Explosions in Egypt!

Pacion

At least 20 people have been killed and dozens wounded in a string of explosions in the Egyptian Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh, police said.

Residents said the first explosion appeared to have taken place in a market area, which includes shops that are popular with tourists.

Witnesses said a four-star hotel was heavily damaged in another explosion in the nearby Naama Bay area.

Preliminary reports said the blasts might have been caused by car bombs.

Pacion

Sabor, I know we may not hear from you for a day or two as it is your weekend, but do let us know asap that you and your friends didn't decide to go to the area for the weekend...

I just realised that we have a fairly new DFer, Shooshoo, who is also from Egypt.

To all DFers from Egypt, in the surrounding countries or those happening to visit Egypt, do let us know asap that you and your loved ones weren't in the vicinity...

SDsalsaguy

Administrator
Staff member
Dagnabit!!!!! :x :x :x :x

All DFers, please let us know, as soon as you can, if you, your friends, and your family, are all OK. :( :( :(

pygmalion

:( Sabor and ShooShoo (and anybody else in Egypt,) please check in and let us know that you and yours are well. 8)

Ironically, in the past couple weeks, I've been working with a young Egyptian grad student who's in the states for a couple months. Needless to say, she and her family who live here are upset (although words can't capture all she said.) Thank goodness all of their family in Egypt are okay. 8)

luh

pygmalion said:
:( Sabor and ShooShoo (and anybody else in Egypt,) please check in and let us know that you and yours are well. 8)

Ironically, in the past couple weeks, I've been working with a young Egyptian grad student who's in the states for a couple months. Needless to say, she and her family who live here are upset (although words can't capture all she said.) Thank goodness all of their family in Egypt are okay. 8)
did someone pm already? They might not see this thread immediatly
luh

luh said:
pygmalion said:
Yes. I just did. :D
thx.
You know what. Sometimes i wonder - do you live on this board?
luh
Nah, she just has a couple of computers programmed to respond in her absence. :wink: :lol:

Sabor is okay, thanks to the wonderful world of text messaging! 8)

pygmalion

Glad to hear it. Thanks for the update, P. :D

And no, I don't live on DF. Especially not lately. :( And probably even less in the near future. Change is a-coming. How I'm going to manage my usual 200+ posts per week, I have NO idea. :? I'm going to have to do some power posting, I guess. :lol: :lol:

Thanks for your concern and thoughtfulness. I am fine, and my family and friends.
Don't know anyone who was there.
Really terrible things happening these days.

pygmalion said:
How I'm going to manage my usual 200+ posts per week, I have NO idea. :? I'm going to have to do some power posting, I guess. :lol: :lol:
:shock: So, you don't have two programmed computers and a cat who post in your absence? :shock: :lol:

pygmalion

Shooshoo said:
Thanks for your concern and thoughtfulness. I am fine, and my family and friends.
Don't know anyone who was there.
Really terrible things happening these days.
Oh! What a relief. 8) I'm so glad you're okay. :friend:

pygmalion

Pacion said:
pygmalion said:
How I'm going to manage my usual 200+ posts per week, I have NO idea. :? I'm going to have to do some power posting, I guess. :lol: :lol:
:shock: So, you don't have two programmed computers and a cat who post in your absence? :shock: :lol:
:shock: :shock: You've figured out my little secret! :roll: :lol: :lol:

Dance Ads