2013 USA Dance Nationals - LA

smidra86

I have a question regarding registration for nationals. At the qualifying events they say in the rules that you can only span 2 levels in a single style, so novice and prechamp smooth, for example. But if you were to qualify at several different NQEs for a span of three levels, novice, prechamp, and champ, could you register for nationals in all three?

Daphna

I have a question regarding registration for nationals. At the qualifying events they say in the rules that you can only span 2 levels in a single style, so novice and prechamp smooth, for example. But if you were to qualify at several different NQEs for a span of three levels, novice, prechamp, and champ, could you register for nationals in all three?
No, regardless of how many levels you qualify for at various NQEs you can still only dance two consecutive levels at Nationals. You can qualify for the different levels so that you can see where you stand with regards to your current dancing ability but you need to make a choice for Nationals as to which two levels you will dance e.g. Gold/Novice or Novice/Pre-Champ or Pre-Champ/Champ. See you all soonish.

Daphna

Just wanted to remind everyone to get their admission tickets today, before prices go up. We are extending the early bird price until Feb. 15, so buy the session tickets now. There are some great new events happening, the Salsa Championship, and the Under-21 Latin, Standard, and 10-Dance Championships. Plus there are all of the usual championships: Pre-Teen Gold through Senior III in Standard, Latin, Smooth, and Rhythm. An entire weekend of great and exciting dancing. For the first time we will be choosing couples for a total of three different types of world events. It’s a weekend not to be missed.

Mr 4 styles

remember, there is no 'salsa' dancing in this competition... it's 3 other latin dances, but I did not see any 'salsa' as a dance...
at nationals this year is the debut of the open salsa championships the usa dance winner will be invited to the world games in cali colombia

Bailamosdance

I am pointing out that the championship event does not include salsa, despite what usa dance puts on their website. Wouldn't it be strange if USA Dance sent a couple to the World Champ having danced American Salsa, only to find that the World Championship is about 3 other dances?

DrDoug

booked nationals seems i got the usa dance rate for all 4 nights?? problem solved??
Is there a link on the Nationals web site to make a reservation online? Or can one go to the Marriott web site and use an appropriate group booking code (if so, what)? Or should we just call them?

Daphna

If you go to the usadancenationals.com website and click on the hotel tab and then on the link on the page you'll be brought to the hotel page with our code already inserted. Let me know I you have a problem.

DrDoug

If you go to the usadancenationals.com website and click on the hotel tab and then on the link on the page you'll be brought to the hotel page with our code already inserted. Let me know I you have a problem.
Found it, thank you. However, the online system seems to be showing that rooms for Sunday have sold out.

Dance Ads