Edita Daniute retires

This makes me sad.

It could spell the end for Mirko as well, and I do enjoy watching his dance styles. I actually find I have very similar natural technique and lines to him.

No doubt major SHOCK!, Mirko and Edita were in many ways better than Arunas and Katusha, (Tango and Quickstep - way better), but definitely way way way more impactful!!!! ...and definitely deserved to be #1

I don't know what Mirko will do, but it wasn't a joint retirement announcement, so I would have to think that he will continue dancing competitively......

glad I'm not going to Dance Legends, that's a major hole in the program to lose Mirko and Edita...there is not alot of people that I would pay that much to see, Mirko and Edita would be up there with Slavik, other than that I don't think it's much of draw except for Michael and Joanna

stash

NOOOO! This makes me incredibly sad.

I wonder if her and Mirko will continue doing shows together if he ends up retiring as well. This is definitely a loss to the ballroom community :(

No doubt major SHOCK!, Mirko and Edita were in many ways better than Arunas and Katusha, (Tango and Quickstep - way better), but definitely way way way more impactful!!!! ...and definitely deserved to be #1

I don't know what Mirko will do, but it wasn't a joint retirement announcement, so I would have to think that he will continue dancing competitively......

glad I'm not going to Dance Legends, that's a major hole in the program to lose Mirko and Edita...there is not alot of people that I would pay that much to see, Mirko and Edita would be up there with Slavik, other than that I don't think it's much of draw except for Michael and Joanna
If they follows the form of other retiring couples/singles, I expect they will perform at Dance Legends and anywhere else they've already agreed to. But may not accept additional bookings.

If they follows the form of other retiring couples/singles, I expect they will perform at Dance Legends and anywhere else they've already agreed to. But may not accept additional bookings.
As I suspected they wouldn't dance, but didn't know for sure...

e-mail from Dance Legends:

We are sorry to announce that due to their recent split in partnership, Mirko Gozzoli and Edita Daniute will not be performing at Dance Legends 2012.

Standarddancer

Such a shame, I still remember when she danced her last am Blackpool with Arunas, she was 5 months pregnant, still danced so light and amazing!!! I was there watching, so beautiful and impressive, never seen 5 month pregnant lady danced so light and competitively!!! Wish her the best for her kids and family! She will be missed !

Dance Ads