)

4. fascination

Generoux (pardon my spelling) awsome and funny...he and wife Franz were/are always a crowd favorite...very successful Canadian dancers I believe they were 10-dancers, hot and powerful, and he is just Mr. personality...they do coaching and adjudicating so you may see them around your studio if you stick around for awhile...someone mor eporficient in these things may be along to give you better specifics

5. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

He & France did do 10 dance but were most succesful at Latin where they were 10 time Canadian professional champions. He is *the* most commical personality in all of ballroom, at least in my oppinion. Heck, I remember taking some coaching with him sevral years back and, at first, getting a little miffed since I felt like I wanted "teaching" for my money and not a comedy routine... but wouldn't you know it, he snuck the teaching in there too! It was actually the most productive set of lessons I had until quite recently.

6. fascination

yep, I felt that way about Dan too...like "am I getting something here ? this is way too fun" AND YET the stuff he gave us made all the difference in the world...reminds me...we need to get some coaches in right now....check writing hand itches...lol

7. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

I would looooove to take with Jean Marc, he taught at a dance camp I was at in 2004, but I missed taking a private with him (took some of his workshops though). Was eagerly awaiting a chance at the 2005 camp, but he didn't teach this last year (boohoo!).

8. fascination

yea they really inspire me for a variety of reasons not the least of which is that I think I have similar strengths(to an infinately lesser degree;) )

9. DancingJools

DancingJools Member

It's Jean-Marc Genereux and France Mousseau.

10. Jean Marc is just the nicest person and just a super coach.

11. JohnLL

JohnLL New Member

Jean-Marc and France absolutely rock! The first time I ever did a comp (pro-am) they judged and then did a showcase for us later that night. I was already hooked on dancing but I was absolutely mesmerized (still am) by their dancing. They recently taught several workshops in the Boston area at a studio dance camp and I was fortunate enough to get into them. Absolutely amazing! (Can you tell that I worship them). Sorry to rave and gush here but Jean-Marc is truly an idol for me. They are actually going to be judging and doing a show at the Arthur Murray Mystic Showcase in CT in a couple weeks too. Can't wait!!!

12. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

I agree. Genuinely nice people, too. I am always happy to support their cause when they are around. Their "My Way" performance usually brings me to tears.

13. SDsalsaguy

Thanks for the correction Jools, I've been going on very little sleep recently. :?

14. SDsalsaguy

What I always get the biggest kick from is that their looks and personalities are absolutely the inverse of each other... he with the glasses, she with the red hair, but he the mega-ham and she the far more quiet and reserved one. Both really, really great people though!

15. cl5814

cl5814 New Member

I won't say too much, but in my case, specifically one of my instructors used dance as a mask for other "really undesirable behaviors" in their personal life. In the dance world, he is known as a "professional"; in his private life, well, let's leave it there....... 2 different people in 1 physical body.

Another female instructor was as gentle and caring about her students as she was in her private life. She did a lot of volunteer work that involved dancing.

16. cl5814

cl5814 New Member

I concur wholeheartedly. It can become a difficult situation when one of the two parties wants to share private life events on a frequent basis that the other party does not care for. Unless i have to cancel at the last minute or running more than few minutes late; only then will I disclose more personal info why i had to cancel or why i am running so late so that other person would hopefully understand.