Awful Music

Miss Silly

Hahahah I know that one. I actually really like it (probably because I think it's the most odd match up of lyrics and musical feeling). Like a musical joke lol

Joe

I use many of them on my iPhone for practice. :)

On another note, why do comp DJs use "ballroom" covers of songs that are perfectly fine--if not better--done by the original artists?

dlliba10

On another note, why do comp DJs use "ballroom" covers of songs that are perfectly fine--if not better--done by the original artists?
If it comes packaged on a Dancesport CD and labeled as proper tempo and format, it's probably easier to use than to pull the original track, verify the tempo, ensure cuts for proper intros and no weird interspersed bars, etc.

Sex bomb waltz?o_O

I thought the tango in this Mirko and Edita honor dance was truly terrible. Cannot stand the incessant thumping and the techno-ness (?!)
The tango starts around 1:35 [youtube v=4iG1hkZ-o-E]

NonieS

I just remember hearing it at a comp and thinking, "so he's either trying to turn a straight dude gay, or a lesbian straight... wut????" It just becomes a very different song when sung by a guy haha.
Ok, I take that back. In this version, he clearly sings "don' cha wish your BOYFRIEND," so my bad.

Though the first time I heard it at a comp, I could have sworn he said "girlfriend," and all I could think was how he was the wrong gender, so any self-perceived hotness on his end was irrelevant.

Unless the person was bi..... Ok wow I really need to stop now.

Dance Ads