Chocolate Thread

wow, you like green tea ice-cream?? That's rare! I used to work at Baskin-Robins and none of our non-asian customers liked green tea. They just didn't like the taste!

courageous! remind me the last time i had greek.....eek, all i can say is i was fortunate the hospital was only 2 blocks away from my office!

Sagitta

lynn said:
wow, you like green tea ice-cream?? That's rare! I used to work at Baskin-Robins and none of our non-asian customers liked green tea. They just didn't like the taste!
I'm Asian and I don't like it. Green tea is one thing, but as ice-cream...!! :shock:

Green tea is a favorite of Asian BORN and RAISED in Asia. If you were raised in the states like your Asian Baskin-Robbins customers most likely were, Lynn, you would probably not have a liking for green tea ice cream.

Sagitta-
I stand corrected- the concept of green tea ice cream is a totally EAST Asian thing. Have you ever seen green tea ice cream in India? (Come to think of it, I never saw ANYONE eating ice cream when I was in India...)

Sagitta

cocodrilo said:
Green tea is a favorite of Asian BORN and RAISED in Asia. If you were raised in the states like your Asian Baskin-Robbins customers most likely were, Lynn, you would probably not have a liking for green tea ice cream.

Sagitta-
I stand corrected- the concept of green tea ice cream is a totally EAST Asian thing. Have you ever seen green tea ice cream in India? (Come to think of it, I never saw ANYONE eating ice cream when I was in India...)
I was raised in Tanzania, East Africa, and I have seen quite a few people in Pune, Mahastra and other states eat ice cream. They had a green ice cream...I forget what flavor is was...that people did like...but not green tea.

Lime sherbet, maybe?

BTW, Sagitta- what is the name of that local homemade hooch that Goa is famous for? They were making cocktails out of it when I was there and they named them "Goan Crazy"...

Sagitta

cocodrilo said:
Lime sherbet, maybe?

BTW, Sagitta- what is the name of that local homemade hooch that Goa is famous for? They were making cocktails out of it when I was there and they named them "Goan Crazy"...
Nope..not lime sherbert...stil thinking

Two drinks actually

caju- liquer made from cashews, good for digestion

feni - alcohol made from coconuts

Probably caju is my guess since I see that being hawked and advertised as the famous Goan drink.

Sagitta

cocodrilo said:
The name had a cute sound- maybe it was feni...I never tried it. Drank a lot of Kingfisher Beer though.
Yup Kigfisher beer is popular there. had quite a bit too. Not too dark, but not like bud, either.

Katarzyna

cocodrilo said:
I was born adn grew up in Poland... But had green tea icecream only in the US

I think it might be an acquired taste. I didn't care for it much when I first tried it. Same with miso, takuan(yellow Japanese pickles) or fermented soybeans...

pygmalion

Sagitta said:
cocodrilo said:

Sagitta-
I was raised in Tanzania, East Africa, and I have seen quite a few people in Pune, Mahastra and other states eat ice cream. They had a green ice cream...I forget what flavor is was...that people did like...but not green tea.
I used to get pistachio water ice that was green. Was that the ice cream flavor? Pistachio? :?

pygmalion

Katarzyna said:
cocodrilo said:
But had green tea icecream only in the US
Green tea ice cream? Where'd you get that? :)

MacMoto

lynn said:
Leonidas?? is that an european brand??
Another famous Belgian chocolatier, despite the Greek name (the founder was of Greek origin I think). I've never tried their chocolate... will try when I get a chance :).

Dance Ads