Yulia Zagoruychenko

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by dansa, Nov 13, 2008.

1. dansa

dansa New Member

ok thanks! is the normally wearing the blizzard shoe by ray rose you think?
    Cause i really admire her footwork and i think she always manage to get the perfect pointy feet, and her shoes really follows what she does...

also im thinking that she has long legs compared to her body which make her dancing look eaven better then for a normal person. (guessing)
  2. dansa

dansa New Member

actually i emailed rayrose and asked them which shoe it is Yulia is using and apperantly is Cyclone.
    Anyone has experience with this shoe? im thinking of trying it out but im worried that because how the straps are done, my littletoe will fall out all the tim...
  3. sambagirl

sambagirl Member

Joanna Zacharewicz also uses Cyclones. From my experience Cyclones are better if you have a wider forefoot and Blizzards better for a narrower one. My pinky toe comes out of both of them and I've just gotten used to it, because I love the heel cups Ray Rose uses on both models.
  4. dansa

dansa New Member

thanks for your answer! have you any experience with "Drizzle"?
    Because i really want to buy something very similar to Cyclones but i just dont want that space between the straps (that causes the pinkytoe to fall out), and Drizzle has more straps though. Anyone knows if Drizzle is similar to Cyclone?
  5. Ravenmoon

Ravenmoon New Member

The Earthquake model also has more straps to help prevent the pinky toe from coming out...never tried them myself though...been trying to debate between those and the cyclone as my next pair of shoes...
  6. sambagirl

sambagirl Member

Sorry, never have tried either of those -- I'm a Blizzard girl and sticking with them!
  7. Ravenmoon

Ravenmoon New Member

Anyone else with an opinion on the Ray Rose shoes?
  8. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

Saw them at OSB, absolutely awesome!!! I couldn't take my eyes off them during both single dances & shows.
  9. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Swear by them. Have a narrow foot, so wear the Queen B. No toes popping out.
  10. mamboqueen

Just one word: fierce!
  11. Natalka

Natalka Member

Actually, you are right...Yulia wears Cyclone but she is also wearing Ray Rose's new slim heel which need to be ordered by special order at this time.
    I saw her wearing these last year at USDSC & I called the Ray Rose company to ask about the slim heel & they told me that she was "testing" them out. I have now been wearing this slim heel & much prefer the look to the flare heel as it is very elegant.

Also, yes, Cyclone is better for wide feet...definitely not narrow feet.
  12. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Love the Ray Rose shoes I have been wearing.

Am now trying out the wide Earthquakes since they've discontinued the WIDE Monsoons. And yes the Earthquakes have more straps to prevent the pinky toe from coming out. Have also noticed that the fore foot space near the toes is wider than the Monsoons. It kinda' has the same foot print in the toe area as the Carmen's (which means more of my toes actually flatten to the ground - not get squished - yay!).
  13. Ravenmoon

Ravenmoon New Member

Slim heels huh? Aren't those harder to balance in?
  14. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

Maybe. But I like the way they look on the foot.
  15. mamboqueen

and dahling, you look mahvelous! ;)
  16. Ravenmoon

Ravenmoon New Member

latingal, how do you like the earthquakes? Would you say that the earthquake wide is the same width in the forefoot as the cyclones? I'm debating between the two because I have a wider forefoot but not sure which ones to buy.
  17. Natalka

Natalka Member

I think the Ray Rose shoes are so well balanced that I have never felt off-balance in them in the slim heel or otherwise...:)
  18. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

Methinks, someone should start a Ray Rose Latin shoe thread... This has moved waaaay beyond any discussion of Yulia's prowess!
  19. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

just checked supershag osb results photos, Riccado & Yulia won all 3 events: pro single dances, pro show dance plus THE BEST OF BEST showdance!!! They are amazing, hard to find such couple with both excellent technique and also doing so well at show dances! they are the only pro couple winning both showdance & the technical single dances!!
  20. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

Super couple