blackpool results

#41
they have quarter and semifinal results from the INDIVIDUAL dances in pro latin, but the overal pro latin results are still at round 4.... i thought it was all danced together? at the same time? in other words if we know who is in the semis of all 5 dances, shoudln't we also know who is in the semis overall?
 
#42
Blackpool Dance Festival dot net has lots of photos already uploaded... enjoy!

I was also surprised not to see Slavik and Elena. Will be interesting to see how the final shapes up with Brian & Carmen, Michael & Joanna, Andrei & Katharina, Ricardo & Joanna, Dimitry & Karina, Max & Yulia, Marcus & Elena etc. all in the running...
 
#43
i figured carmen is a lock for the trophy. who will be next?

i would really love to see max and yulia be more fairly placed this year.
 

GJB

Well-Known Member
#44
alemana said:
they have quarter and semifinal results from the INDIVIDUAL dances in pro latin, but the overal pro latin results are still at round 4.... i thought it was all danced together? at the same time? in other words if we know who is in the semis of all 5 dances, shoudln't we also know who is in the semis overall?
No, at Blackpool it's not "all danced together". Promotion to finals and semis is on a per dance basis.
 
#46
right but my question is:

if you make the semis in all 5 dances, say, do you then automagically make the semis in the overall pro latin category? is the pro latin category an aggregate or average result of the results of the 5 dances?
 

GJB

Well-Known Member
#47
I think the overall placement is somehow based on total marks not an average.

Edit: Actually, I don't think it can be total marks. I don't know what it is.
 
#48
It's down to the semi now... here are the couples for the semi in Samba (did not copy all the other dances in)

13 Andrej Skufca - Katarina Venturini Slovenia
13 Paul Richardson - Olga Rodionova Usa
13 Klaus Kongsdal - Viktoria Franova Denmark
13 Andrey Bouchik - Valeria Bushueva Russia
13 Michael Malitowski - Joanna Leunis Poland
13 Dmitry Timokhin - Karina Smirnoff Russia
13 Maxim Kozhevnikov - Yulia Zagoruychenko Usa
13 Bryan Watson - Carmen Vincelj Germany
13 Markus Homm - Elena Kalugina Germany
13 Sergey Surkov - Agnieszka Melnicka Poland
13 Riccardo Cocchi - Joanne Wilkinson Italy
13 Egor Vyshegorodtsev - Natalia Petrova Russia
13 Andrei Gavriline - Elena Kryuchkova Usa
 
#50
open latin final:

Bryan Watson & Carmen Vincelj Germany 0 0
2 Michal Malitowski & Joanna Leunis Poland 0 0
3 Andrej Skufca & Katarina Venturini Slovenia 0 0
4 Dmitri Timokhin & Karina Smirnoff Russia 0 0
5 Riccardo Cocchi & Joanne Wilkinson
Italy 0 0
6 Klaus Kongsdal & Victoria Franova
Denmark 0 0
7 Sergey Sourkov & Agnieszka Melnicka
 
#51
No US couples in the final; Max & Yulia made all the semis. Andre & Elena missed a couple
Paul & Olga made all the semis; Darren & Lilya missed a couple.
Riccardo & Joanne took the Samba & Paso from Dimitri & Karina.
 

GJB

Well-Known Member
#53
I had correctly guessed the top 6. But, I thought Dimitri and Karina might be second. Their partnership is still new. The others have been dancing together for years.
 

GJB

Well-Known Member
#55
DancingJools said:
No US couples in the final; Max & Yulia made all the semis. Andre & Elena missed a couple
Paul & Olga made all the semis; Darren & Lilya missed a couple.
Riccardo & Joanne took the Samba & Paso from Dimitri & Karina.
Thanks, Jools. Give us your thoughts when you get a chance (I know it's late in the UK right now).
 
#56
The news really is Sergey Sourkov & Melia, who were "featured" prominently before the dancing as shoo-ins for high placements. I am biased so dont ask for my opinion. The news is, they kicked Klaus Kongsdal and Vika from the final in two dances - Samba & PD, which is interesting considering their results as amateurs through last year.
 

GJB

Well-Known Member
#58
DancingJools said:
The news really is Sergey Sourkov & Melia, who were "featured" prominently before the dancing as shoo-ins for high placements. I am biased so dont ask for my opinion. The news is, they kicked Klaus Kongsdal and Vika from the final in two dances - Samba & PD, which is interesting considering their results as amateurs through last year.
So, what if you're biased. You're not a judge. It's allowed : )

How did Max and Yulia look?

Any word on why Slavik and Elena did not dance?
 
#60
DancingJools said:
The news really is Sergey Sourkov & Melia, who were "featured" prominently before the dancing as shoo-ins for high placements. I am biased so dont ask for my opinion. The news is, they kicked Klaus Kongsdal and Vika from the final in two dances - Samba & PD, which is interesting considering their results as amateurs through last year.

what does it mean to be featured?
 

Dance Ads