Ballroom teachers needed - no experience required

twnkltoz

Chris Stratton said:
twnkltoz said:
Chris Stratton said:
I thought people usually got married because they were in love?
What's that supposed to mean?
It means that if you find dancing rhythm foxtrot basics with your new spouse on your wedding day boring after 30 seconds you had best file for an annulment!
I disagree. Boring is boring. Fun is fun.

twnkltoz

Chris Stratton said:
twnkltoz said:
Chris Stratton said:
It means that if you find dancing rhythm foxtrot basics with your new spouse on your wedding day boring after 30 seconds you had best file for an annulment!
I disagree. Boring is boring. Fun is fun.
Wedding vows for a new millenium?
OMG, I see what you're saying. I'm all wrong. Why have fun at your wedding? Why have a big party with all your friends? Everyone should have a private ceremony with a minimum of witnesses, then go home and go about their lives. No party, no friends, no gifts, and certainly not a honeymoon. Because, the only thing that's important is the vows, and why would you want to do anything but that?

Thank God you showed me the light, Chris. Now I can go to work tonight and tell all my wedding couples to save their money. It's just tragic that I didn't talk to you before my own wedding.

Well, on the bright side there's the strong possibility that those who view having a big fun party as the most important aspect of a wedding may get to be the center of attention at more than one such event during the course of their lives.

twnkltoz

Chris Stratton said:
twnkltoz said:
twist, twist, twist
Do I detect a fun dance with only one basic idea?
That, or someone who's run out of arguments so must resort to twisting the words of his opponents.

Either way, it's got a good beat and you can dance to it. Unless you're doing it for fun, in which case you should be ashamed.

DancePoet

Not sure this has anything to do with the current tangent this has taken, but here goes anyway.

One of the most important things a couple can do to achieve joy in their relationship is to conciously co-commit themselves to be certain they are finding ways to have fun. (Of course this is only one and their are others I can think of as well.)

pygmalion

We are so far off on a tangent, I can't keep up anymore, so I'll tell the story of my second eldest sister.

Neither she nor her husband is a dancer by DF terms. They got married seven and a half years ago and have been happily married ever since. Theirs was the best and most fun wedding I've ever attended, though they couldn't dance. They did the old grope and sway to "At Last," the old Etta James classic (which is not a great dance tune, btw.) I've been to a LOT of weddings, and this was the best. . (My Dad is a minister who does a MEAN wedding sermon, so he always gets requested.)

Anyway, here's my point. For dancers, the wedding dance is about dancing, among other things. For non-dancers, the wedding dance is about other things and, oh, by the way, dancing (or grope and sway LOL.) There are two totally different perspectives being represented in this thread. As a dancer, all you have to care about is the dancing. As a dance teacher, you have to be cognizant of both, or else you go out of business.

Just my thoughts.

DancePoet

Lol ... now that's a good one. Whichever you'd prefer? How about both?

I'm already being silly and the night is young! ;)

(Maybe I need to take a break before I get too carried away.)

DancePoet

twnkltoz wrote: "Oh, is that what this thread was about??"

Lol.

Nah ... I'm probably just imagining things. Might be a recall problem developed after a not fully successful alien abduction attempt. ;)

Lol, again.

Dance Ads