Christmas Tangos

bordertangoman

I'm sure this comes up once a year. Are there any Xmas tangos?

or do we have to try dancing to White Christmas or Santa Baby or I saw Mummy kissing Santa Claus

("Everyone know there aint no Sanity Clause") Marx Brothers

bordertangoman

"Christmas Tango," Bob Curtis Trio +2 from the CD "Christmas Straight Up", 1997. But it's a ballroom tango, not AT.
does that mean the tempo is too fast?

maybe the answer is the "One Song to the Tune of Another" from "I'm sorry I havnt a Clue"
eg singing White Christmas to the tune of El Choclo or Jingle Bells to Jalousie, but as a really bad singer i shall leave that to others. Alex, Korey how about composing something?

Steve Pastor

Staff member
Had my coffee this AM and Jose Feliciano's Feliz Navidad was on at the coffee place.
It's not a tango, but I couldn't help but think of this thread.
It's pretty fast, and I would dance it more as a canyengue/milonga dancing mostly the strongest beat I could find in the music.
There are lots of "breaks" in song, which would be a fun chance to use all of your "tango poses", or learn some if you want.
Reference Luciana Valle and Alex Krebs dancing to, what?, a yiddish song? for ideas about how to go about this.
(I'm not sure of Alex's ethnicity, but I know he spent time in Eastern Europe studying their music (as did one time state champion fiddle player Hollis Taylor) and has had a Gypsy night at Tango Berretin. OK now THIS is off topic!)
Not a tango, but it's in Spanish!

Dance Ads