2011 DF Silent Auction!!!

pygmalion

Not everybody can bid at all. But, if you can bid, think about it. It's not about the cookies ... unless they're MY oatmeal raisin cookies and chocolate chip cookies... in which case, ... you know what I'm gonna say. :wink: :p

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
and sometimes people bid, and their bid serves a purpose on its own whethr or not they continue bidding...it is all good ...that is really my point...and I am grateful to folks who bid and who stop bidding at whatever point they feel inclined...they still helped :)

pygmalion

and sometimes people bid, and their bid serves a purpose on its own whethr or not they continue bidding...it is all good ...that is really my point...and I am grateful to folks who bid and who stop bidding at whatever point they feel inclined...they still helped :)

Yep. And then there's the New Testament parable of the Widow's Mite. An old widow gave "two coins of small value" -- everything she had -- which turned out to be of more value than the contribution of the rich man who gave a huge amount out of his excess.

Just saying. Give or bid what you can, whatever that may be. This community is worth it, and you know it, or you wouldn't be here. :wink:

SDsalsaguy

Administrator
Staff member
lol... well, I've resigned myself to going cookieless this year... but at least I have winning bids in on a couple of other items (well, at least so far). :)

j_alexandra

Well, I am feeling happy that I have bids on my chocolate chip cookies, but a little sad that they are not getting anywhere near the attention of the others....oh, well, but I can assure you, they are delish. Quite legendary around my home town -- people beg my mom for these. And I was quite wrong about the quantity....Mom assures me that a batch is really closer to two dozen, so bidders will definitely get more than what I described in the bid.
It's all in the marketing... ;-)

Well, I am feeling happy that I have bids on my chocolate chip cookies, but a little sad that they are not getting anywhere near the attention of the others....oh, well, but I can assure you, they are delish. Quite legendary around my home town -- people beg my mom for these. And I was quite wrong about the quantity....Mom assures me that a batch is really closer to two dozen, so bidders will definitely get more than what I described in the bid.

But I am going to try again for Samina's woopie pies!
I looked at your cookie auction but noticed they have walnuts in which I'm not too keen on. I'm nuts enough without added nuts :D

Dance Ads