blackpool results

GJB said:
Some initial results for latin are up. It looks like Slavik and Elena, Dmitri and Karina, and Klaus and Viktoria did not dance. A bit of a let down.
Not necessarily, the results are incomplete: the page you are looking at has only 31 couples in round 2.

GJB

dancesportgirl21 said:
i'm confused though- according to that, only 31 couples competed in pro latin- is that possible?

also, Jonathan and Katusha aren't registered for pro standard
1. I think those couples listed as "no results for" either did not dance or were eliminiated and did not make the top 31. I think they will fill in the details when they have more time.

2. The lists do not show the couples that have a "bye". That's why you don't see Jonathan and Katusha, yet.

GJB

tendancer said:
Not necessarily, the results are incomplete: the page you are looking at has only 31 couples in round 2.
Yes, the results are incomplete but the three couples I mentioned surely would have made it to the top 31. And, they did not have a "bye".

GJB said:
Yes, the results are incomplete but the three couples I mentioned surely would have made it to the top 31. And, they did not have a "bye".
Yes but what I mean is 31 is way way too few couples for round 2. Either this is one of the smallest pro latin event in recent blackpool memory or we're wasting time looking at incomplete results that's still being updated. It's likely the latter.

GJB said:
1. I think those couples listed as "no results for" either did not dance or were eliminiated and did not make the top 31. I think they will fill in the details when they have more time.

2. The lists do not show the couples that have a "bye". That's why you don't see Jonathan and Katusha, yet.
ooo- i didn't know the site didn't post couples w/byes initially

i can't wait to see what happens w/the pro latin results!

GJB

tendancer said:
Yes but what I mean is 31 is way way too few couples for round 2. Either this is one of the smallest pro latin event in recent blackpool memory or we're wasting time looking at incomplete results that's still being updated. It's likely the latter.
You are correct. They just updated round 2 to top 102 couples. But, still no Slavik and Elena and Dmitri and Karina. But, Klaus and Viktoria are dancing.

GJB

gingerbread said:
I am puzzled also. I cannot imagine a scenario where Slavik and Elena would not be dancing...
Maybe someone is injured or they are not ready. I heard another couple took or almost took a dance from them at the Russian Championships.

Sorry to skew the thread a little, but does anyone know where I can find pictures from this year's Blackpool? Dancesportinfo.net doesn't have any, does it usually take a little while for them to put them up?

Dance Ads