Blackpool 2010

So, it seems both Pro Rising Star events have been won by newcomers! Smagin & Kazatchenko just turned pro, and now Valerio Colantoni & Yuliya Spesivtseva, who were both pro before with other partners, have won in their first comp dancing together. What's that about?
Thanks everyone for the congratulations. We are excited to be dancing blackpool for the first time, and definitely love dancing here. More dancing on wednesday for us!

Results from Pro RS standard are up. The first place couple was very nice. I also liked the 3rd place a bit. It was a close match between 2, 3rd, and 4th place. Congrats to Lebedeve from Canada for making 5th, only couple in north america to do so.

Interestingly, I noticed the winners of Senior Standard came in 6th for Senior latin! quite impressive to do 10 dance well!

Congrats also. I like your blog. Just saw Olga Kinnard dance with her Pro-Am students and compete professionally at The Atlanta Open so it was interesting to read her interview.
Russia's dancesport website says that although Colantoni and Spesivtseva are listed as representing Italy, dancesport received information that the couple will be representing Russia
Champions and Notable Pro Standard dancers who must dance rom Round 1 in Blackpool because they have new partners:
Mirko Gozzoli (dancing with new partner Edita Daniute) (not sure if they will dance); Giampiero Giannico dancing with new partner Anna Mikhed (.); Victor Fung (dancing with new partner Anastasia Muravyeva); Mikhail Andeev (dancing with new partner Olga Blinova); Ikaika Dowsett (dancing with new partner Olya Zhuk).
And an equally impressive list also if you include the Latin people: Slavyk and Anna; Maurizio and Andra; Whatshisname and Melinda (not sure if they're in the program, though, it's kinda late right now), etc. etc.
Please keep us posted! Many new and exciting partnerships.
I've heard the following about the Blackpool Congress. This yr's theme is Dance Impact:

Arunas Bizokas and Katusha Demidova on "Quickstep Impact";
Victor Fung and Anastasia Muravyova on "Foxtrot Impact";
Riccardo Cocchi and Yulia Zagoruychenko on "Rumba Impact";
Roberto Villa and Morena Colagreco lectured on "Tango Impact";
Franco Formica and Oxana Lebedew on "Samba Impact";
Andrew Sinkinson on "The Purist Approach";
Donnie Burns and Gaynor Fairweather on "The Perfect Match";
Joanne Bolton on "Body Brilliance";
Michael Malitowski and Joanne Leunis on "Cha Cha Impact";
Richard Gleave on "A Lifetime of Study";
Victor Da Silva and Hanna Karthunen on "A Lifting Experience".
Anna Mikhed and Giampiero Giannico had a special performance.
Mirko Gozzoli was scheduled but his lecture was cancelled for an unexplained reason.

As usual, DVDs will be available in a later day.

Dance Ads