Competition Costs

standardgirl said:
see you there! :D
This may sound bad but we are stumped on what to fill out on the entry forms.

We are thinking of doing maybe 5-10 heats and one championship (Standard).

What is it? $30 heat? and $45 for championships?

DanceMentor said:
This may sound bad but we are stumped on what to fill out on the entry forms.

We are thinking of doing maybe 5-10 heats and one championship (Standard).

What is it? $30 heat? and $45 for championships?
I think it's $35 per dance, and $75 for scholarship? not exactly sure.
Are you dancing pro events?

We were thinking something like:
Closed Silver - 5 dances
Open Silver Champ
Possibly closed gold - 5 dances

I should show you a video of our waltz and let you help place us. :)

DanceMentor said:
We were thinking something like:
Closed Silver - 5 dances
Open Silver Champ
Possibly closed gold - 5 dances

I should show you a video of our waltz and let you help place us. :)
I think I am confused, I thought you are a pro? Are you dancing with students?

DanceMentor said:
My wife and I would be dancing pro-am.
Oh......I see. That makes sense now. :)
I will be dancing pro/am as well, most likely the 2 closed scholarships and 5 single dances. I can't seem to find anything regarding single dance entries being required to enter scholarhsip events on their website. Do you know anything about it? I would rather not do any single dance, if that's the case.

standardgirl said:
Oh......I see. That makes sense now. :)
I will be dancing pro/am as well, most likely the 2 closed scholarships and 5 single dances. I can't seem to find anything regarding single dance entries being required to enter scholarhsip events on their website. Do you know anything about it? I would rather not do any single dance, if that's the case.
Which level are you doing? Maybe we'll have the pleasure of competing together.

Twilight_Elena said:
So. I was wondering how much a competition would cost to a pro/am, am/am and pro/pro couple, sans coaching/gowns/shoes/tails expenses. Competition fees and hotels, that is.

Twilight Elena
Well, as far as fees go, am/am is usually way cheaper if one goes to USABDA comp vs. NDCA. A couple I know chose to drive 5 hours and stay at the hotel to participate in USABDA comp rather than in NDCA one that was right here in town on teh same weekend - all because gas+hotel+entry fees for the first one were still cheaper than 10 single dance events + multi-dance event at NDCA one!
Hotel fees vary widely, depending on where you're willing to stay.
I really like it when organizers give you options depending on how many events you compete in. Like, there is this local comp - it's all you can dance for $70/person or up to 3 events for $30/person. Since I only do one style, I appreciate this option very much (I don't know if it's common to offer that).
So in a nutshell, the answer is "it depends": the lowest you can do is $30 pp for fees and parking on a friend's couch, and sky is the limit.

Dance Ads