fake tan and make up again

Ya know... Nick Kosovich's secret is spraying... hair spray on your face after you finish putting your makeup on. I tried it at the last couple of comps and it really works with everything but lipstick. The only lipstick that stays on for me is Lip Sense, and even that wears off a bit after a couple of rounds... Guess I'm one of those who 'eats' more than the average 4 pounds of lip stuff in a lifetime...

Ya know... Nick Kosovich's secret is spraying... hair spray on your face after you finish putting your makeup on. I tried it at the last couple of comps and it really works with everything but lipstick.
Wow, that's interesting. I wouldn't have thought to do that... What brand/type of hairspray do you use? Is it comfortable to wear on your face?

Ya know... Nick Kosovich's secret is spraying... hair spray on your face after you finish putting your makeup on. I tried it at the last couple of comps and it really works with everything but lipstick. The only lipstick that stays on for me is Lip Sense, and even that wears off a bit after a couple of rounds... Guess I'm one of those who 'eats' more than the average 4 pounds of lip stuff in a lifetime...
I use Estee Lauder 24 hour lipstick/sealer combo and it stays on perfectly. In fact, it is hard to remove it, it lasts through shower and requires many rubs with makeup remover to get rid of.

Sephora has something, I can't think of the name of it, but it's a make-up sealer and it can be used on eyes, lips, wherever. The employee helping me find it tested it there to show me the effect, and she really had to work at it to get it off with make-up remover. If you're worried about your make-up running of streaking, this seemed like it might do the trick. I have yet to try it out myself though.

About the hairspray trick... any hairspray will do, just don't blast yourself in the face with it. spray a light mist in the general direction of your face and then walk into it. it feels weird and sticky for like the first 1o seconds and then you can't feel it.

I just tried a new tanner, a misting spray by Banana Boat, and boy does it stink! (literally) Apparantly they thought it would be a good idea to load it up w/ a superstrong concentrated dose of fake lime scent..... ick! (and I love lime, but this smells gross!) let's hope the tan itself comes out better than it smells...

and123

mmmm, rotten limes....:rolleyes:
Was in Brooks pharmacy today, and saw something called Sheer Body Tint by Neutrogena. It has no DHA (I believe the major ingredient was "caramel":shock: hmmmm, dip yourself in candy?), and claims to wash off with soap and water. Whether this means it would be sweat-resistant, I don't know.

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
just sounds gross to me...bad enough its on my hair...I find that powder holds my makeup more than adequately and I honestly sweat more than anyone I know

Sephora has something, I can't think of the name of it, but it's a make-up sealer and it can be used on eyes, lips, wherever. The employee helping me find it tested it there to show me the effect, and she really had to work at it to get it off with make-up remover. If you're worried about your make-up running of streaking, this seemed like it might do the trick. I have yet to try it out myself though.

About the hairspray trick... any hairspray will do, just don't blast yourself in the face with it. spray a light mist in the general direction of your face and then walk into it. it feels weird and sticky for like the first 1o seconds and then you can't feel it.
I've visited MAC makeup counter and they had some type of spray finish makeup sealer.

Also, I've bought some eyeshadow primer from them, it makes powder eyeshadow stick better to the lid.

OK, since this seems to be our running makeup thread, question to those who were trying out HIP hot pink eyeshadow (MQ?). What's the best spot where to put it on without making it look as if I have a pink eye or something like that?

OK, since this seems to be our running makeup thread, question to those who were trying out HIP hot pink eyeshadow (MQ?). What's the best spot where to put it on without making it look as if I have a pink eye or something like that?
I've tried it, and it looked great when paired w/ a couple other shades. Bur regarding the pink.... I used a darker pink along the brow bone and the lighter hot pink just above that between the darker pink and the eyebrow. That duo of colors seemed to work well for my coloring and features when paired with the duo containing a light goldish color and an olive-like color.

actually HIP bright pink (not sure if it is the same as "hot" pink) is my favourite eyeshadow. Recently discovered (after many many attempts to find a bright but not too bright comp makeup pink shadow) and now use at every comp.

I put it on my whole upper lid (but not unders the brow), then line and add black in the crease and white under the brow.

Laura

I think hot pink could be really striking with grey, purple, or black.

I have been getting more and more spare with my makeup. By that I mean fewer products and colors, but more exact/distinct colors from a neutral palette, things with high pigment but not crazy colors. Based on what I saw in my video from my last comp, it was my best makeup job ever. My features were well-defined from a distance, and elegant and ladylike.

I used:
L'Oreal Cashmere Perfect liquid creme foundation (natural ivory)
L'Oreal Tru-Match concealer (light neutral)
MAC Mineralize powder/foundation (in my natural color)
Smashbox blush (in a reddish/brown neutral)

Lancome colored brow tamer gel (brunette)
Smashbox eyelash primer (it looks like white mascara)
Smashbox mascara (black)
MAC eyeshadow stick (Beige-zing -- a frosty creamy neutral)
MAC Fluidline eyeliner (in a deep brown)

Smashbox lip pencil (in a neutral pinkish-brown)
MAC lipstick (in one of the Viva Glam shades)

These are basically the same colors I use for every day, I just used either more intense shades or just more thickly-applied the colors. I didn't really expect it to work as well as it did, to tell the truth. I kind of think that when one reaches a certain age, doing too much starts to push the envelope into drag-queen-dom.

Zhena

Based on what I saw in my video from my last comp, it was my best makeup job ever. My features were well-defined from a distance, and elegant and ladylike.
Laura, if you mean SF Open, I do remember noticing that your makeup was pretty and not overdone.

Thanks again for your help and info at the comp.

For the record, I used Loreal for the second competition today to make me look more tan in the face. I dance standard. I saw Erminio using it at Heritage, and went up and asked him to show me what he was using, so now I am too. :) I like it a lot better than self tanner. It seems sort of silly at first for a guy to use makeup but I like it now because I definitely look better on the floor.

and123

L'oreal *what*? Makeup? Liquid? Powder? Yeah, I know you're a guy so you're excused ;), but L'oreal makes a buttload of products. Which one?

Dance Ads