Dancing With the Stars 3

#81
Laura said:
Ashly has done her share of growing up -- don't let the squeaky voice fool you. She's been married, divorced, and was a professional Latin competitor for a few years before doing DWTS.
Well, I haven't been married or anything, but that doesn't mean that you are officially grown up if you do become married etc. in my opinion. And I've had a tougher life than Ashly, but that doesn't mean that I have learned everything by my age even. But sometimes you just know when to act and say things like what we were talking about in another post, and to me Ashly has not learned this. I don't think that she was ready to be on television, because of that reason. But again, that's my opinion... and I'm sticking to it lol! ;)
 

Merrylegs

Well-Known Member
#83
I actually thought that Lil Jon and the Dave Chapelle character were the same person for the longest time. Seriously, the impersonation is remarkable.

Laura said:
Well, if you want to go really crazy they could get Lil' Jon. Between the reefer and him going WHHHHAAAAT?! all the time...(see Dave Chapelle's impression of him for details).
 
#84
Laura said:
Cheryl is younger than Ashly, and had been a pro for a lot less time than Ashly. I think the "youngest" pro, in terms of number of months of actually being a pro, was Andrea.
How long has Cheryl been a pro? I think Andrea's been pro for quite awhile (it would have to be at least 5 or so years now, wouldn't it?).
 

Laura

New Member
#85
Cheryl turned pro to dance with Jose DeCamps. She stopped dancing with her last amateur partner, Soren Hougaard, in 2004. Dancesportinfo.net says she started with Jose in January of 1990, but that is completely wrong.

Andrea couldn't have been pro for five years -- she danced in the IDSF world 10 dance much more recently than that, and was in Amateur comps with David Semken in 2004. She might have been teaching for the past five years, but she was still officially an amateur.
 
#86
Another name for DTWS3 is showing up: Masiela Lusha

Doesn't sound familiar? She plays the daughter in The George Lopez Show.

Twenty years old.

She's Albanian, not Hispanic.
 
#88
I'm a good friend of Louis, in fact, we went out for dinner earlier this week in NYC, and yes, Dancing with the stars III is coming soon. Really soon. Enjoy!
 

Laura

New Member
#89
I heard a while ago that the Stars and Pros would start working together in August, in preparation for the show to start sometime in September. Do you have any more specific or up-to-date details than that?
 
#90
Hi Laura:

Laura said:
I heard a while ago that the Stars and Pros would start working together in August, in preparation for the show to start sometime in September. Do you have any more specific or up-to-date details than that?
Actually, they start sometime next week or in two weeks. That's all I'd like to say.

;)
 
#91
monicadances said:
I'm a good friend of Louis, in fact, we went out for dinner earlier this week in NYC, and yes, Dancing with the stars III is coming soon. Really soon. Enjoy!
Ok, I know I have a picture of Max in my avatar, but Louis is also very hot!!! :raisebro:
 
#94
Happened to be at the season 3 auditions in NYC. Saw a few familiar faces who were called in for interviews...Diana McDonald, Val Chmerkovskiy, David Oliveri, Tony Dovolani.
 

mamboqueen

Well-Known Member
#95
Can Val maintain his amateur status whilst doing this? I understand there are rules for amateurs teaching, but this to me is really a "professional" gig.
 

Ithink

Active Member
#96
Maybe this is a sign that Val might be turning pro soon? If he's auditioning, it might be also a clue that one of the celebrities will be a young girl (maybe like a Hilary Duff or someone) because I doubt they'd pair Val with with an older lady since he's so young...
 

mamboqueen

Well-Known Member
#97
Hmm...I was wondering if perhaps Max changed his plans and offered Val up in his stead...but I shouldn't speculate (shame on me!). I hate to see Val go pro at such an early age. Clearly, they have the am title coming their way...sooner or later.
 
#99
GJB said:
Doesn't Val have elite status? Maybe he can do the show and still remain amateur.
The show calls the ballroom dancers "professionals," so if you agree to be on that show, whether your elite or not, I think you're going to be considered Pro in the end because the show is going to keep saying "XYZ with his/her pro partner..." By accepting a job on a show that pairs celebrities with Professional ballroom dancers would mean you're declaring yourself a professional, which automatically converts you in the eyes of both USA Dance and the NDCA.
 
Porfirio Landeros said:
The show calls the ballroom dancers "professionals," so if you agree to be on that show, whether your elite or not, I think you're going to be considered Pro in the end because the show is going to keep saying "XYZ with his/her pro partner..." By accepting a job on a show that pairs celebrities with Professional ballroom dancers would mean you're declaring yourself a professional, which automatically converts you in the eyes of both USA Dance and the NDCA.
Yeah, but is that because of the number of dances that you dance in the show though? Because I've been noticing at competitions that you can't dance this or that category until you've danced this number of dances.
 

Dance Ads