Dancing With the Stars All-Star Edition Coming Next Season to ABC!

danceronice

Eh, Shawn's good, but she was good before and she already won once, and Derek's got a closet full of mirror balls. Give Tony a break, he's gotten screwed by bad/no-hope partners enough.

And one of them MUST win now. Seriously. I would rather have had Apolo OR Emmitt than sourpuss Kelly in the final. Please, soap fans, give it up.

danceronice

Totally agree... Few DWTS performances have moved me quite like Val and Kelly's did at the end, and I don't think it's just because of Val. I thought the energy in her movement was palpable, and I'll take imperfect technique with lots of well-placed raw emotion over the reverse any day.
See, totally missed all of that. I found it clunky and nothing a competent bronze dancer couldn't do--no emotion at all, just clunky dancing and her usually crabby face. (And the whole playing up a "relationship" plotline is just kind of creepy....someone on FSU put it, I have to take a shower afterwards, and they don't mean a cold shower...)

I have to take a shower afterwards, and they don't mean a cold shower...)
Yeah, I admittedly laughed really hard when they showed Louis telling them to get a room. Until they prove otherwise, I'm going to assume they've been working on their horizontal rumba since before the contemporary routine earlier in the season. It's easier and more entertaining that way :p

danceronice

I have a feeling Shawn's going to win for flash and being the 'rebel', but I hope that Melissa and Tony pull it out. I don't like contemporary (still don't) but at least she managed to make it look easy and pretty. (I thought all three of their 'redemption' dances all looked a bit tired.) Shawn's freestyle was more about the gymnastics, but they didn't hide her behind the Five.

About Kelly's two routines, the less said, the better....

davedove

I have a feeling Shawn's going to win for flash and being the 'rebel', but I hope that Melissa and Tony pull it out. I don't like contemporary (still don't) but at least she managed to make it look easy and pretty. (I thought all three of their 'redemption' dances all looked a bit tired.) Shawn's freestyle was more about the gymnastics, but they didn't hide her behind the Five.

About Kelly's two routines, the less said, the better....
I did like how Derek pulled in elements from their previous routines into the freestyle. A lot of Shawn's routines throughout the season have had a lot of gymnastics, which I can understand, to an extent. For me though, it too often crossed the line from being a dance with some gymnastics to a gymnastics routine with some dance.

I too am hoping for a win from Melissa, mainly for Tony. After all, as it's been said, Derek already has a closet full of mirror balls. I'm also not a big fan of contemporary, but it did suit Melissa's style. Plus, their freestyle was a partner dance, instead of a production number like the other two. I appreciate when the pros focus on the dancing instead of trying to dazzle the audience with flash.

Mr 4 styles

I appreciate when the pros focus on the dancing instead of trying to dazzle the audience with flash.
the couple with the most dancing with hands touching was val and kelly

and any freestyle was supersized it was kellys

silkwork violin choir and dancing

mainly for Tony
not a reason to pick the winner just like pro am IMO

danceronice

the couple with the most dancing with hands touching was val and kelly

and any freestyle was supersized it was kellys

silkwork violin choir and dancing
Except where she fumbled basic holds and lost her grip. And her freestyle wasn't dancing, it was stalling, burying themselves in a crowd, and standing and waiting in the most obvious and awkward way possible-seriously, I have seen less-obvious setups for lifts in Juvenile pairs programs (average age--12.) She just should not ever try to do anything with her arms when she dances, she can't do anything but look awkward. It's really obvious back to back with Melissa, who completes her lines and finishes steps.

If crowd-pleasing is the ultimate decider, Shawn should win. (Dubious quickstep aside. She's only okay when she dances a 'straight' program, which is annoying because if Derek spent more time on actual dance steps she could be better, but she can sell a flashy routine and be fun.) If it's actual pleasant dancing, it should be Melissa (I don't like contemporary, but she has enough technique it was at least pleasant to watch. Finished lines, full stretch, entry, position-changes and exits from lifts that don't make you go *eep* and hold your breath.) Kelly really doesn't deserve to be there, yet again (shouldn't have won the first time against John, either.)

Mr 4 styles

lost her grip.
in the paso val missed the overhand wrist grab.... not kellys fault BTDT:(

don't like contemporary
thats okay because it wasnt contemporary it was cabaret in contemporary side by side work is present rondes leaps catches etc and better story telling not just lifts and running up ands down risers Tony is great at adagios tho and mellissas ballet really served her well

Mr 4 styles

shwan is the most technically precise of the three
across all styles
mellisa is awesome in smooth/standard but dances too high in Latin last nights samba was better but still too light

kelly has no ballet so i think she is the most improved but

shawn should win though that was unwise of Derek to throw away three points on purpose

SDsalsaguy

Administrator
Staff member
Toni Redpath's comments regarding the Monday night finale routines:

It's a shame about @kellymonaco1’s missed #DWTS hand connection mid-paso, but she handled it really well & recovered quickly. Spectacular routine but can't get a 10 if you miss a connection like that.

.@MelissaRycroft is always glamorous and charismatic, however I thought she looked a bit awkward in the #DWTS samba. She's had so much success and growth the last 2 weeks, I thought she would have relaxed in that routine a bit more. Her "cowboy legs" really stand out when she's doing the samba action. Super cool end move though!

Except for the locked-out right arm in closed position @ShawnJohnson’s #DWTS quickstep was amazing. She has her best performances when she can just be bubbly & athletic (basically just being her young self). Incredible routine by Derek.

.@kellymonaco1’s #DWTS Dirty Dancing number was epic! Violin by @iamValC, acrobatic entrance by Kelly, gospel choir, back up dancers! What a feast! Kelly has blossomed on this show this season & I didn't think that was going to happen! Congratulations to her & Val on an amazing season

This "supersized" version of the #DWTS routines really worked for @MelissaRycroft. It was a great opportunity for her to show off her style of previous dance training without the confines of Ballroom technique. Stunning leg extension & beautiful lifts. It was great to see her in her element.

.@ShawnJohnson & @derekhough should be the #DWTS winners as she combines her past training in gymnastics with the best quality of ballroom dancing technique, above all the other contestants. What she lacks in the emotional department she makes up for (massively!) with power-packed, dynamic & incredibly hard routines. That final lift & fall into somersault trick just took my breath away! Derek & Shawn are absolutely my champions!

danceronice

This is a lonnnnnnng finale.

And Tom Bergeron has such a gift for finding a network-friendly way of saying what EVERYONE is thinking (regarding Pam Anderson's dance: "Normally to see something like that there's a two-drink minimum.")

danceronice

*squee*

The right top two, too. I'm not sure what was more awkward, though, Derek's crying interview (really?), or Brooke trying to get Val and Kelly to talk about the relationship 'thing'--where is the gong from the Gong Show or the big hook when you need one? Brooke had been getting over her foot in mouth disease, but man did she relapse tonight...

Wannabee

I must say I'm pretty happy with the results tonight. I would have been perfectly fine with either of the final 2 winning. I was just so freakin happy when they announced Kelly in 3rd place. That made my night. The other 2 were both great. It's hard to argue that Shawn was not the best dancer. I think clearly she was. And as wrong as it may be, I was pulling for the sentimental favorites and am very please with final results!! Yay Tony and Melissa!

Dance Ads