Best Color Gown

hmmm and123 rainbow i think i had a dress like that when i was little lol:cool:

DanceMentor :lol: the problem with a clear dress is the judges might get a bit distracted :oops:

but thanks for the ideas they definately made me smile!

and123

hmmm, well, IIRC, it was constructed of this rainbow metallic lycra with inserts of chiffon in the skirt, all different colors. It was noticeable, but not necessarily in a *good* way.

Standarddancer

I’m not a big fan of gold, just because I look really dreadful in nude or gold color; silver would look nice if use the silver sequined bodice but other colored skirt; I would think pink or blue would be better for someone who’s pale.

hereKittyKitty

Administrator
Staff member
hkk: that's exactly why I wouldn't wear a gold dress. Only I sorta figured that out on my own when I saw someone wear a gold dress, except I totally missed them on the floor and then figured out why...

I saw Alina Bassiuk in a silver dress in Blackpool semis - it looked sooo good on her and she hardly tanned. She looked like a beautiful snow princess:)
I don't mind silver, I just don't like the metallic silver. One of Alina's other dresses was metallic silver, which was horrible. Looks like a gigantic mirror. But I've seen the silver/grayish one she wore a Blackpool this year and I thought that one was nice.

Ithink

I know what you mean. One of the pro semi-finalists at Blackpool had this silver dress with giant metallic-looking mirrored appliques and I thought it was hideous. And she kept wearing it all week, for Rising Star and Pro, all rounds.

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
when it comes to metallic, a dash of it can be nice, I tend to have gold in alot of my gowns because it suits my coloring...but this is not one of those instances where if a little is good, alot is better...nope

Standarddancer

I know what you mean. One of the pro semi-finalists at Blackpool had this silver dress with giant metallic-looking mirrored appliques and I thought it was hideous. And she kept wearing it all week, for Rising Star and Pro, all rounds.
Well this achieve the purpose of being eye-catching and distinctive and being remembered, maybe somehow such distinctive dress helped the couple to be standout from crowd and captured judge’s attention;) so dress served purpose in this way which is important for blackpool

etp777

of course, now that I've been a smarta**, have checked pictures (just quickly, not completely, obviously) of 9 out of 12 semifinalists and haven't found dres sin question. :p

KimS

danceplaza.com/index.tpl?style=foto&action=overview&gallery=Rob_Ronda/Blackpool_Dance_Festival_2009/Professional_RS_Ballroom&dirid=3978&blader=2

there are two pictures of a silver dress

Ithink

It's Anna Longmore's dress. She was also an RS Standard finalist. It was one of those rare time where a dress can totally turn one off of a person's actual dancing:(

Katarzyna

I think her gowns are different unique and kind of cool, noticed her gown in RS few years back when she had a rich blue gown with circles etc... but I cannot say i dislike her dresses, I like most of her current ones... cut decoration etc... matter of taste I guess, I like that they have that different edge

Ithink

Yes, it's great that people have such varying tastes! Me, I'll take pretty over edgy anyday, personally;) But I guess if anything, her gown was memorable...

Dance Ads