2009 Mac

Standarddancer

Can anybody share their impressions about amateur standard championship?
good floor; but a lot of couples dropped, don't know why, supposed to be 4 rounds but dropped to 3 rounds. so only maybe about 28 couples??? smaller than last year:( 1st round starting approximately 30 mins ahead of schedule. you should come to watch:) MAC is a good comp with convenient location

GJB

Can anybody share their impressions about amateur standard championship?
Four of the six finalists were the same as at Big Apple Dancesport last month. I could have guessed five of the six finalists but wasn't sure who would get the sixth spot. Andrew and Angelica won Big Apple but weren't there last night. I thought Janis and Samantha would win but I wasn't sure how the other placements would go. I think it was the first time I saw Vladislav and Milena and I enjoyed their dancing. Also enjoyed the DFers Kani and Anya, Kat and Alex, and Joe and Skwiggy all of whom made the semis. Enjoyed Grace too!

Standarddancer

When was the DF get together? I hadn't heard about it.
not a formal one though, just friends getting together to eat at the dinner downstairs, last minute decision, we were notified last min, just happened to meet some Dfers there, totally not pre-arranged. but anyway, you left before awards, no?

GJB

not a formal one though, just friends getting together to eat at the dinner downstairs, last minute decision, we were notified last min, just happened to meet some Dfers there, totally not pre-arranged. but anyway, you left before awards, no?
I left right after awards for Amateur Standard. Would have stayed if I knew of something going on but you already mentioned it was not pre-planned.

Wow, I really need to get back on these forums.... Took too much time off.

Thanks for all the congrats.

Standard partner and I placed 5th in pre-champ. Dancing was ok. Not too thrilled with personal goals in either category. Videos do wonders to ground you in reality. :)

Met Mandicraft (waves) in the on-deck area...she and Daphna and the rest of the volunteers were working round the clock...thank you for an excellent weekend!
It was nice to meet you njdancegirl! Thanks for saying hi, it's always fun to meet people from DF. Congrats on doing so well! I met Skwiggy on Saturday night, her and Joe won Masters of Syllabus Standard, that was definitely cool to see! :)

It was a long but very fun three days! I hope everyone that attended enjoyed themselves and everyone that didn't will join us next year. If anyone has any feedback, we would always appreciate it. Such as things you liked, things you didn't, etc...feel free to either post them in here or PM me. Thanks!

Dance Ads