Arthur Murray Pricing

Lets see if this posts correctly:
this is what is available to me through the week and what it would cost me if paying individually -
Monday group class: $15
Tuesday Group: 15
Tuesday social: 10
Wednesday Group: 15
Thursday Lesson: 65
Friday Group: 15
Friday Social: 10
Saturday Group: 15
Total: $160.00

based on one private lesson a week I get all of that for the $145 a week, actually I pay less because I am still locked in at my original price plus practice time anytime the studio is open, and usually a bronze party once a month.
Yes, and that's why packages work for many people. I compete at a level where group classes are almost always completely worthless, and I unfortunately don't have the time for two socials a week (what time I do have is spent in practice with my am partner).

My studio is home to a large number of am/am and pro/am students, so I don't think the package / group lesson model would work at all.
Last edited:
At $130 per 'unit' (1 45 min private, 1 group, 1 social), the local AM is comparable to that of the OP. For comparison, the largest independent in the area charges $55-$90 (depending on pro, level, and package) for a 50 minute private. And at that price, students get 1-4 group classes per week (again, depending on package), unlimited floor time for practice, discounted entry to socials/practice parties, and the waiver of a floor fee for visiting/outside pros.

I can't speak for the quality of instruction at this AM, but from a strictly financial standpoint, there's no real comparison...

Dance Ads