Anyone know status of B'room dancing as an Olympic sport?

Thanks for the update, fenixx. You reminded me about the "dropping a sport" thing. There's another rule, too that comes in to play: only sports involving snow and ice can be competed at the Winter Olympics, so even though dancesport is an all-year sport, the IOC would only place it in the Summer Games, which are very very huge right now.

I personally think dancesport should stop wasting its energies on this Olympics stuff and instead focus on being as strong and fair and well-run as possible without having to kowtow to IOC sporting rules.

Thanks for the update, fenixx. You reminded me about the "dropping a sport" thing. There's another rule, too that comes in to play: only sports involving snow and ice can be competed at the Winter Olympics, so even though dancesport is an all-year sport, the IOC would only place it in the Summer Games, which are very very huge right now.

I personally think dancesport should stop wasting its energies on this Olympics stuff and instead focus on being as strong and fair and well-run as possible without having to kowtow to IOC sporting rules.
I second that!

Dance Ads